collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Colours  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
Re: Colours
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2021, 12:41:09 AM »
The last shirt I bought was the first Acorns one. Football shirts don't agree with me, they might as well be made of brillo pads. I tend to wear a claret and blue striped scarf in winter, no club colours in August/September/April/May.

Offline Weedy

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2021, 01:20:29 AM »
My worst experience of wearing the colours was ironically at a home game - vs. Leeds 16 Aug 1976 - as a 14 year old.
As there was a Wumpty bus strike on (very Seventies), my dad gave me a lift to VP, but I, along with several thousand others,
had to trudge back to town to catch a train home.

My mistake was to go to New Street to catch a train back to Solihull instead of Moor Street.
I was wearing a denim jacket with a few Villa badges sewn on and, as was the fashion back then, a scarf tied to each wrist.
Imagine my delight to find the train and platform rammed with glory-hunting Reds on their way home to the South after beating Wolves at Molineux . Ohshit.

I got away with just having the scarves taken as trophies, and escaped to ring home for a lift.
Waiting outside for my dad, I was then greeted by the sight of a horde of Bluenoses approaching, returning off the special from Leicester. Ohshit.

Fortunately, I only received dirty looks and few choice comments and being spotted by some nose schoolmates, general piss-taking.
Mention of the Reds proximity soon meant that the horde disappeared into the depths of New St in search of prey- despite the fact that the train had long gone.

After that episode, a Villa supporting neighbour used take me to the home and some away games.

Did it stop me wearing scarves etc.? Nah - I was 14 ;)

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2021, 05:29:13 AM »
I have an acorns shirt, but having passed 3 score and 10, I tend to use my favourite scarf(I have 3) the half and half Villa/Browns from the Randy Lerner era.

Offline p_ad

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2021, 09:13:47 AM »
Oh shit! That's torn it 🙂

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2021, 09:28:07 PM »
Regarding colours around the world, Brothers AVFC Bundaberg Queensland is worth a google. Having spent 2 months there circa 1991 gutted I never knew they existed !

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2021, 09:29:36 PM »
Apologies, wrong thread. Meant colours around the world !

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2021, 09:40:27 PM »
I used to never wear colours, it was always top or coat and small Vila badge. I then started to take my lad who one day asked why I didn’t wear a villa shirt or villa colours. I didn’t really have an answer so it all changed and now it’s a retro shirt.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal