collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:34 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 10:44:59 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by eamonn
[Today at 10:38:10 PM]

Re: FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread  (Read 356590 times)

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread
« Reply #330 on: November 29, 2021, 07:35:50 PM »
El Ghazi, Traore and Trez allowed to leave in January according to Football Insider

I do not believe any of this is based on facts.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #331 on: November 29, 2021, 07:40:14 PM »
Would be disappointed if SG dosen't rate Traore, think he could be fantastic as inside forward in the system we want to play.

Trez and AEG both have 18 months left now on their deals so pretty vulnerable and right time to cash in on both I think although Trez probably will leave in summer as got to prove his fitness again, can be useful off the bench when he gets back.

Offline john2710

« Reply #332 on: November 29, 2021, 08:27:27 PM »
I think we’ve got one too many wide players &  likewise one too many number eights.

We’ve got no cover at left back & nobody you’d consider good enough to be the starting defensive midfielder.

These would be the positions where we’re likely to see any movement in or out. We also need to create space for the likes of Aaron Ramsey.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #333 on: November 29, 2021, 08:30:21 PM »
El Ghazi, Traore and Trez allowed to leave in January according to Football Insider

Football insider do not base anything on facts. It's guesswork.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #334 on: November 29, 2021, 09:27:55 PM »

Football insider do not base anything on facts. It's guesswork.

It comes from the words of ex-players.  This week, it's Kevin Phillips.  Next week it will be the ever so clued up Noel Whelan.  You're absolutely correct though, it is absolute bollocks and I am a bit surprised that the BBC use it for their gossip page.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 09:35:02 PM by Steve67 »

Offline nigel

« Reply #335 on: November 29, 2021, 09:36:01 PM »

Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #336 on: November 29, 2021, 11:20:17 PM »
Football Insider is made up click bait shite.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #337 on: November 30, 2021, 12:07:41 AM »
not the worst news.

Traore and Trezeguet will be at the African Cup of Nations in the New Year won't they?

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #338 on: November 30, 2021, 08:38:47 AM »
not the worst news.

Traore and Trezeguet will be at the African Cup of Nations in the New Year won't they?

They will as will be nakamba. None of them will be leaving until summer at the earliest i would imagine.

I think we need a dm and a left back in jan.

Then in summer look at a top cb let hause go. I dont think we will sign tuanzebe permanently  also need a rb to challenge cash

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #339 on: November 30, 2021, 09:07:01 AM »
not the worst news.

They will as will be nakamba. None of them will be leaving until summer at the earliest i would imagine.

Then in summer look at a top cb let hause go. I dont think we will sign tuanzebe permanently  also need a rb to challenge cash

If Hause is willing to stay and be a back up option, then I would look at keeping him.  He's fine as a squad option for where we will be over the next couple of seasons.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 09:08:39 AM by tomd2103 »

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #340 on: November 30, 2021, 09:40:06 AM »
I think Kessler will be the right back to challenge Cash and I'd be happy with that.  I'd be dissapointed if we let Traore go, I love watching him and think he will contribute when fit.

It's a DM and a left back for me, although Nakamba and Targett look rejuvinated we still need the depth.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #341 on: November 30, 2021, 09:59:57 AM »
We need LB and DM for me in January.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #342 on: November 30, 2021, 10:46:35 AM »
not the worst news.

If Hause is willing to stay and be a back up option, then I would look at keeping him.  He's fine as a squad option for where we will be over the next couple of seasons.
I'm of a similar mind. I can't see us trying to replace both Tuanzebe and Hause in the summer.  Think one will go, one will stay.  It's not cut & dried as to which one, because if we opt for Hause then that pretty much means extending his contract so it may not work out that much cheaper than buying Axel.  Think it'll come down to a few factors...

If Tuanzebe is available for the right price (thinking probably <£5m) then that's a big plus in his favour, since we can recoup most/all of that with the money we'll get from selling Hause.  And IMO Tuanzebe is probably the marginally better of the two, although not to the extent where it's an obvious choice.

It also depends on who's available.  If there's an obvious candidate for left-sided centre back, but not for right-sided then that'd also push things in strongly in favour of keeping Axel.  Likewise, the other way round would push it very much towards retaining Hause.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #343 on: November 30, 2021, 11:15:08 AM »
I think Kessler will be the right back to challenge Cash and I'd be happy with that.  I'd be dissapointed if we let Traore go, I love watching him and think he will contribute when fit.

It's a DM and a left back for me, although Nakamba and Targett look rejuvinated we still need the depth.

Don't discount Guilbert either, he's currently the best right back in france and playing well enough to be exactly the sort of player you'd target to add squad depth/competition. I have no idea why him and Smith fell out but the 'new broom' effect hould see him at least get a chance.

Otherwise, if Hause is happy to stay I'd keep him, he's not good enough to be a starter for a top half team but if he's ok with the role he has he's never really let us down when we've needed him.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #344 on: November 30, 2021, 11:17:40 AM »
Think Hause will move back to London club. Just a feeling but could see Fulham being in for him, 7-10m to go towards future FFP.

Who knows on Axel. Have to see how often he plays next six months.

Obviously need more than two good CBs to serious challenge top 6.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal