collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matty Cash - Polish international  (Read 119042 times)

Offline Astnor

Re: Matty Cash - Polish international
« Reply #540 on: March 06, 2023, 06:23:32 PM »
Cash had ane easy game / wasnt tested much against Crystal Palace so his ability as a RB for us (for the future) is still questionable IMO.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #541 on: March 06, 2023, 07:07:12 PM »
They’ve got a dangerous forward line who ripped us a new one in the away game. Perhaps it was only an easy game because the defence made it one?

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #542 on: March 07, 2023, 11:22:52 AM »
Two assists don't make a summer etc. Rather than being told by his manager when to go forward and not, hopefully he'll learn by himself soon enough. It's an area that we can still improve on and I'd expect a RB to be signed in the summer, especially if Young isn't given a new deal.

Clear example of his level of football intelligence developing but still having to learn.
I don't even know if  Cash can cope with Millers princple of 7 plus or minus 2 rule.
Emery is determining which players can retain and remember tactical strategies and all of the information given, as well as how much they can comprehend.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #543 on: March 09, 2023, 10:11:46 AM »
Cash had ane easy game / wasnt tested much against Crystal Palace so his ability as a RB for us (for the future) is still questionable IMO.

That's harsh, likes of Eze and Zaha are no mugs. Cash dealt with them well and made the goal. Was a huge improvement from his first half debacle against Everton anyway.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #544 on: March 09, 2023, 10:15:43 AM »

That's harsh, likes of Eze and Zaha are no mugs. Cash dealt with them well and made the goal. Was a huge improvement from his first half debacle against Everton anyway.

Where we were lucky that Dwight McNeil is absolute garbage

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #545 on: March 09, 2023, 11:42:38 AM »

A few seasons ago, strong rumour we were looking to sign McNeill, but the asking fee was far too high.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #546 on: March 09, 2023, 11:47:06 AM »

A few seasons ago, strong rumour we were looking to sign McNeill, but the asking fee was far too high.

Do you know what, I can fucking read as well, thanks.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #547 on: March 09, 2023, 11:51:10 AM »
I don't even know if Cash can cope with Millers principle of 7 plus or minus 2 rule.
He and his teammates are having enough trouble grappling with Villa's Law, which states that when you pass the ball 7 times across the back, our goal difference rapidly experiences a decrement of -2.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #548 on: March 09, 2023, 01:54:15 PM »
Is it really that controversial that some posters think Matty Cash isn't that great or may not be what Emery wants long term?

I've really liked him since he joined, he's made a god contribution and is particulalry good stepping onto loose balls and driving forward.  But mostly his final ball has been a bit iffy and for the amount of times he's got in and around the box in the last couple of seasons his end product has been poor.

I'm in no massive rush to replace him but unless we see a lot more consistency I can see why people think he has some weaknesses and may not last the distance with Emery.

I understand the frustration at the 'conspiracy theories' but even so I think the way some are jumping on other posters opinions is getting a bit OTT for my liking. 

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #549 on: March 09, 2023, 02:39:16 PM »
Two assists don't make a summer etc. Rather than being told by his manager when to go forward and not, hopefully he'll learn by himself soon enough. It's an area that we can still improve on and I'd expect a RB to be signed in the summer, especially if Young isn't given a new deal.

Clear example of his level of football intelligence developing but still having to learn.
I don't even know if  Cash can cope with Millers princple of 7 plus or minus 2 rule.
Emery is determining which players can retain and remember tactical strategies and all of the information given, as well as how much they can comprehend.
OR
It's a lot easier to see and direct what's going on from the touchline, without having to deal with those pesky players that keep coming at you with (or for) the ball.

Seriously Fella, stop questioning other peoples intelligence, unless you've been able to sit down and have a chat with that person - then you can form an opinion.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #550 on: March 09, 2023, 02:40:15 PM »
I don't even know if Cash can cope with Millers principle of 7 plus or minus 2 rule.
He and his teammates are having enough trouble grappling with Villa's Law, which states that when you pass the ball 7 times across the back, our goal difference rapidly experiences a decrement of -2.
Brilliant!

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #551 on: March 09, 2023, 02:43:41 PM »

OR
It's a lot easier to see and direct what's going on from the touchline, without having to deal with those pesky players that keep coming at you with (or for) the ball.

Seriously Fella, stop questioning other peoples intelligence, unless you've been able to sit down and have a chat with that person - then you can form an opinion.
Football intelligence is something completely different than general IQ
And I was exercising my right to do that based on my findings.
Just a bits of strategy ignorance is what I've found.
But it's encouraging that he's obviously eager to learn.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #552 on: March 09, 2023, 03:06:00 PM »
OK Footie, let me humour you here.

I only see the games on the telly, and I am sometimes bemused why players can not see a pass, a move, a developing situation that is blatantly obvious from my seat on the settee.
Then, when I've stopped screaming at said telly, the family have let go of the lampshades and the dog comes out of hiding, I realise that at quite a few moments in the game a player's line of sight is completely different to what I can see, and is frequently blocked by a marauding pack of footballers looking to thwart whatever he intends doing.
That's why an intelligent manager can show to his players when to do something they may not have been able to assess from their own ever-changing, continually crowded viewpoint on the pitch.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #553 on: March 09, 2023, 03:52:17 PM »
The likes of Manas, Trivedi and Ure are the analysts and watch the game from the sidelines or the stands while simultaneously coding it live and communicating with the coaching staff about details. Specific details.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #554 on: March 09, 2023, 04:09:31 PM »
The likes of Manas, Trivedi and Ure are the analysts and watch the game from the sidelines or the stands while simultaneously coding it live and communicating with the coaching staff about details. Specific details.

What Ure has to say means nothing to me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal