collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Re: Aston Villa Leisure Centre by Pete3206
[Today at 01:30:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 0-0 Everton Post-Match Thread  (Read 9109 times)

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Aston Villa 0-0 Everton Post-Match Thread
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2021, 10:19:53 PM »
Anyone else think Mings was a bit fortunate to escape a red? Seems to be a bit of payback for DLC stamping on his heel earlier in the game. Made a great tackle at end to clear with his right foot!

richtheholtender

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2021, 10:24:21 PM »
Anyone else think Mings was a bit fortunate to escape a red? Seems to be a bit of payback for DLC stamping on his heel earlier in the game. Made a great tackle at end to clear with his right foot!

Yes, I think he was very fortunate. Other way, I would have been asking for a red.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2021, 10:25:23 PM »
I thought there was an element of payback to the tackle. I think most of the time you'll get away with it but it could have gone against him. No need to take the risk with a tackle like that on the halfway line. Still, no harm done, and other than that he was fantastic.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2021, 10:30:08 PM »
A red for that challenge would've been very harsh.

I thought Mings was very good tonight, played like a real leader. Yes he makes the odd mistake but he makes us a better team and his partnership with Konsa in front of Martinez is the best defensive unit we've had for years.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2021, 10:31:47 PM »
Villa v Everton games are usually very good. This one reminded me of 1977 Wembley final.
It was bad, but wasn't that bad.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2021, 10:37:41 PM »
It's absolutely clear that we have to go out this summer and bring in at least two players who can take the pressure of Jack. That certainly isn't Berkley.  AEG, Traore and Davis isn't a match made in heaven.  Pleased for Emi, be fantastic to break the record. 

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2021, 11:29:46 PM »

Nice to see Jack coming on from the Bench and made some fantastic runs but also some passes that were not spectacular. Hopefully he starts against Crystal Palace.

Here is your answer!
"On Grealish:"The medical staff said [bring him on at minute] 75 but I twisted their arm to get a few more minutes out of him. I felt we were flat in the final third and needed a spark. He won't be ready to start at Crystal Palace."

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2021, 11:38:55 PM »
Imagine getting up at 3am to watch that.......... yep (sighs and pours another coffee at his work desk)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2021, 11:41:36 PM »

Nice to see Jack coming on from the Bench and made some fantastic runs but also some passes that were not spectacular. Hopefully he starts against Crystal Palace.

Here is your answer!
"On Grealish:"The medical staff said [bring him on at minute] 75 but I twisted their arm to get a few more minutes out of him. I felt we were flat in the final third and needed a spark. He won't be ready to start at Crystal Palace."

To be honest I can live with that. Have pretty much written off the rest of the season but want more nice win against a scummy team to send us into the summer in a good mood.

Don't have any particular issue with Palace.

Get Jack fit for when we play those twats Tottenham and Chelsea and let's turn, at least one of, them over.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2021, 11:42:34 PM »
Imagine getting up at 3am to watch that.......... yep (sighs and pours another coffee at his work desk)

Friendly question. Which way does the water spin when you flush the bog?

Offline The Charmer

« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2021, 11:52:05 PM »
Davis did his best operating as a lone striker . I thought he worked his socks off like Ollie does with absolutely no support ,guile or creativity from those around him. In fact aside of Jack we only looked dangerous when Davis ran with the ball.  He may not be good enough for a top six team to start regularly I agree , but he is a bloody good sub and has shown that. Of course we need another top class striker but a few of you need to get off his back. Three weeks ago he was hero for his contributions against Fulham and Albion. What short memories you have

Agree with this totally. I certainly would not give up on him just yet.

The club need to somehow work on his self-belief and confidence. Get him to be more selfish when the half-chances open-up, those that he mainly creates for himself with his physicality and turn-of-speed.
Get some coaching from a single-minded, selfish f**ker, someone like Ian Wright.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2021, 12:05:54 AM »
I thought Davis did OK. Lone striker role isn’t his bag and we didn’t exactly do him many favours in the support he got from elsewhere.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2021, 12:34:06 AM »
Mings does have an edge to how he plays and he oversteps the mark on occasions, certainly not popular amongst opposition fans but we've all longed to have players opps can't stand and he's one of them.

Thought it was a great clearance at the end. We know he's got the odd mistake in him but I think generally he's played much better from xmas than he did first half of the season even if defensively it hasn't quite reflected in the stats.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2021, 12:41:02 AM »
We should have been two-up in the first half alone. I'm still wondering how Mings has missed that free header?

If Watkins had played we probably would have been a touch more clinical and nicked it 1-0. Oh well, if you can't win, don't lose!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal