collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Man City pre match thread  (Read 30031 times)

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Aston Villa vs Man City pre match thread
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2021, 02:54:11 PM »
So, the music played over the tannoys tomorrow should include tracks like Dirty Cash; Money, Money, Money; Pricetag; Money, That's What I Want;

Plus “Hit the road Jack and don’t you come back no more, no more, no more, no more”.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2021, 02:55:22 PM »
So, the music played over the tannoys tomorrow should include tracks like Dirty Cash; Money, Money, Money; Pricetag; Money, That's What I Want;

Plus “Hit the road Jack and don’t you come back no more, no more, no more, no more”.

:D

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2021, 03:00:34 PM »
Please Release Me.

Offline villabear

« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2021, 03:15:29 PM »
Apologies but couldn’t see correct thread for this. With the ongoing issues with trains after the game can anyone suggest where to park before the game. Coming in from South Brum.

Depends on what way you come in (ie straight through town, M5 or M6), how far you're prepared to walk and how early you're able to get there

Coming down Pershore Road/Bristol Road. Probably looking to get there about 7.15ish. Don't mind a bit of a walk.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2021, 03:37:16 PM »
Water under the bridge now, but I still think there would have been a bit of him that was sad to leave the club, yet felt it was something he had to do and he made his decision. 

If he does play, I would rather he is largely ignored than have abuse aimed at him.  With the arrival of Steven Gerrard and after the start we have made under him, it feels like we have finally moved on from him.

That's my view too.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2021, 03:40:20 PM »
Water under the bridge now, but I still think there would have been a bit of him that was sad to leave the club, yet felt it was something he had to do and he made his decision. 

If he does play, I would rather he is largely ignored than have abuse aimed at him.  With the arrival of Steven Gerrard and after the start we have made under him, it feels like we have finally moved on from him.

That's my view too.

He acted in a totally selfish way, he dicked the club around, he dicked Smith around and left us unprepared for the season because the summer was all about him and his move.
Fuck him.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2021, 03:54:05 PM »
Without being completely privy to what went on behind the scenes with him (really from last season up until he actually moved) i think that you're just surmising there. No offence intended BTW because we all know it is very frustrating as a fan in these situations but personally i don't think that he deserves any kind of harsh treatment from us as he really was excellent from that second season in the championship all the way through. He did then have the opportunity to not just play in the CL but for a team that actually has a good chance of winning it, as well as the PL and other trophies. I think he'll come back at some point as well. I certainly wouldn't be clapping him but i think that just treating him like any other opposing player is the way to go.

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2021, 03:55:01 PM »

That's my view too.

And mine, it's the match we need to concentrate on, not him.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2021, 04:10:01 PM »
Ignoring him would be incredibly smalltime and it's what the media expect. Would Salah get any stick at Liverpool if he went directly to Man City? Or Ronaldo? Course they would and no-one would expect any different. I hope the press pan our reaction to him.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2021, 04:13:25 PM »
Each to their own in my opinion
I’ve no problem with others booing and hating on him as they feel betrayed, let down, whatever

But for me I won’t be joining in
I count it a privilege to have watched him over the last few years and is one of the best players I’ve ever seen at Villa
I was unhappy he left, the way he left and I still think he’s made a huge mistake going to Man City
but I cant forget that some of the best experiences I’ve had inside football grounds over the last five or six years have been down to him

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2021, 04:22:22 PM »
Without being completely privy to what went on behind the scenes with him (really from last season up until he actually moved) i think that you're just surmising there. No offence intended BTW because we all know it is very frustrating as a fan in these situations but personally i don't think that he deserves any kind of harsh treatment from us as he really was excellent from that second season in the championship all the way through. He did then have the opportunity to not just play in the CL but for a team that actually has a good chance of winning it, as well as the PL and other trophies. I think he'll come back at some point as well. I certainly wouldn't be clapping him but i think that just treating him like any other opposing player is the way to go.
I hope he doesnt come - cos it will mean were still under-achieving Villa.  By the time he is Ashley Young's age we should be a champions league side - end off - and shouldnt have room in a 25 man squad for cast offs from "our betters"

The only way I could actually handle it would be if it was a career move at a point where he had something to prove.  I.e. if it isnt in the next 2 or 3 years then he can fuck off. 

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2021, 04:26:18 PM »
Pep’s got his moaning about a depleted squad in - their first XI is still far stronger than ours. Cue the vomit-inducing ‘heroic performance’ stuff if they beat us.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2021, 04:36:06 PM »
We'll win this 3-1 and they'll ditch the Sweet Caroline post match singalong in favour of blasting this out of the tannoy system!  ;)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2021, 05:27:23 PM »
Ignoring him would be incredibly smalltime and it's what the media expect. Would Salah get any stick at Liverpool if he went directly to Man City? Or Ronaldo? Course they would and no-one would expect any different. I hope the press pan our reaction to him.
yeh , it would smack of, "we were so lucky that you played for us and now we know our place"
Lets retire the shirt and name the ground after him.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2021, 05:36:32 PM »
yeh , it would smack of, "we were so lucky that you played for us and now we know our place"
Lets retire the shirt and name the ground after him.
We could name a stand after each of his current girlfriends

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal