collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matty Cash - Polish international  (Read 118849 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Matty Cash - Polish international
« Reply #495 on: February 18, 2023, 12:09:18 PM »
Cash back.
Another to scrutineer today due to him returning to starting line up

Particularly looking on positional play , passing/possession and defending discipline
Hopefully he's been studying hard in Emerys class and ready to take the test today.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #496 on: February 18, 2023, 12:26:18 PM »
Cash back.

Particularly looking on positional play , passing/possession and defending discipline
Hopefully he's been studying hard in Emerys class and ready to take the test today.

I'm sure he'll do you proud, El footstro!

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #497 on: February 18, 2023, 12:40:05 PM »
Brilliant by Cashy! Won ball. Carried it on and played delightful pass for the goal by Watkins
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 12:44:26 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #498 on: February 18, 2023, 12:45:10 PM »
Cash back.

I'm sure he'll do you proud, El footstro!
Just worried on his defending space as three times Arsenal have got in and hes up against Trossard.

Online AlexAlexCropley

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #500 on: February 20, 2023, 10:56:56 AM »
Didn't really get that vibe - just the usual cliché about the players having to encourage the home support and vice versa.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #501 on: February 20, 2023, 11:00:53 AM »
12.30 kick offs don't make for a good atmosphere. It wasn't great on Saturday but wasn't bad either.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #502 on: February 20, 2023, 11:06:58 AM »
I wasn't there Saturday but I Imagine  the atmosphere was quite jittery mainly because we are unable to control possession for long periods and our build up from the back can be scary.

Hopefully in time we can improve this 

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #503 on: February 20, 2023, 11:15:30 AM »
My scouting has led me to Jhilmar Lora of Sporting Cristal described as the 'next' Nolberto Solano, a 22-year-old right-back  already a regular for the Peruvian national side.

I also like Sergi Roberto of Barca who is out of contract in the summer.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #504 on: February 20, 2023, 11:19:06 AM »
The atmosphere was fine on Saturday - in the Holte at least. A mate of mine who usually sits in the Trinity joined us in the Upper Holte for a change and he was impressed.

Offline Bully2345

« Reply #505 on: February 20, 2023, 11:29:47 AM »
My scouting has led me to Jhilmar Lora of Sporting Cristal described as the 'next' Nolberto Solano, a 22-year-old right-back  already a regular for the Peruvian national side.

I'll say it. Nolberto Solano wasn't a right back.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #506 on: February 20, 2023, 12:12:04 PM »

I'll say it. Nolberto Solano wasn't a right back.
These 3 right backs Emery has coached and signed them before all play for better international teams than Cash.
Youssouf Sabaly Senegalese  (Real Betis)
Thomas Meunier Belgian (Dortmund)
Juan Foyth Argentinan (Villareal) played in Prem

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #507 on: February 20, 2023, 12:34:51 PM »
So?

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #508 on: February 20, 2023, 01:14:45 PM »
So?
So?
Well when Moreno or Digne advance, Foyth in particular would be a good addition to a back three that forms. Something Young does but Cash isn't as strong to hold back.
The right back needs to keep good shape as Digne and Moreno marauder forward. According to how I see it tactically, this explains why Young has been frequently preferred ever since working on things during the world cup break. The defender first and foremost is concerned with positioning and reading the play.  .
In that capacity, Young is more disciplined than Cash in able to hang back . Emery system sees Cash vulnerability occur more with a concern if he loses a ball upfield and then failing in defensive transitions. Seems Emery doesn't want that risk.

We all saw Cashy's strength in winning the ball from Zinchenko and quickly and accurately passing the ball to Watkins this was a great assist for the goal. That's a good quality and he shows good ability there but its the overall ability as a right back for Unai Emery strategy that could and does find him wanting.

We also all saw his inability to read the danger for the fourth goal and prevent it from happening. As a result, when the ball was turned over from the corner in transition, Cashy was unable to prevent the opposition from scoring.

It all comes down to balance in playing as a right back for Emery. Villa would ideally have a combination of Young and Cash in one player.
I think if he can understand how his role is both defensively and in and out of possession then hope for Cash but it's about developing his understanding in playing that role and ability in possession.

I have him as an ongoing concern and highlighted other international right backs Emery has worked with that would be able to perfom to a more efficient ability or offer competition in the squad in that position.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #509 on: February 20, 2023, 03:00:09 PM »
Cash can't cross the road.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal