collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 09:41:07 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:36:48 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:32:20 PM]

Player Discipline, Bookings and Suspension by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:28:43 PM]

Robin Olsen by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:25:36 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:12:29 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Drummond
[Today at 09:11:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa or England  (Read 11394 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: Villa or England
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2021, 03:29:27 PM »
Villa. Not even close.

Offline john2710

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2021, 03:35:02 PM »
Villa
I've no interest in England, other than anything that relates to Villa.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2021, 03:38:38 PM »
Who cares?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2021, 03:38:38 PM »
Villa always and forever but this is mot a good question. The two matches are not comparable. One is an international final of tournament that comes around every 4 years the other is an ordinary league game with 37 more to come.
So on this case England.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 03:42:29 PM by olaftab »

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2021, 03:42:06 PM »
Villa, by a margin I'd never have imagined possible in even fairly recent times. Unless Grealish plays, right here and now I couldn't give a toss about Sunday. I'll probably watch it as I've enjoyed this Italy side.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2021, 03:43:37 PM »
I only support the villa players in an england team. No villa and I support the opposition, whoever they are.

Offline Martin Carruthers

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2021, 03:44:13 PM »
Villa always and forever but this is mot a good question. The two matches are not comparable. One is an international final of tournament that comes around every 4 years the other is an ordinary league game with 37 more to come.
So on this case England.

This was my thought.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2021, 04:00:10 PM »
Villa . I think that’s why I’m struggling with this England thing , I’m viewing everything through  a Villa prism and it’s ruining it for me .
I’m going to try and get in the mood for the final but I know as soon as I see the team sheet I’ll be full of apathy again .

That’s me too.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2021, 04:13:20 PM »
Villa

Was our last win at Watford that night game when Mark Mark Mark Delaney scored?

22 years of hurt.

I like it.

Gareth was in that Villa team so I'm sure he'd understand.

Pretty sure in his post-match interview, Gregory said he had been shouting abuse at Delaney in the dressing room at half-time. "He must have seen my face on that ball, cos I've never seen him leather it so hard" was the gist of his comment. The (Villa) shit that your memory retains......I think that answers the question.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2021, 04:14:07 PM »
VTID

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2021, 04:14:31 PM »
Tried explaining this to the other half last night when she asked why I wasn't getting excited about them winning.  Told her that the Walsall game in 2 weeks was "the big one".  I used to be into watching England as a kid but the Rooney, Gerrard, Cole, Ferdinand, Lampard (but definitely not John Terry who I've always admired both as a player and a person) era put me right off, as I couldn't get behind a bunch of characters who I usually wanted to see get absolutely trounced.

They're a likeable bunch now though and though I think Southgate is winging it as a manager you have to applaud them for continuing to take the knee.  Really happy for them to win it but I won't exactly be in tears if Italy win on Sunday, though I'd be chuffed for Grealish and Mings.

As many others have said though I would honestly sooner see the Villa win a goal-kick, corner, etc. than England win any match.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2021, 04:45:46 PM »
Villa.

As with every other England game/tournament I am only really interested enough to see how the Villa boys get on, and hope and pray that they don't get injured.

As with all of the Ingerlund Euros/World Cup hype I am always amazed at how people who have never showed any interest in football generally jump on the bandwagon...my partner's family all swear blind they are "massive" Blose fans but as far as I know none of them (except for one in-law) has ever been to a game. Yet they posted pics on WhatsApp of the whole family at their open house Ingerlund party, including grandkids, in England shirts, singing 3 Lions and saying what an amazing experience it was. They clearly think the whole emotional feeling of hope, commitment to a team, living the highs and lows of a game and a season and celebrating with fellow fans when successful, is unique to the national team doing well. None of them has ever volunteered a comment about football in the 40 years I have known most of them. 

They know nothing!
Except that Ingerlund is the best and will smash those pesky Italians in the final.

UTV!

Online wince

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2021, 04:49:51 PM »
Villa in the league, England/ROI for internationals. I can take my claret and blue specs off for international football and try to enjoy it for what it is.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2021, 04:58:26 PM »
Villa.  When Villa score I go crazy. I don't get that buzz when England score. You get all the part timer supporters pop up during tournaments when they don't mention football at all the rest of the year and you are suddenly lumped into following England with all the supporters of other teams that you usually can't stand, a lot of whom are the arrogant glory hunters who are as arrogant as hell.  Watching Mancs and Cockneys cheering on  Jack when the other nine months of the year they.will boo the he'll out of him is really grating,  especially when you get the "he's too good for you, we'll have him brigade." I never used to feel like this but I have grown increasingly disenchanted with modern football -Villa aside - and international football kind of is the prime example, especially the commercial side of it eg wearing away kits frequently at Wembley or ditching the blue shorts as we have done most most the tournament. 

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2021, 05:02:09 PM »
Plus the whole "let's charge you go get into our pub and watch it" because there's this whole social pressure to have to watch it at a pub surrounded by lots of others. A lot of my mates have spent literally hours trying to book pubs in the last few weeks and some of them you end up a million miles from the telly. Where's the fun in that.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 05:05:46 PM by Deano's Mullet »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal