collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Man Utd v Villa match thread  (Read 13484 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Man Utd v Villa match thread
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2021, 12:08:25 PM »
Early observation from being amongst the home fans: before Ronaldo rejoined who or what did they sing about?

Liverpool.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2021, 12:08:30 PM »
Not a fan of that lineup. Mings when he played for us previously in the centre of a back 3/5 was a car crash. Hause very poor also and Targett not suited to that formation either. So that's three of the back 5 who are likely to be uncomfortable in their positions. AWB is a very average RB that Grealish destroyed here the last two seasons but in this formation we are giving him a bit of a pass.

To be honest, I think Deano is using this formation as a bit of a flunk on the hard decision up front. At least we have options to change the shape of the team if they go ahead. Nakamba and Traore unlucky not to be starting.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2021, 12:08:58 PM »
Bit conservative i suppose. Was hoping Smith would go to a 433, with Traore in alongsude Watkins and Ings, as i do think this lot can be got at. But it is Man U away, so can understand it. To work better than the pre Bailey introduction last week, it needs Targett to have a better game going forwards than and McGinn to drive more through the middle. Thought Nakamba played very well when he came on, but he’s never going to push us further upfield.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2021, 12:09:33 PM »
I’m not sure about this system. I don’t think it plays to our strengths, but let’s hope it works today.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2021, 12:12:47 PM »
If we put out the best team possible today, I don't think we'd get anything..... They have Mike Dean and one or two penalties head start on us.

Disappointed for Nakamba - He's been solid for us last couple of games, and deserved a run in the side imo (in place of Doug who whilst obviously gifted, doesn't move or release the ball quickly enough for me).

EDIT: Just realised... is this not on the box?! Why is it a lunchtime kickoff if it isn't televised?

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2021, 12:13:09 PM »
Just rushed home to watch on TV and I get confused.com       oh well , should have stayed at work .

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2021, 12:15:03 PM »
In our Dean we trust..come on let’s get behind the boys..we’ve got Mike Dean to deal with!

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2021, 12:15:09 PM »
The game has been moved because a very average band have a gig next door later. 

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2021, 12:15:11 PM »
Plan is obviously to keep in the game up to hour mark and then we have some really interesting options to put on if game then gets stretched.

Don't really like Cavani coming out of nowhere to be on the bench for them, he scored a cracking goal v us last season with superb movement so think we could have 6 CBs on the pitch and they'd struggle to handle movement of him and Ronaldo from crosses.

Going to be tough but we at least have a go v them nowadays, can't legislate for external factors like Mike Dean.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2021, 12:16:02 PM »
Think the three at the back have got to handle their attacking three, with Luiz taking care of Fernandes.  This will allow McGinn and Ramsey to push on to Fred and McTominay and the wing backs to look after their full backs, particularly with Shaw pushing on.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 12:19:49 PM by tomd2103 »

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2021, 12:17:04 PM »

EDIT: Just realised... is this not on the box?! Why is it a lunchtime kickoff if it isn't televised?

There's a music event on at the Old Trafford cricket ground - featuring a band called the Courteeners, who I believe are quite popular locally.

Offline BlackCountryVilla

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2021, 12:18:49 PM »

There's a music event on at the Old Trafford cricket ground - featuring a band called the Courteeners, who I believe are quite popular locally.

But really not very good !!

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2021, 12:22:27 PM »
...  And Bogarde. Is that his first time in a matchday senior squad?
No, I think he was in the squad vs BlueScouse (i think!).

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2021, 12:23:31 PM »

Fascist Dictator

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2021, 12:24:15 PM »
...  And Bogarde. Is that his first time in a matchday senior squad?
No, I think he was in the squad vs BlueScouse (i think!).

He wasn't.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal