collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 3-0 Everton post match thread  (Read 21311 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Aston Villa 3-0 Everton post match thread
« Reply #225 on: September 19, 2021, 03:47:05 PM »
Noticed them far less than I did Newcastle or Brentford fans, though that may be just because Villa Park seemed louder yesterday.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #226 on: September 19, 2021, 03:48:35 PM »

The team meanwhile will always finish between 7th-11th, so nowhere near good enough to win over those that hate him, and nowhere near bad enough to warrant getting rid of him.

Could be worse obviously, but they're basically just in for a few years everyone shouting at everyone else, with no room for nuance.

A bit like here then...

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #227 on: September 19, 2021, 03:49:26 PM »
An Everton fan outside was telling ‘us’ that we were the ‘worst fans in the world’ which was a bit rich as after the third the away end was so sparsely populated in looked like SHA has been playing

Strange lot Everton, turn up in big numbers but don’t make much of a noise and don’t seem to really enjoy the day.

Then thought of having to go back to Liverpool would make me depressed as well.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #228 on: September 19, 2021, 03:50:58 PM »
An Everton fan outside was telling ‘us’ that we were the ‘worst fans in the world’ which was a bit rich as after the third the away end was so sparsely populated in looked like SHA has been playing

Strange lot Everton, turn up in big numbers but don’t make much of a noise and don’t seem to really enjoy the day.

Then thought of having to go back to Liverpool would make me depressed as well.

*shudder*

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #229 on: September 19, 2021, 03:52:21 PM »
I like Liverpool, the city. There, I’ve said it

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #230 on: September 19, 2021, 03:55:40 PM »
The only thing I've ever heard from them in nearly 40 years is "Everton, Everton, Everton....".

For a set of fans as Dave pointed out so well read, they're lyrically moribund. Perhaps it's beneath them, and instead discuss existentialism between themselves during the game.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #231 on: September 19, 2021, 04:23:29 PM »
I like Liverpool, the city. There, I’ve said it

Ive had some great nights out in Liverpool, much prefer it to Manchester

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #232 on: September 19, 2021, 04:32:32 PM »
The only thing I've ever heard from them in nearly 40 years is "Everton, Everton, Everton....".

For a set of fans as Dave pointed out so well read, they're lyrically moribund. Perhaps it's beneath them, and instead discuss existentialism between themselves during the game.

I was on the train from New St to Witton yesterday and  a group of Everton fans were in boisterous mood. They were singing non stop and had a good repertoire of songs, including some for individual players. Then inside the ground they only sing that Everton Everton Everton song, which I just about hear once or twice from my seat in the Upper Holte.

Re us, I thought we were decidedly average for an hour and we lacked any kind of urgency. Cash was my M O M for his willingness to drive forward, capped by a lovely goal. On the opposite flank I think Targett is often too slow to fire his cross over, and a good number of them are blocked. After Cash, for those who were on the pitch for an hour or so,  I would single out Nakamba as I thought he read the game well, kept possession and did a passable impression of NKante. Bailey obviously had a wonderful cameo.

I' don't yet sense signs of a partnership between Ings and Watkins, though it is obviously early days.

Atmosphere for 10-15 minutes in the second half was joyously raucous. No better place in the world when it is rocking like that.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #233 on: September 19, 2021, 04:41:15 PM »
I'll tell you what, that crack is really moreish.

The secret ingredient is crime.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #234 on: September 19, 2021, 04:44:16 PM »

The team meanwhile will always finish between 7th-11th, so nowhere near good enough to win over those that hate him, and nowhere near bad enough to warrant getting rid of him.

Could be worse obviously, but they're basically just in for a few years everyone shouting at everyone else, with no room for nuance.

A bit like here then...

Yup, but with the added poison of half the posters here having a hatred of Dean Smith just because he was Dean Smith.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #235 on: September 19, 2021, 04:46:50 PM »

A bit like here then...

Yup, but with the added poison of half the posters here having a hatred of Dean Smith just because he was Dean Smith.

As opposed to just that Kestzer bloke on here.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #236 on: September 19, 2021, 05:12:00 PM »
One problem with the system is that the creativity has to come from the full backs, the crossing and final passes from Cash and Target were not great, I would much rather see Buendia, Bailey or Traore in the attacking situations than full backs.

Targett got in some very good positions but his crossing was really poor, same v Brentford so could make sense for Young to play there whenever we do 3-5-2 next as he has more recent experience of playing it.

Online DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #237 on: September 19, 2021, 05:15:32 PM »
We have scored some quality goals so far this season. 2 yesterday, McGinn at Watford, Buendia vs Brentford and of course Ings vs Newcastle.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #238 on: September 19, 2021, 05:16:27 PM »
Reckon Everton fans are in for a rough couple of years.

I was reading through one of their forums after the game yesterday and they seem to have neatly divided themselves into half who hate Benitez and everything about him, and half who think he's a good manager for their current situation.

It's like a pitched battle which is going to see them yelling at each other all the time, regardless of how the team does.

Rafa going to be their McLeish really.

Pretty sure in TSM season we started the season about 7-8 unbeaten and were top half until December but it was never really convincing despite fans remaning patient. Then everything exploded on that night v Bolton, same will happen at Goodison at some point around March.

They were missing key players tbf yesterday as Coleman, Pickford, Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison would've all started if fit so big chunk of first 11 to take out (although we've made Everton teams with those in it pretty average in last two seasons).

Feels though once Gray and Townsend go off the boil they'll have next to no creativity and their defence really isn't good at all if you run at them as we showed second half yesterday.

They're just treading water until they move into the new stadium and perhaps then they'll spend decent amount again.

Club we should be finishing above this season.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #239 on: September 19, 2021, 05:21:53 PM »
One problem with the system is that the creativity has to come from the full backs, the crossing and final passes from Cash and Target were not great, I would much rather see Buendia, Bailey or Traore in the attacking situations than full backs.

Targett got in some very good positions but his crossing was really poor, same v Brentford so could make sense for Young to play there whenever we do 3-5-2 next as he has more recent experience of playing it.

After last season, I became a Targett fan but what's going on with him this season, is he injured or playing his way back to match fitness? He's no where near the player he was last season, right now he looks more like his first season. His crossing was pathetic yesterday, Cash's not much better, but one half decent cross all game reflects poorly on Dean's tactics and selection, especially with Young sitting on the bench. Fortunately he got there in the end but it was obvious from the 10th minute we needed a winger on the pitch.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal