collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Man City pre match thread  (Read 30159 times)

Offline Villan82

Re: Aston Villa vs Man City pre match thread
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2021, 05:39:01 PM »
Ignoring him would be incredibly smalltime and it's what the media expect. Would Salah get any stick at Liverpool if he went directly to Man City? Or Ronaldo? Course they would and no-one would expect any different. I hope the press pan our reaction to him.
yeh , it would smack of, "we were so lucky that you played for us and now we know our place"
Lets retire the shirt and name the ground after him.

He needs to know how we feel. And I never want him in our colours again, ever. Many players have betrayed us, very few have done so while feigning to be not just one of us but of us.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2021, 05:39:13 PM »
Ignoring him would be incredibly smalltime and it's what the media expect. Would Salah get any stick at Liverpool if he went directly to Man City? Or Ronaldo? Course they would and no-one would expect any different. I hope the press pan our reaction to him.
yeh , it would smack of, "we were so lucky that you played for us and now we know our place"
We could name a stand after each of his current girlfriends
Think it scans well in commentry -   "And as always, in the second hald Villa will be playing towards the one off love Island's end" 

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2021, 05:41:55 PM »

He needs to know how we feel. And I never want him in our colours again, ever. Many players have betrayed us, very few have done so while feigning to be not just one of us but of us.
I agree, it was a once in a lifetime chance to write a truely special story - and you can't turn round halfway through and say that your bigger than the story without the people that bought into it being hurt

Offline Villan82

« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2021, 05:44:30 PM »

I agree, it was a once in a lifetime chance to write a truely special story - and you can't turn round halfway through and say that your bigger than the story without the people that bought into it being hurt

Well said.

Offline frank black

« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2021, 05:53:28 PM »
I will miss this one, but if biscuit shins plays, I hope our fans welcome will make him cry like the day he signed for city.

Online Skerra

« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2021, 06:06:50 PM »
Beard,don’t think we have enough stands to name them after his girlfriends.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2021, 06:20:05 PM »
I just have this sneaky feeling we'll win tomorrow. Its about time we broke our duck against them. The only one of the Sky 6 we haven't beaten since we've been back up.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2021, 06:33:28 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/59481173
I would not expect SG to say anything else.

I wonder how Dean Smith feels.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2021, 06:40:01 PM »
I think it's a no-win situation for Villa fans tomorrow with regards to Jack Grealish.  There's no right or wrong way to behave (aside from anything violent of course).  Boo, clap.  Whatever.  The media will either patronise or castigate - who cares really?  I think Gerrard is lacking a bit of context with how strongly some Villa fans feel about him leaving though.  He's getting his 'there's a lot of love' vibes from Jacks old mates.

I hope he doesn't play to be honest.  That way we can all just watch the game without it being all about him.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2021, 06:43:38 PM »
Strange analogy from Gerrard when the whole point is he DIDN’T move from Liverpool when tempted - and stayed loyal even though  they never won the league when he was there.. logically, of course, he’s right, but like everyone else I feel bad about what’s happened. It’s a visceral, not a logical business, football.

Offline PhilVill

• Centre Right, but nice with it 😉😙
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2021, 07:11:21 PM »
Strangely optimistic and think we will get a hugely deserved win that will have the press spunk all over SG's mush bit who cares? Players genuinely seem to be buying into his ideas so it's a 2-1 from me. As for JG, quite frankly, who gives a shit?

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2021, 07:16:19 PM »
Off topic slightly. My stepson is choosing to stay at his nans tomorrow rather than come to the match. No idea why.
So my wife said she'd come (and more importantly, drive).
My stepson's ticket is under 18s.   Will my wife get in with his season ticket? It would pain me to have to pay to upgrade her ticket to an adult.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2021, 07:34:57 PM »
Pep pleading poverty saying they only have 14-15 senior players I read.

Will probably only cost about 300m.

Hopefully De Bruyne won't make miracle recovery and Foden out would be good aswell.

Online Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2021, 08:01:19 PM »

That is still so good to watch and I remember cheering the third goal!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal