collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Socios  (Read 3613 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Socios
« on: August 11, 2021, 02:06:11 PM »
Villa Crypto?

Thoughts?

Offline clash city rocker

Re: Socios
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 02:19:38 PM »
All totally beyond me. I'll stick to pints and gallons thanks.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 02:20:44 PM »
Got the email for that earlier. It looks a right load of old bollocks, to be frank.

Offline Risso

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 02:23:10 PM »
Every Season Ticket Holder & Claret Member entitled to a free $AVL Fan Token

One $AVL Fan Token is all you need to access every engagement and participation opportunity available for Aston Villa fans on Socios.com. $AVL Fan Tokens can’t be spent and they will never run out. Details on how members and Season Ticket holders can access their free $AVL Fan Token will be revealed soon (18+ restrictions apply).

What to expect

The opportunity to participate in fan polls

We’ll be running a series of polls throughout the season, and we’ll be revealing more about our first polls when the $AVL Fan Token officially launches. Just one $AVL Fan Token will allow you to vote in every poll we run on Socios.com and each Fan Token holder is allowed to take part in the vote only once.

Think you know everything there is to know about Aston Villa... Prove it!

Socios.com will host quizzes, games, and competitions for $AVL Fan Token holders allowing them to test their knowledge and compete against each other for the chance to climb up global leaderboards.                     

Rewards

Every time you use your free $AVL Fan Token to engage with Aston Villa on Socios.com, whether that be by participating in club polls, taking part in quizzes, games, competitions, or any of the other features on the app you’ll earn XP reward points that will allow you to move closer to unlocking rewards which can include club merchandise as well as digital and real-life experiences linked to the club.

What else?

You’ll also discover chat forums, where Aston Villa fans from around the world can discuss the latest goings-on at the club, and Socios.com’s unique Token Hunt feature which will allow $AVL Fan Token holders to experience Augmented Reality from home, on the street, at work, anywhere!

And… more features are being added all the time!

When?

The club will be revealing all the details on the launch of the official $AVL Fan Token and how Members and Season Ticket holders can get their hands on one for free in the coming weeks.

How much? About the same as your morning coffee...

While every member and Season ticket holder will be able to redeem an $AVL Fan Token for free, $AVL Fan Tokens will be on sale at a fixed price of £2 when the official Fan Token Offering (FTO®) launches.

Offline Risso

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 02:24:32 PM »
So it's going to cost me money to participate in a poll or take part in a quiz?

Sign me up! (not)

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 02:27:49 PM »
Should we have a poll on this?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 02:29:43 PM »
So it's going to cost me money to participate in a poll or take part in a quiz?

Sign me up! (not)

No it's free if you're a member or season ticket holder or £2 if you're not, or maybe if you want to buy extra ones it's £2 a pop. Or something.

And you can enter quizzes, woohoo!

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2021, 02:52:13 PM »
So it's basically a tradeable password?!

It sounds like a nonsense, but I've just read that PSG use them and after the Messi announcement one $PSG doubled in "value" to $61.23 so if the club are going to give me something for free I won't turn it down!!!

That said, it feels very much like the time Herbert ripped everyone off by taking the club public and stitching everyone up on the share price...

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2021, 02:53:38 PM »
Is it like Bitcoin? If so can I sell my free Villa Socio for millions of pounds in a few years? Even thousands would do, don't want to be greedy.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2021, 03:22:40 PM »
The Supporter's Trust don't seem very keen on the whole thing.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2021, 03:28:10 PM »

Offline Risso

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2021, 03:32:27 PM »
It just seems to me to be the latest attempt to stick crypto onto things that really don't need crypto anywhere near them. And I certainly don't want to be "earning XP" for doing Villa related things.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2021, 03:37:54 PM »
The Supporter's Trust don't seem very keen on the whole thing.

No surprise.  It appears to just be an attempt to charge for something that really ought to be free.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2021, 03:41:22 PM »
It's been explained to me several times, but I still don't understand 'blockchain' let alone anything crypto

Online KRS

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2021, 03:47:14 PM »
It's been explained to me several times, but I still don't understand 'blockchain' let alone anything crypto
You’re not the only one. One of friends and a neighbour have been telling me how good it is, and they both have invested in excess of £10k each so far. My neighbour has actually sent me a book on the subject of crypto but if I need to read and understand a whole book then it’s fair to say that it’s probably not for me. All I know is that profits/losses fluctuate a lot and it’s on an upward trend at the moment…but could quite easily crash over night or next week given how volatile it is.

Do we have any crypto or investment experts on here?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal