collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Bad English
[Today at 03:19:14 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:08:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:04:08 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 02:54:38 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Demitri_C
[Today at 02:25:16 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Man U and Officials vs Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread  (Read 12031 times)

Offline sid1964

Re: Man U and Officials vs Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2021, 11:21:05 AM »
We could be winning 2-0 going into injury time and they would still beat us

Hoping for a 1-1, but reality will be them 3 (2 pens and an offside goal all scored by Ronnie) the mighty VILLA 1

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2021, 11:23:00 AM »
I hate this more than any other game. I'm thinking of going the pictures or somewhere it is frowned upon to look at a phone for two hours while it's on.

I hate this fixture at Villa Park more than any other game. Away it feels par for the course to lose there (most teams historically do) and hurts far less, plus it's nearly always the home fixture that features

a) undeserved late comebacks
b) a winner / equaliser in injury time
c) dodgy decisions

Though last time at Old Trafford there was a dodgy pen, of course.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2021, 11:25:04 AM »
We win here roughly once every 30 years so I don't think our time has rolled around again yet. A draw would be a fantastic result (unless it involves blowing a two goal lead)

Was the 1-0 under O'Neill the only time since I've been following the Villa, I wonder? (1977/8 ish)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 11:27:03 AM by RichardBatchelor »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2021, 11:59:07 AM »
Zzzzzzzzzzz.

Main tactic of this must be to tell Luiz to stay the feck away from Pogba as soon as he gets 20 yards from goal.

I'd also start Hause and keep the back 3. May not work but Ronaldo so powerful in the air so why wouldn't you want another good aerial CB especially as he did well v Lukaku last night who's pretty good these days himself.

A boring 3-1 defeat as usual v these I'm sure.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2021, 12:04:25 PM »
A draw  there seems like a victory so would be quite happy to settle for a point.  Think we will lose narrowly.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2021, 12:20:54 PM »
We have had two good performances in Old Trafford the past two seasons. To be honest Grealish was unplayable both days but United can be easy to play against with their unbalanced midfield. I think we are well capable of getting a result and confidence should be high in the group following a very good performance last night. Definitely wouldn't be going overly defensive and we need to have three in midfield, so a hard decision on Ings v Watkins unless Watkins goes on left. Are we expecting McGinn, Sanson and Bailey to be out injured?

If so...
-----------Martinez
Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett
Luiz, Nakamba, Ramsey
Traore, Watkins, Buendia/AEG

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2021, 12:28:14 PM »
It's almost certain that we'll help Sancho discover some form, that's what usually happens with us.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2021, 01:17:17 PM »
I'm sick of this bollocks, and it ends here. 3 wins in 52 in the PL era is beyond a joke. 4 in 53 frankly won't be a whole lot better, but it's a step in the right direction.

We go two up within the hour, they pull one back, then, despite the best efforts of all involved in the manyoo cause, we break away to snatch a third, and I spend the next week slightly drunk.

Online Skerra

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2021, 01:34:57 PM »
I see we’re doing the okie kokie again with our injuries for Saturday’s match. Bailey and Sansom out. Predicted return dates by me are Bailey for another 20 minutes cameo in around March 2022 and Sansom may not come back until his contract expires.
The alternative is, send them both to Man City and they will both be ready to play this weekend. A man we once knew with perpetual Shinsplints problems seems to have had no reoccurrence since his move.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2021, 02:18:52 PM »
Was very impressed with our defence against Chelsea. Hause didn’t look like a 3rd choice centre back and Tuanzebe more than held his own. I suppose we have to overlook the fact that Werner sneaked in between the centre backs for the goal a bit, but Villa looked pretty solid at the back. I was thinking day before the game Werner would probably score because of our established charitable approach to strikers who really need a goal. Well we went to ‘the bridge’ and went one better than last time, so really hope we go up there and do an absolute smash and grab. We’ve got the players now where it’s not just pick your best, fit, first eleven and hope for the best.

Yes we’ll more than likely lose,but if that does happen, hopefully it will be down to the the ref being shit/ biased as usual than us getting twatted by a better side. This Villa squad team is really looking like it is developing into something a bit special.

Almost be tempted to play as many of the youngsters as we can. Someone said Buendia is looking like the academy player trying to break through and the kids all look like they belong. I mostly agree. Not writing Buendia off at all, I just think the young players have developed a lot quicker than we may have hoped or really expected at this point.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2021, 02:51:44 PM »
We are going to have a proper go at them and who knows if the ref cracks down on Ronaldo's antics, and Fernandes's antics and Pogba's antics then we might have a chance.

2-2.

Offline devilla

• GM : Nov, 2012
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2021, 03:03:13 PM »
I hate the red filth and this fixture is my most hated one of every season. As lots have said before, we know exactly what will happen and whoever the referee is they'll still give a dodgy penalty because Ronaldo's histrionics will prevail.

Online Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2021, 03:08:23 PM »
We are going to have a proper go at them and who knows if the ref cracks down on Ronaldo's antics, and Fernandes's antics and Pogba's antics then we might have a chance.

2-2.
You do know it’s Mike Dean don’t you.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2021, 03:26:57 PM »
I think last year summed it up perfectly when the ref was actually from Manchester. Don't even try and hide it now.
You mean he follows €iteh?  ;D ;D ;D

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2021, 04:17:16 PM »
, and I spend the next week slightly drunk.

I think you peaked a bit early on that one!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal