collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 11:00:38 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by pablo_picasso
[Today at 10:56:36 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Risso
[Today at 10:53:07 AM]

Ollie Watkins by andyh
[Today at 10:53:07 AM]

Champions League Contention by Dave P
[Today at 10:31:00 AM]

Robin Olsen by Goldenballs
[Today at 10:28:09 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Ads
[Today at 10:04:48 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:31:35 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Liverpool 1-0 Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 18508 times)

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Re: Liverpool 1-0 Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2021, 12:13:31 PM »
Well the explanation from the Ref's Union says Allision got the ball first before he makes contact with Ings.

Would be true if he did make contact with the ball, but he didn’t.

they say he did and I quote "Alisson clearly pats the ball away"

To the feet of Ings, then Watkins!

Offline supertom

« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2021, 12:15:19 PM »
We gave a good account of ourselves. To get anything out of liverpool at the moment you really need them to drop their levels but they didn't. Their high pressing stopped us getting the ball out, penned us back. Which isn't too surprising. We got into the game a little later when their pressing relented a little. We did have chances, and whilst Allison looked suspect yesterday, their backline was solid. Yep both pens very debatable, and the fact neither decision ever looked remotely like going our way is not at all surprising.

The big thing now, is to go into the next two games, where we should be expecting to dominate the ball, and see how we play under that situation. Because we've played teams so far, we'd have expected to lose out to on possession. We look well drilled so let's so how we can develop our possession game more. I'd be tempted to start Sanson and give DOuglas a rest.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2021, 12:19:09 PM »
As regards the pen; that was a cracking shot into the corner.Any let up in power or placement and Emi saves it.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2021, 12:19:52 PM »
As for the challenge on Ings I agree Allisson gets the ball but I thought that when a defender does that and wipes you out it was still a penalty or is that another interpretation changed? 

exactly this ,, its  a bloody follow through isnt it

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2021, 12:23:41 PM »
Well the explanation from the Ref's Union says Allision got the ball first before he makes contact with Ings.

BUT ITS NOT A CLEAR AND OBVIOUS ERROR SO YOU'RE WRONG!!!!11111  8)

You can't win so its not worth trying Amfy. All about Entertainment. They want 3 teams in a title chase hence all of them getting a helping hand yesterday.. If they can get Man U up there as well before Christmas and make it a 4 horse race they will.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2021, 12:35:23 PM »
Overall we gave a good defensive display and changed system when needed to. This bodes well for the future. In a short period of time Gerrard has shown the team the importance of keeping shape and his speed of reaction to change when it’s needed. That’s impressive.  I can’t see us getting blown away by any team for the rest of the season. If we can get a strong composed midfielder in Jan I’d be very happy.

Offline charlatan

« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2021, 02:40:40 PM »

BUT ITS NOT A CLEAR AND OBVIOUS ERROR SO YOU'RE WRONG!!!!11111  8)

You can't win so its not worth trying Amfy. All about Entertainment. They want 3 teams in a title chase hence all of them getting a helping hand yesterday.. If they can get Man U up there as well before Christmas and make it a 4 horse race they will.

Would have been better off having them all fail to win except Man U then...

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2021, 03:20:38 PM »
I haven't seen the penalty that was given (BBC R5L commentary saw it as nailed on; but then it was Salah, whom everyone thinks should be given everything), but I didn't think Allison did enough on Ings to warrant a pen (saw that live on TV).
Did you stop listening to the 5live commentary? They also thought ours was nailed on. They went on about it at some length, not just at the time but throughout and at the end of the game. They mentioned that MOTD would be having a really close look at it (they didn’t).
Also - what Gerrard alluded to but all the commentators, pundits, & in the main, the replays are missing, is the clear shove in the back on Watkins as the ball runs free. If the first isn’t a penalty, the second is.
For all Liverpool’s dominance, they only got the ball in the net from a penalty, & we should have had one too.
Yes, amfy, I did stop listening! Arrived at a place that was showing the game live so viewed the last 20 minutes.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2021, 04:42:17 PM »
There was a clear body-check on Watkins from (I think) Matip in the build-up to our penalty-shout - he clearly played the man and was nowhere near the ball.
I don't think it was a penalty for Alyson on Ings but we should have got a direct free-kick 20 yards out. Not that we'd have done much with it....is it worth re-signing Leandro Bacuna? Can't think of a decent free-kick taker since he left...

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2021, 04:51:05 PM »
There was a clear body-check on Watkins from (I think) Matip in the build-up to our penalty-shout - he clearly played the man and was nowhere near the ball.
I don't think it was a penalty for Alyson on Ings but we should have got a direct free-kick 20 yards out. Not that we'd have done much with it....is it worth re-signing Leandro Bacuna? Can't think of a decent free-kick taker since he left...

Why not? I've seen a few people say the same and I can't work out why you'd not think, as a Villa fan, that we're very unlucky not to have got that. Clearly has a hand on his hip and and then hits him on the shin with the other. Take the contact away and Ings is clear favourite to get to the loose ball for a shot at an empty net. For me it was the strongest of all the penalty shouts in the game and that the Salah one was given and this one wasn't says a lot about the state of the game right now, Salah went down as he was initiating contact and ot a pen, Ings tried to stay on his feet after contact and got fuck all. Until the officials learn how players abuse the current rules they are just encouraging diving and simulation and need to stop pretending they care about it.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2021, 05:31:05 PM »

Hourihane?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2021, 05:42:00 PM »
How many great free kicks did Bacuna have outside of that one vs Man City?

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2021, 05:43:34 PM »

Think he scored one vs Cardiff. Can't remember many more.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2021, 05:52:13 PM »

Maybe he was saving them for when he played in the Champions League?

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2021, 05:54:49 PM »

Hourihane?

D'oh. Conor, of course. All too easily-forgotten at the moment.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal