collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Norwich City - 0 Aston Villa Youth - 2 Post Match Thread  (Read 19777 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: Norwich City - 0 Aston Villa Youth - 2 Post Match Thread
« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2021, 12:07:12 PM »
Just about to watch last night's MOTD including Tuesday night's games and, in the studio, heart sinks like a stone.. it's Danny Murphy...

Ok, time to hear about how awful Villa are...

He'll probably start praising us more now that his mate Stevie is in charge.

Offline Martyn Smith

• Golden Muppet
  • GM : PCM
« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2021, 12:45:53 PM »
Just about to watch last night's MOTD including Tuesday night's games and, in the studio, heart sinks like a stone.. it's Danny Murphy...

Ok, time to hear about how awful Villa are...

He'll probably start praising us more now that his mate Stevie is in charge.

Yeah...

But fair play. I mean, DD saying nice things about us when due could be taken for granted. But DM was rightful in his praise of Ramsey, so fair enough.

Offline Martyn Smith

• Golden Muppet
  • GM : PCM
« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2021, 01:03:57 PM »
Ramsey's goal was a cracker, and well done the referee for playing the advantage after Watkins was fouled - it would have been understandable if he'd blown, having seen no-one near in support of Ramsey and on the half way line.

It was a lovely goal and well done Ramsey for having the confidence to make that run.  Having said that, if you were anything to do with Norwich you'd be furious that those players around him didn't get anything like a tackle in on him.  That was very poor at this level.
I'm still seething with the England players for not putting in a challenge on Maradona when he scored that half decent goat in the World Cup.

Who you trying to kid?
Nobody. I'm just making the point that sometimes players go on a run that's top drawer and should be appreciated for it. I've never heard anyone say anything negative about the defending for the brilliant solo run that Giggs went on in that semi final at Villa Park. It's just accepted as a wonderful iconic goal.

Erm, read your other post again.
I was being facetious about the England players not tackling Maradona. There's no way anyone could have tackled him such was his ability in that moment.The other poster was saying that Norwich should have tackled Ramsey I'm making the point (not very well) that sometimes a skilfull player in full flight is almost impossible to stop and credit should be given to Ramsey in this case rather than focus on Norwich's failure to stop him.

It's one of the those irregular verbs. The Man U player scores a brilliant solo goal, the Villa player should have been tackled

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2021, 02:25:12 PM »
I don't see the need for disagreement here a goal can be both brilliant skill and bad defending, many of the best goals I've ever seen are qite clearly both. The ability to put defenders in a position to make mistakes is probably the biggest 'x' factor in football, Salah is brilliant at it for example.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2021, 04:17:51 PM »
The shoulder drop and smooth direction change just before the strike put me in mind of Bobby Charlton, of all people.

Offline nigel

« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2021, 05:12:38 PM »
The shoulder drop and smooth direction change just before the strike put me in mind of Bobby Charlton, of all people.

That’s one heck of a complement to be mentioned along with the great Bobby Charlton.

It was also JJs awareness, too. He had the composure to look up and around for support, then the confidence to go it alone.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2021, 12:20:54 AM »
In the Spring of our promotion year, I remember watching Liverpool and thinking, "Christ! How will we ever compete with these if we go up?"

I was especially struck by 'The Mighty Reds YNWA''s full-backs getting up and down the channels all match. Cash is now so energised, he is performing this role perfectly. The other Matt isn't quite there yet, but he's back to the level of last season and defending very well.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #172 on: December 22, 2021, 11:39:36 PM »
Oh, and a first.

Villa have finally beaten a Dean Smith team, though it took a Dean Smith team to do it!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal