collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Norwich City - 0 Aston Villa Youth - 2 Post Match Thread  (Read 19893 times)

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Re: Norwich City - 0 Aston Villa Youth - 2 Post Match Thread
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2021, 12:10:22 PM »
Ramsey's goal was a cracker, and well done the referee for playing the advantage after Watkins was fouled - it would have been understandable if he'd blown, having seen no-one near in support of Ramsey and on the half way line.

It was a lovely goal and well done Ramsey for having the confidence to make that run.  Having said that, if you were anything to do with Norwich you'd be furious that those players around him didn't get anything like a tackle in on him.  That was very poor at this level.

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2021, 12:16:43 PM »
Work prevented me seeing any of the game but I’ve read the reports. Still puzzled that so many on the pre-match thread thought this would be a difficult game. Great result which has us one place away from 8th.

So 9th?

Or 2 away from 7th

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2021, 12:18:27 PM »
It was the sort of game/result you'd expect from a top-half side playing the bottom side.  I always fear the worst with us, but had this been the 7/8/9 team playing bottom, it went about as expected.

If we can do the same again to Burnley, then I'll start to think we could be on the verge of something really special.  After our first year back, we've shown we have the ability to beat the top sides in any game (having beaten every champs league challenger bar Man City in the last 18 months), but we've rarely done it consistently well against the lower teams.  If we can start regularly winning against the bottom half teams, as we seem to be doing, then I can see us pushing for Europe sooner than we thought possible.

If we beat Burnley it will be 15 points from 7 games. I wonder when the last time was that we achieved that in the Premier League?

Only Man City and Liverpool (coincidentally the only teams to take anything from us in the last 6 games) are above us in the current form table.  That will change, as tonight's fixtures get played, but we'll still be in the European places on current form.

I genuinely don't think anyone could have expected a better return from Gerrards first 6 games.  Hoped for, maybe, but expected? Nah.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2021, 12:24:01 PM »
Ramsey's goal was a cracker, and well done the referee for playing the advantage after Watkins was fouled - it would have been understandable if he'd blown, having seen no-one near in support of Ramsey and on the half way line.

It was a lovely goal and well done Ramsey for having the confidence to make that run.  Having said that, if you were anything to do with Norwich you'd be furious that those players around him didn't get anything like a tackle in on him.  That was very poor at this level.

I watched it back thinking the defenders probably thought "No foul. He's on his own, going nowhere, do NOT give away a silly foul here in the attacking third", which made them TOO reluctant to dive in - by the time he got to the edge of the box without facing a single challenge it was too late.  The central half backed off expecting the full-back to make the challenge, and the full-back didn't dive in thinking the centre-half would put a foot in.  Poor defending, even worse communication, and JJ took absolutely full advantage.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2021, 12:36:57 PM »

I know what you’re saying but that miss place back pass which should’ve been scored from and suddenly there is no routine at all
I’ve seen all this looking comfortable before and it not working out
But you’re right last night did and was in the end but I still don’t think there’s any routine win for us in this league at the moment

They had one real chance. Are you saying that a routine win will only beconsidered such if we limit teams to no chances whatsoever?!

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2021, 12:39:42 PM »
Makes me laugh how many people calling it a routine win is if we are at the level of Man City now all of a sudden

Where we are there is no such thing as a routine win, every result has to be hard won
As poor as the opposition played last night the game was only put to bed five minutes from the end
Burnley are in the bottom three so you would expect another routine win
No chance every result has to be fought for

Agreed. There is no such thing as a routine win in the pl for where we are. Every team wants to stay in the league and when dodgy refs and var are factored in there is nothing routine about a Tuesday night win at Norwich.
What has changed for me is that I now expect wins where previously I was hoping for them. Last night I expected Villa to win and Saturday will be no different.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2021, 12:48:53 PM »

I know what you’re saying but that miss place back pass which should’ve been scored from and suddenly there is no routine at all
But you’re right last night did and was in the end but I still don’t think there’s any routine win for us in this league at the moment

They had one real chance. Are you saying that a routine win will only beconsidered such if we limit teams to no chances whatsoever?!

Can kinda see where John is coming from. Set-pieces are often 50/50 as to who wins the first header or the knock-down. They had a few corners in the second half last night and until our second goal I wasn't counting any chickens.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2021, 12:54:35 PM »

Routine wins are when you are at the level of Man City Chelsea Liverpool and are expected to batter every team you play
until they play each other
We are nowhere near that level yet

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2021, 01:09:40 PM »

Routine wins are when you are at the level of Man City Chelsea Liverpool and are expected to batter every team you play
until they play each other
We are nowhere near that level yet

I agree mate, it looked routine because of the hard work we did to make it that way, as against Palace too. It was an excellent performance and win.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2021, 01:17:16 PM »
After Wolves I'll be nervous for a while. Though in that game they always looked a threat. Last night we deserved it.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2021, 01:19:05 PM »

I'm still seething with the England players for not putting in a challenge on Maradona when he scored that half decent goat in the World Cup.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2021, 01:32:11 PM »

I'm still seething with the England players for not putting in a challenge on Maradona when he scored that half decent goat in the World Cup.

Who you trying to kid?

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2021, 01:48:54 PM »

Who you trying to kid?
Nobody. I'm just making the point that sometimes players go on a run that's top drawer and should be appreciated for it. I've never heard anyone say anything negative about the defending for the brilliant solo run that Giggs went on in that semi final at Villa Park. It's just accepted as a wonderful iconic goal.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2021, 01:53:18 PM »

The bunch of silly-billys.

Offline rooboy316

• GM : 27.09.2024
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2021, 01:53:21 PM »
People do bleat a lot about both goals.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal