collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Chap
[Today at 02:48:20 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Beard82
[Today at 02:48:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 02:47:53 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by wolfman999
[Today at 02:47:48 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 02:47:42 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Steve67
[Today at 02:47:26 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave P
[Today at 02:47:21 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by aldridgeboy
[Today at 02:47:04 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Who are Aston Villa's Rivals?  (Read 3757 times)

Offline sportprof101

Who are Aston Villa's Rivals?
« on: April 20, 2021, 06:05:21 PM »
Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday! I’m a student at NKU and I wanted to learn more about everyone’s feelings on our rivals and why we feel this way towards them. Since 2014, we—the students and professors of the Know Rivalry Project—have been answering questions of rivalry for sports in North America with the help of message board members. Now we are expanding our research to the English Premier League. Please help us ensure that Aston Villa is included by taking 9 minutes to complete our updated survey:

https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3FdJ8eN2EgFCfCB?grpID=1336

Note: Rival teams can come from other leagues, not just EPL. ie: you could list FC Cincinnati from MLS as a rival.

Our previous results in the US have been featured in numerous sports media outlets, as well as the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. You can view those results, links to media coverage, and learn more about us at our KnowRivalry.com website.

We use the Qualtrics online survey software for data collection. This academic research has been approved by two US universities’ Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and it poses no risks to respondents. You’ll find more information on the disclosure agreement that is required to start the survey. There are plenty of other teams you can look into as well on the site if you had other favorite teams. Survey aside I would like to know your personal feelings about your rivals. Thank you for helping us to include Aston Villa by participating and please share this with any other fans that may also help.

Zachary Beal, Northern Kentucky University
Dr. Joe Cobbs, Northern Kentucky University
Dr. David Tyler, University of Massachusetts—Amherst

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Re: Who are Aston Villa's Rivals?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 06:35:50 PM »
That was actually interesting and fun! Some really different questions than most of them.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 06:39:05 PM »
Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday! I’m a student at NKU and I wanted to learn more about everyone’s feelings on our rivals and why we feel this way towards them. Since 2014, we—the students and professors of the Know Rivalry Project—have been answering questions of rivalry for sports in North America with the help of message board members. Now we are expanding our research to the English Premier League. Please help us ensure that Aston Villa is included by taking 9 minutes to complete our updated survey:

Note: Rival teams can come from other leagues, not just EPL. ie: you could list FC Cincinnati from MLS as a rival.

Our previous results in the US have been featured in numerous sports media outlets, as well as the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. You can view those results, links to media coverage, and learn more about us at our KnowRivalry.com website.

We use the Qualtrics online survey software for data collection. This academic research has been approved by two US universities’ Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and it poses no risks to respondents. You’ll find more information on the disclosure agreement that is required to start the survey. There are plenty of other teams you can look into as well on the site if you had other favorite teams. Survey aside I would like to know your personal feelings about your rivals. Thank you for helping us to include Aston Villa by participating and please share this with any other fans that may also help.

Just in case this is not a joke here goes:
1/ Birmingham City: It's toxic between us. Nothing fake here just pure naked hostility.
2/ West Brom & Wolves: Not on the same level but West Brom is  strong rivalry verging on hatred sometimes. Wolves have never been on our radar of hate but have rattled our cage since they finally got ahead of us for a brief spell.
3/Coventry:  A bunch inbred tramps who have an irrational dislike of us. A no mark club who are difficult to like.
4/ Newcastle & Leeds: A recent rivalry mainly built up on social media. Couldn't really care either way but a grudging respect exists in a three way connection.
5/ Bristol City: Why? I dunno but it's got a lot do with their salty little ex-manager.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 06:50:22 PM »

Just in case this is not a joke here goes:
1/ Birmingham City: It's toxic between us. Nothing fake here just pure naked hostility.
2/ West Brom & Wolves: Not on the same level but West Brom is  strong rivalry verging on hatred sometimes. Wolves have never been on our radar of hate but have rattled our cage since they finally got ahead of us for a brief spell.
3/Coventry:  A bunch inbred tramps who have an irrational dislike of us. A no mark club who are difficult to like.
4/ Newcastle & Leeds: A recent rivalry mainly built up on social media. Couldn't really care either way but a grudging respect exists in a three way connection.
5/ Bristol City: Why? I dunno but it's got a lot do with their salty little ex-manager.

Did you click on the link?
It asks you to assign 100 points across your various ‘rivals’ & then goes into bonkers detail about the main one. That was the fun bit.

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 06:56:34 PM »
I completed it. Was quite interesting. Some things I'd never really thought about. Would I want a Blues fan as my boss?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 06:57:51 PM »
No good to him unless you put that in the survey.,,

Anyway, I picked Leeds.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 06:59:35 PM »
Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday! I’m a student at NKU and I wanted to learn more about everyone’s feelings on our rivals and why we feel this way towards them.

We are now that the ESL looks like it'll collapse. One of my mates played hockey for Miami University (Ohio) so he'd be disappointed if I helped a rival institution's research*.

*I might really based on amfy's recommendation.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 11:18:33 PM »
I completed it. Was quite interesting. Some things I'd never really thought about. Would I want a Blues fan as my boss?

I have for one of mine. He's sound. Knows his place.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 11:19:47 PM »
Rivals? We have none. We are Aston Villa.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2021, 11:28:20 PM »
My boss is Blose. I can imagine it would be a problem with some of their more obsessed rabid idiots but even most of them aren't stupid enough to leave themselves open to a grievance claim if they were seen to be mistreating someone because they support a different football team. It has never caused any problems for me, same when I had a Baggies boss.

Online Rory

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2021, 11:44:41 PM »
A lot of my questions seemed to be about Man Utd. Wankers.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2021, 04:01:47 PM »
what did people perceive as our rivals.  I mentioned  Small Heath, Olbion, Leeds, Man Ure, Cov, Wolves, West Ham, Chelsea, Newcastle and Spurs

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2021, 04:39:00 PM »
Know someone who use to work in a bank, one lad came in for a mortgage in South Birmingham after a bit he told him sorry he can't have it,he was wearing his Birmingham City shirt

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2021, 04:43:30 PM »
Rivals? We have none. We are Aston Villa.

"We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen"😁🏆

Offline Martin Carruthers

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2021, 04:44:39 PM »
My boss is Blose, he's alright considering but I think he's only been to see them when anyone else has been paying since I've known him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal