collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Help needed - Taking drinks in to Villa Park  (Read 6299 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Help needed - Taking drinks in to Villa Park
« on: October 31, 2021, 07:58:46 AM »
Not sure where to put this so thought here was as good as anywhere.

Since covid the kiosk situation at VP seems worse than ever, culminating in a 25 minute wait over half time at the Wolves game to get served.

I'm taking my lad to the game later and I'm not up for another long wait so I'm planning to take drinks with us.

Does anyone know what the situation is at the turnstiles though with drinks? Obviously when you buy plastic bottles at the kiosks they keep the lids. Presumably they don't do the same at the turnstiles?  I've checked the OS but the link to the ground regulations is dead!

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Help needed - Taking drinks in to Villa Park
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 08:03:13 AM »
maybe something like a caprisun may be suitable? different packaging and no lid. Or maybe juice cartons?

Offline Towser

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 08:08:37 AM »

Since covid the kiosk situation at VP seems worse than ever, culminating in a 25 minute wait over half time at the Wolves game to get served.

I'm taking my lad to the game later and I'm not up for another long wait so I'm planning to take drinks with us.

Does anyone know what the situation is at the turnstiles though with drinks? Obviously when you buy plastic bottles at the kiosks they keep the lids. Presumably they don't do the same at the turnstiles?  I've checked the OS but the link to the ground regulations is dead!
If they see them at the turnstile they will take the lids, hide a couple of spares about your body just in case.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 08:26:19 AM »
Put it in a condom and swallow it.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2021, 08:30:15 AM »

My lad's only little but I'm not sure he'll fit in a condom.  Even one of mine...

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2021, 08:32:40 AM »

My lad's only little but I'm not sure he'll fit in a condom.  Even one of mine...

Very good.

Oh, and I'd just take a rucksack with a kids drinking bottle in it, buried in the middle somewhere wrapped in a coat, you'll be fine.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2021, 08:33:30 AM »

My apologies. I thought I was in the 'getting drugs out of Mexico' thread.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2021, 08:40:15 AM »

I don't think they search kids do they? If not, put a couple in his coat pocket.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2021, 08:41:26 AM »

I don't think they search kids do they? If not, put a couple in his coat pocket.

This is also how you get drugs out of Mexico.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2021, 08:57:54 AM »
The bigger picture is the shocking state of of the catering services at Villa Park. My son used to be head of catering at the sty. He doesn't make it to many games but he came with me to a match pre-lockdown and the game was a sell out. He e-mailed the club with some ideas later that week but never received a reply. It appears that there's a total lack of awareness at the club about the piss poor state of match day catering.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2021, 09:01:34 AM »
They're using a new agency this year, and it's noticeably shit everywhere, even in the corporate areas.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2021, 09:06:44 AM »
They're using a new agency this year, and it's noticeably shit everywhere, even in the corporate areas.

Yeah but they've not had their best team available yet. They moved from 4 behind the bar to 3 to get more glass collectors in as that's all they had.

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2021, 09:07:09 AM »
Holte Suite service shocking last couple of games

Offline Dave P

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2021, 09:36:55 AM »
I take a bottle of squash for my daughter every game in a back pack. Every game the bag is checked. Never have I been pulled up on it. You’ll be fine taking a drink.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2021, 09:41:28 AM »
I've never even entertained the idea of using half time catering. I'm in the DE Upper and it's normally packed in the concourse.
When I used to take little ones I'd stock up with things in a ruck sack.
Having said that there is such a rush of people at once that it's always going to be tough for that amount of time.
Bit like in the Bartons Arms between 1 and 2 o'clock.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal