collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: FFP  (Read 145473 times)

Offline danno

Re: FFP
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2021, 10:11:17 AM »
Unless there's a hacker posting on here or Wes Edens posting under a pseudonym, nobody has the necessary financial information to hand to really answer your question.

I tend to agree with other posters, after a year without full stadiums or corporate hospitality it's very unlikely many clubs can currently comply with FFP.

I also don't believe that we're selling Grealish to balance the books, if that's what you're really asking.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2021, 10:13:25 AM »
Where we stand is that our CEO was a key player in writing the regulations. If we're doing something it's because he knows that it's within the rules or covered by a loophole of some sort.

On top of that even with the 2 years in 1 thing and writing off of some covid related debts I can't see FFP surviving as is because the impact is so broad that any sanctions would be open to legal challenge.
and very few European clubs will be able to meet the existing criteria.
So they may try to rewrite the rules and after the ESL debacle I think that they may find that extremely difficult.
That is without Citeh flagrantly undermining the whole process.
The speculation that it will all fall down is great, I hope it does.  But I don't see us being the club leading the charge in challenging it legally.  I believe we will try to comply with it, albeit as creatively as we can.  So the point remains pre-Covid it was a petty simple £105m a season loss over 3 seasons.  I know clubs are allowed to add back in Covid losses which I think are estimated at c £30m, but I don't really have any understanding of the detail or where we stand.  I wondered if anybody else does?

I can't shed any light on the technicalities, Chris. I can, however, guarantee that whatever happens will be a stitch-up in favour of the brave clubs that signed up to the ESL and then suddenly realised that it was bad PR.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2021, 10:49:04 AM »
Unless there's a hacker posting on here or Wes Edens posting under a pseudonym, nobody has the necessary financial information to hand to really answer your question.

I tend to agree with other posters, after a year without full stadiums or corporate hospitality it's very unlikely many clubs can currently comply with FFP.

I also don't believe that we're selling Grealish to balance the books, if that's what you're really asking.
No it's not.  I guess I'm asking how much more we can likley spend this season without being at serious risk.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2021, 10:58:51 AM »
You'd be better off putting these questions to SHA and Molineux Mix.

It's pretty amazing to hear Wolves fans pointing at us and screaming FFP!

Take a look closer to home, bitches.

Surely selling their two best players to Liverpool and Spurs last summer will have helped with FFP.
#

That raised about 45m. Not huge

Offline danno

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2021, 11:02:25 AM »

No it's not.  I guess I'm asking how much more we can likley spend this season without being at serious risk.

Fair enough, it's something to wonder about to be sure.

But without first hand knowledge of how our previous transfers have all been structured, I don't see how anybody could adequately answer your question.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2021, 03:12:45 PM »
You'd be better off putting these questions to SHA and Molineux Mix.

It's pretty amazing to hear Wolves fans pointing at us and screaming FFP!

Take a look closer to home, bitches.

Surely selling their two best players to Liverpool and Spurs last summer will have helped with FFP.
#

That raised about 45m. Not huge

which they then mostly spent on some skinny kid with next to no experience and a shit full back, but because he was from Barcelona he was ace. But we are the problem

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2021, 03:45:18 PM »
We can spend whatever we want to spend. No clubs have been charged with failing FFP rules because they have top lawyers who can tie FIFA,  UEFA and or FA/Premier league in knots. After all what multi million pound business would allow some cartel to dictate how they run their company.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2021, 03:46:31 PM »
Chelsea were banned from signing players but they had about 50 out on loan getting up to speed before they bought them back in again.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2021, 03:47:41 PM »
We're Aston Villa.......we spend what we want

Offline The Edge

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2021, 05:28:35 PM »
My take.

Under Xia, I used to worry about FFP.

Under NSWE, I don't.

Hope this helps.
Not really Dave, no.

We all know we're being better managed financially.  I was hoping for a more sensible answer on where we stand with FFP and how much more we can spend before we would be in breach of the regulations.  There's a finate amount we can spend over a 3 year period and we must be getting very close to it.  We're just the sort of club they would like to make an example of so we can't just ignore it and say 'we're significantlu richer than yow.'
I understand your concerns mate and I have very limited knowledge on how ffp works. I do know that certain clubs have managed to dodge it with apparent impunity so there's ways to do it. I also find comfort in the fact that we have Christian Purslow in our ranks who literally wrote the rules. I'm relaxed about it in all honesty.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2021, 05:49:07 PM »
The Swiss Ramble was always my go to website for money/football stuff but it doesn’t appear to have been updated for a while.  He’s on twitter but I don’t know how to use/search there. 

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2021, 09:35:46 AM »
The Swiss Ramble was always my go to website for money/football stuff but it doesn’t appear to have been updated for a while.  He’s on twitter but I don’t know how to use/search there. 

Nooooooooooooooo!

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2021, 10:06:49 AM »

Nooooooooooooooo!

Ha ha ha, don’t disappear down a SwissRamble rabbit hole on Twitter before you know it you’ll be having earnest conversations with Risso about EBITDA.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2021, 10:22:17 AM »
EBITDA...the working title to Trio's 1980 classic Da Da Da. Fiscal prudence often came first in West Germany.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2021, 10:58:46 AM »
EBITDA...the working title to Trio's 1980 classic Da Da Da. Fiscal prudence often came first in West Germany.

The Beatles were first, "EBITDE, EBITDA, life goes on, whoa.....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal