collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Woody17
[Today at 12:34:13 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: FFP  (Read 121875 times)

richtheholtender

Re: FFP
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2021, 07:31:51 PM »
Purslow was instrumental in drawing up the FFP rules, wasn't he? I'd be absolutely astounded if we weren't working to the letter of the law (fella).

Are you H? From Moseley?

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2021, 07:36:17 PM »
My take.

Under Xia, I used to worry about FFP.

Under NSWE, I don't.

Hope this helps.

Under Xia I used to worry about where the pot was to piss in let alone FFP.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2021, 08:24:11 PM »
You'd be better off putting these questions to SHA and Molineux Mix.

The man to ask is Mr Popodopolous on OTIB. He seems to spend more time analysing our accounts than the whole of our Finance Dept.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2021, 08:38:56 PM »

The man to ask is Mr Popodopolous on OTIB. He seems to spend more time analysing our accounts than the whole of our Finance Dept.

He was one of those salty Bristol City fans wasn't he. Absolute mentalist. 

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2021, 09:10:13 PM »

It's pretty amazing to hear Wolves fans pointing at us and screaming FFP!

Take a look closer to home, bitches.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2021, 09:15:42 PM »

It's pretty amazing to hear Wolves fans pointing at us and screaming FFP!

Take a look closer to home, bitches.

Surely selling their two best players to Liverpool and Spurs last summer will have helped with FFP.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2021, 10:20:37 PM »
It’s dead in the water , because the formulas don’t work any more.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2021, 07:19:37 AM »
I think Amortization covers us. The likes of Wesley are now valued at less than we paid for them which reduces what we've spent, while the ones that have gone up in price are covered by the profit we'd make from them now. Also the contracts for players like Davies, Hourihane and Kalinec have been registered as charity Investments and are not included in FFP*

* A Football Club may get back less than the amount invested. Information on past player performance, where given, is not necessarily a guide to future performance. The capital value of players in the squad can fluctuate and the price of players can go down as well as up and is not guaranteed.If you have any doubts as to the merits of this post, you should seek advice from an independent financial advisor.  [/i]
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 07:21:43 AM by sickbeggar »

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2021, 09:03:16 AM »
My take.

Under NSWE, I don't.

Hope this helps.
Not really Dave, no.

We all know we're being better managed financially.  I was hoping for a more sensible answer on where we stand with FFP and how much more we can spend before we would be in breach of the regulations.  There's a finate amount we can spend over a 3 year period and we must be getting very close to it.  We're just the sort of club they would like to make an example of so we can't just ignore it and say 'we're significantlu richer than yow.' 

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2021, 09:11:28 AM »
Where we stand is that our CEO was a key player in writing the regulations. If we're doing something it's because he knows that it's within the rules or covered by a loophole of some sort.

On top of that even with the 2 years in 1 thing and writing off of some covid related debts I can't see FFP surviving as is because the impact is so broad that any sanctions would be open to legal challenge.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2021, 09:15:42 AM »
My take.

Under NSWE, I don't.

Hope this helps.
Not really Dave, no.

We all know we're being better managed financially.  I was hoping for a more sensible answer on where we stand with FFP and how much more we can spend before we would be in breach of the regulations.  There's a finate amount we can spend over a 3 year period and we must be getting very close to it.  We're just the sort of club they would like to make an example of so we can't just ignore it and say 'we're significantlu richer than yow.'

I’ve seen a few guesses on Twitter from those who seem to revel in the detailed analysis of football finances that we’re still probably £20-£30mill short of our allowed £105m loss over three seasons. However, as the rules have changed during the pandemic and various costs can be excluded from the calculation I’m sure Mr C Purslow and the finance boys will be rightly pushing the rules to the limit. Like others I’d suggest letting NSWE and Purslow worry about that, enjoy the football and our current incisive play in the transfer market.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2021, 09:46:32 AM »
Where we stand is that our CEO was a key player in writing the regulations. If we're doing something it's because he knows that it's within the rules or covered by a loophole of some sort.

On top of that even with the 2 years in 1 thing and writing off of some covid related debts I can't see FFP surviving as is because the impact is so broad that any sanctions would be open to legal challenge.
and very few European clubs will be able to meet the existing criteria.
So they may try to rewrite the rules and after the ESL debacle I think that they may find that extremely difficult.
That is without Citeh flagrantly undermining the whole process.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2021, 09:59:21 AM »

and very few European clubs will be able to meet the existing criteria.
So they may try to rewrite the rules and after the ESL debacle I think that they may find that extremely difficult.
That is without Citeh flagrantly undermining the whole process.
The speculation that it will all fall down is great, I hope it does.  But I don't see us being the club leading the charge in challenging it legally.  I believe we will try to comply with it, albeit as creatively as we can.  So the point remains pre-Covid it was a petty simple £105m loss over 3 seasons.  I know clubs are allowed to add back in Covid losses which I think are estimated at c £30m, but I don't really have any understanding of the detail or where we stand.  I wondered if anybody else does?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 10:49:30 AM by chrisw1 »

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2021, 10:06:46 AM »
End of the day FFP was brought in by the football authorities to placate the established clubs who were worried about the upstarts taking their money. After those same clubs decided to invite the upstarts into their ESL goldmine, the reasons for it's setting-up no longer make any sense.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2021, 10:10:43 AM »
Yep. It was always bollocks as would help the existing leading teams stay at the top forever. Now those teams have shown their true colours, there's no reason to have rules to help them any more.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal