collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by PaulWinch again
[Today at 12:16:20 PM]

NSWE Investment by Bad English
[Today at 12:15:40 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 12:14:55 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:10:05 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 12:09:08 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:01:43 PM]

150 celebrations by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:41:56 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:24:30 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matty Cash - Polish international  (Read 118865 times)

Offline Pat McMahon

Re: Matty Cash - Polish international
« Reply #435 on: January 02, 2023, 04:22:59 PM »
Hmmm not sure Footy.   At the moment i simply think emery is selecting the players he’s been coaching over the past month.  Once they’re all up to speed with his tactics and expectations then I think we can identify any favourites. 

BTW What do you think emery will not see in Cash?

Personally think that Ashley Young is being selected on merit at the moment.  Big plus is that he brings that experience and leadership we desperately lack at times.

He is also always pleading our cause and constantly in the ref’s ear. He’s pretty much the only player who does this like a top player. Looking across the pitch at him yesterday and he really doesn’t switch off and is very good at slowing things down when others want to take quick free kicks, throw ins etc. He must eat up 5 minutes a game on his own.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #436 on: January 02, 2023, 04:36:53 PM »
Hmmm not sure Footy.   At the moment i simply think emery is selecting the players he’s been coaching over the past month.  Once they’re all up to speed with his tactics and expectations then I think we can identify any favourites. 

Personally think that Ashley Young is being selected on merit at the moment.  Big plus is that he brings that experience and leadership we desperately lack at times.

True, but lets not forget that Cash started against Brighton and didn't lose the shirt or lack the 'footballing intelligence' to be in the team then, in between there's been a massive break where all but a handful of the squad got, effectively, a 2nd pre-season to work with the new manager and coaches. Are people honestly surprised that the few who weren't involved haven't been thrown straight back in to the team? As I said on another thread, I'd be amazed if this wasn't all planned out and agreed with the players before they even went to Qatar, does Emery not strike everyone else as the sort of guy who'd be meticulous in his planning and preperation, including how to handle this world cup?

All that said Young has earned the right in the last 2 games to keep the shirt, which is as it should be, there just doesn't need to be speculation about us wanting to sell Cash or Emery thinking he's thick, just like Olsen starting doesn't mean he's angry with Emi for enjoying winning the world cup, or Coutinho being on the bench doesn't mean Emery wants to sell him at a loss back to Brazil or that Coutinho is desperate to leave. I think some people need to stop watching soap operas and chill the fuck out for a while.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #437 on: January 02, 2023, 04:40:42 PM »
Watching Young use his experience is a joy.
Both his positioning, the way he guides others through a game and the way he stays in the ear of the ref is what we’ve missed for a while. For me, he’s been our best defender this season and for a 37 year old that’s some achievement.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #438 on: January 02, 2023, 04:44:24 PM »
I'd like to see Cash start against Wolves. I think the dog botherers will try to park the bus, and I reckon Matty's galavanting up and down will help to unlock them.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #439 on: January 02, 2023, 05:00:58 PM »
Cash is the long term RB at the club just as Emi is the long term keeper. Emi will play vs Wolves. Ash likely keeps his spot but it won’t be forever and I am sure Ash gets it. Creating these what if scenarios and conspiracies is hilarious.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #440 on: January 02, 2023, 05:29:17 PM »
Cash is the long term RB at the club just as Emi is the long term keeper. Emi will play vs Wolves. Ash likely keeps his spot but it won’t be forever and I am sure Ash gets it. Creating these what if scenarios and conspiracies is hilarious. tedious.

Offline Astnor

« Reply #441 on: January 02, 2023, 05:46:15 PM »
Yesterday we had some playing out from the back under very tight pressure and we did manage to do it. IMO Cash isnt the best to participate in that aspect of the game. Further FX Douglas is extremly good in using his body with control and the ball with it in tight situasions to the best for the team as we could see FX in his last movement and touch when he scored yesterday. If he is the best in the squad with body control and ball control Cash is more in the other side of the specter IMO and this makes me nervous when we are being attacked as IMO it does cost us and frustrates me when we attack as it IMO end the attacks more often than not. just my opinion, Cash is as likeable as anyone else and have a lot of strong capabilities FX being very athletic, running very fast forward in straight line, dosent get knocked of the ball and shoot very hard in a straight line.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #442 on: January 02, 2023, 06:23:37 PM »
Cash is the long term RB at the club just as Emi is the long term keeper. Emi will play vs Wolves. Ash likely keeps his spot but it won’t be forever and I am sure Ash gets it. Creating these what if scenarios and conspiracies is hilarious. tedious.

Thank you VID and yes, precisely

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #443 on: January 02, 2023, 09:20:05 PM »

I think Cash might start. 3 games in a week, even for someone as fit as Young might be overdoing it a bit.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #444 on: January 02, 2023, 10:13:47 PM »

True, but lets not forget that Cash started against Brighton and didn't lose the shirt or lack the 'footballing intelligence' to be in the team then, in between there's been a massive break where all but a handful of the squad got, effectively, a 2nd pre-season to work with the new manager and coaches. Are people honestly surprised that the few who weren't involved haven't been thrown straight back in to the team? As I said on another thread, I'd be amazed if this wasn't all planned out and agreed with the players before they even went to Qatar, does Emery not strike everyone else as the sort of guy who'd be meticulous in his planning and preperation, including how to handle this world cup?

All that said Young has earned the right in the last 2 games to keep the shirt, which is as it should be, there just doesn't need to be speculation about us wanting to sell Cash or Emery thinking he's thick, just like Olsen starting doesn't mean he's angry with Emi for enjoying winning the world cup, or Coutinho being on the bench doesn't mean Emery wants to sell him at a loss back to Brazil or that Coutinho is desperate to leave. I think some people need to stop watching soap operas and chill the fuck out for a while.

Agree with those points Paul.  Managing a squad not just the starting eleven is a massive part of a manager's job and is something that quite a few don't get right.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #445 on: January 02, 2023, 11:15:08 PM »

Agree with those points Paul.  Managing a squad not just the starting eleven is a massive part of a manager's job and is something that quite a few don't get right.
just like a certain Ron Saunders?

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #446 on: January 02, 2023, 11:42:47 PM »
Yesterday we had some playing out from the back under very tight pressure and we did manage to do it. IMO Cash isnt the best to participate in that aspect of the game. Further FX Douglas is extremly good in using his body with control and the ball with it in tight situasions to the best for the team as we could see FX in his last movement and touch when he scored yesterday. If he is the best in the squad with body control and ball control Cash is more in the other side of the specter IMO and this makes me nervous when we are being attacked as IMO it does cost us and frustrates me when we attack as it IMO end the attacks more often than not. just my opinion, Cash is as likeable as anyone else and have a lot of strong capabilities FX being very athletic, running very fast forward in straight line, dosent get knocked of the ball and shoot very hard in a straight line.
FX ?

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #447 on: January 02, 2023, 11:45:55 PM »
Fucking Zany.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #448 on: January 03, 2023, 12:00:43 AM »
I'm amazed at how quick Ash still is.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #449 on: January 03, 2023, 12:39:32 AM »
Cash is the long term RB at the club just as Emi is the long term keeper. Emi will play vs Wolves. Ash likely keeps his spot but it won’t be forever and I am sure Ash gets it. Creating these what if scenarios and conspiracies is hilarious.

If anyone except FootVill had posted what he said, you wouldn't have reacted like that. He made a decent post with reasons, it's not like Cash is irreplaceable. He's a competent full-back but not without a fair few weaknesses.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal