collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Post match thread Villa 3 Fulham 1  (Read 17314 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Post match thread Villa 3 Fulham 1
« Reply #210 on: April 06, 2021, 02:00:47 PM »
Just beat Man U, for once Villa, FFS. Surely that isn't asking too much? They're not even any good any more.
If I can have one wish for the rest of this season it would be that.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #211 on: April 06, 2021, 02:14:29 PM »
I'd like a double over Liverpool, too, if I'm being greedy 🙂

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #212 on: April 06, 2021, 02:31:36 PM »
Just beat Man U, for once Villa, FFS. Surely that isn't asking too much? They're not even any good any more.

Manure are guaranteed to get a penalty against us so we will need to score at least two goals to win.

Well in our last 2 games they have been given a penalty for fouling our player and fouling themselves, they will get one without a doubt.

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #213 on: April 06, 2021, 02:46:29 PM »
Useless fact - Today's Villa game was the first time that all the starting players from both teams were born after the first Premier League game on 15th August 1992 !

Utterly, utterly, useless fact. Anyone would think that organised football didn't begin until the antichrist  Premier League was born. Every stat, like this one, is related to Premier League history these days. It's like Cambodia starting at year 1 during the reign of Pol Pot ( if anyone's old enough to remember that ?) They'd like us to forget that there's over a hundred years of football history before the PL, with many glorious games and great clubs, non of whom are included in their "Big Six". They go round with their little eraser rubbing out history and replacing it with their own meaningless drivel.

I feel better for that 😁

I feel better for reading it, never truer words spoken!!
Good stuff Hockley.

Amen

Just look at this garbage on the BBC website! Same stat regurgitated. Dendoncker clearly inherited Trez's crown for one night. I don't believe the BBC has the personnel to dig out this kind of garbage ( I certainly hope not ) so they must surely be coming from the PL. Who else would give a shit about such rubbish!

Before his two goals against Fulham, which came just 160 seconds apart, Trezeguet had attempted more shots without scoring than any other player in this season's Premier League (29).

Leander Dendoncker's goal for Wolves was his first in the Premier League this season from his 28th attempt at goal - before this game, he'd had more shots without scoring than any other player this term.

I did preface my post by writing useless fact - All of you seemed to have been drawn to the 2 words Premier League. I was drawn to the fact that neither side had a player at just over 28 and a half years old. I would suggest that Villa and Fulham are probably the only 2 PL teams with such an age profile. Most teams have an experienced head or two in their squads and/or such aged players being the only ones they can afford. It also struck me that neither side are likely to be jettisoning players purely because of their age profile and so poor sell-on value.

Hi nordenvillain. There was no criticism of your post intended. I saw the stat on the BBC too and thought so what. I was agreeing with you because I thought you were making a point about useless facts.

Apologies if you thought it was a criticism.

Utv.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #214 on: April 06, 2021, 03:17:06 PM »
I'd like a double over Liverpool, too, if I'm being greedy 🙂

That's fine, greedy would be asking for another 10 game winning streak from Deano. :)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #215 on: April 06, 2021, 03:37:06 PM »
Go on, then.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #216 on: April 10, 2021, 12:17:39 AM »
Listened to this on the radio and thought that, with us creating very little, Tyrone's balls-up would be the only goal.

What a pleasure to be proven totally wrong!

Clinton Morrison not bad on the co-commentary again -he seems to quite like us...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal