collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

150 celebrations by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:41:56 AM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 11:41:17 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by chrisw1
[Today at 11:40:35 AM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 11:32:10 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 11:26:04 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 11:24:59 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:24:30 AM]

Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 11:01:23 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crystal Palace 3-2 Utterly inept Aston Villa  (Read 11672 times)

Offline boutrosboutrosgnarly

Re: Crystal Palace 3-2 Utterly inept Aston Villa
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2021, 02:05:26 PM »
Too many of the players are mentally weak, when things don't go to plan they hide.Mind you been like that for 20+ years.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2021, 02:06:00 PM »
4th bottom last 15 games in the form guide. Awful record

Online LukeJames

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2021, 02:06:25 PM »
We gave the ball away at will second half. Ollie lost every 'battle' up top, couldn't hold the ball up at all and it kept coming back at us too quickly.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2021, 02:06:56 PM »
If we could strengthen in one position in the summer it would be a commanding ball-winning defensive midfielder. Someone like  Ndidi or Kante.

Forget buying wingers. We lose control of the midfield and we can't control games as a result. Some strong bastard in the middle is what we need.

It was horrible to watch that second half. Palace are a very ordinary team and we made them look irresistible.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2021, 02:07:14 PM »
Everton away highly likely was our last 3 points for the season. Typical Villa really, start off great and completely and utterly tank.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2021, 02:07:34 PM »
A performance which encapsulates the season as a whole really - some good elements mixed with some really poor ones.  Have to agree with the comments regarding Ramsey - he's a young lad and has done well at times when he has come on as a sub, but has struggled whenever he has started.  Should have come off a lot earlier and we should have tried to bolster the midfield  a bit. 

Offline Skerra

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2021, 02:07:52 PM »
Once again, sadly, I was one of the 5 that put CP up for a win. My heart is all Villa but, my head has seen nothing in the last 6 or more games to say we are going to get a win anytime soon. Season is over, not for us fans but, from our players. Shame 50 points seems to be more wanted by the fans than the players.
Said earlier that we need a good new 5 players for next season to make any progress. Today once again just confirmed that.
I really hope that for you good people that have a ticket for Chelsea get some much better reaction from Villa but, not holding my breath.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2021, 02:08:16 PM »
4th bottom last 15 games in the form guide. Awful record

That's survival form.

We are staying up say we are staying up  8)

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2021, 02:08:19 PM »
I thought Hause played okay, Watkins tried hard and Martinez is blameless for any of the goals. We won't get another point this season I'm afraid.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2021, 02:08:49 PM »
Felt it showed a weakness in the defensive midfield. Palace squeezed us physically and we got bullied. Watkins didn't hold the ball up at all and we stopped working the channel.

We need a stopper in there of high quality who can anchor and stop us leaking possession and consequently territory.

It also points again to the point that when we're without all our best players, we are lacking. No Mings and Cash and we suffered, with 50%, of an excellent defence missing.

No real alchemy to today, they're a big, ugly, physical side that put us under and we wilted. McGinn's booking stymied him, Ramsey was a little boy lost all game with some really poor decisions making. He doesn't look up to this level yet at all when he starts.

It mirrored Burnley away to be honest. A very poor workmanlike side being able to bully us.
I thought exactly the same abouts Ramsey Ads. There just doesn't look to be enough about him to influence games. Disappeared up his own arse before he got hooked. There was a worrying look on Grealish after someone tried to play him in (I forget who) He mouthed "fucking hell man" It was the third time one of our players tried to find him and failed miserably.  I'm no mind reader but he must be thinking if only I had better players around me. Hopefully I'm miles off the truth but it was a worrying sight I thought.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 02:10:45 PM by The Edge »

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2021, 02:09:02 PM »
Utterly out thought and out fought by the mighty Crystal Palace. Cause for concern indeed.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2021, 02:09:02 PM »
Thankfully I have 24 cans of 9% lemon sour type alcohol thing. A joint or a bag of magic mushrooms would really take the edge off. Unfortunately the latter would end up with me being deported.

Up the Villa all.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2021, 02:09:16 PM »
I think Ramsey's had enough chances for this season. Perhaps he'll come through in time, but he's not a PL player yet.

Online jwarry

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2021, 02:09:22 PM »
What was Dean saying about his sides usually finish strongly at the end of the season?

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2021, 02:09:50 PM »
Ramsey's performance provides the answer to all those wanting us to chuck even younger players into the team. It is nice in principle to think these games are a free hit to experiment but in reality we want to win. And the step up to first team football is huge.

You can see Jacob just wants a split second too long on the ball sometimes and struggles to make an impact when it is going against us. Still only 19 and these games will do him the world of good.

Douglas had a good game I thought. McGinn is an odd now. Does so much good work but goes through patches in games when he constantly gives the ball away, and often in dangerous areas.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal