collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PaulWinch again
[Today at 04:22:22 AM]

Champions League Contention by Rory
[Today at 03:07:22 AM]

Diego Carlos by VillaTim
[Today at 03:06:47 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:22:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1124909 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #5700 on: July 30, 2021, 08:25:43 PM »
Where's Lange and his identifing of current first team ready talent and signings
Same with McKenzie

I'm all for this academy thing and youth players being bought but it's folly and getting quite annoyed by the hoovering of talent and the purchasing it's all  play another day , investing in future.
How many of these lot by time they are 20 made 20or so appearances in the first team
Seen it all before and will end up just loaning players out
I really getting frustrated that it's a risk to focus on this youth and academy thing so much.

Dean Smith club last club Brentford went the other way and got rid of their academy

so impatient! It's both / and ...

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5701 on: July 30, 2021, 08:37:49 PM »
Where's Lange and his identifing of current first team ready talent and signings
Same with McKenzie

I'm all for this academy thing and youth players being bought but it's folly and getting quite annoyed by the hoovering of talent and the purchasing it's all  play another day , investing in future.
How many of these lot by time they are 20 made 20or so appearances in the first team
I really getting frustrated that it's a risk to focus on this youth and academy thing so much.

Dean Smith club last club Brentford went the other way and got rid of their academy

It reminds me why I hardly read anything you post.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #5702 on: July 30, 2021, 08:48:43 PM »
http://
Same with McKenzie

so impatient! It's both / and ...
Dear Footy-Vil have a look at some Villa history.In the mid sixties Villa would't pay decent fees,started to lose good players,neglected training facilities and the development of young players.Ended up in the 3rd Division in 1970.We had then started to pick up good young players.The European Cup winning side featured 3 home grown players,Williams,Cowans and Shaw.
Newcastle under Keegan scrapped their youth team.Did very well but no trophies and couldn't sustain their progress unlike Man Utd who were helped by an array of home grown talent such as Giggs,the Nevilles,Butt,Beckham and Scholes.
Outspending Citeh,Chelsea,United and even Liverpool would be difficult,buying players who can develop,Konsa,Buendia and Watkins is a way of catching these teams and especially by hoovering up young talent.Patience can bring its rewards.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5703 on: July 30, 2021, 10:09:11 PM »
If we sell Jack we absolutely have to make a number of statement signings.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #5704 on: July 30, 2021, 10:33:01 PM »

Losing Grealish means the only way we make statement signings are by paying over the odds in fees and wages imo. Which is something I just don’t think the club will do.

Offline Eckybloke

• GM : 06.06.2019
« Reply #5705 on: July 30, 2021, 10:36:14 PM »
I think we’ll want to but I was just reading about Spurs’ spunking of the Bale cash. With the exception of Erikson and arguably Lamela, they wasted it. 

I’d rather we bolstered and brought some youngsters through.  Don’t get me wrong, selling him sends all the wrong messages but wasting the money might end up worse.

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #5706 on: July 30, 2021, 10:37:28 PM »

Losing Grealish means the only way we make statement signings are by paying over the odds in fees and wages imo. Which is something I just don’t think the club will do.

then why sell him

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #5707 on: July 30, 2021, 10:40:05 PM »
Signing JWP would be a signal for me that we are keeping Jack, so we take advantage of all the free kicks he wins for us.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #5708 on: July 30, 2021, 10:47:53 PM »
I think we’ll want to but I was just reading about Spurs’ spunking of the Bale cash. With the exception of Erikson and arguably Lamela, they wasted it. 

I’d rather we bolstered and brought some youngsters through.  Don’t get me wrong, selling him sends all the wrong messages but wasting the money might end up worse.

I don’t think because Spurs failed it means we would. You’d hope we already have players lined up, and whilst this might be fairly ruthless we’re coming out of a pandemic - most clubs won’t be in the position to hold onto valuable assets if they receive decent offers.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #5709 on: July 30, 2021, 10:50:02 PM »
I still don't think Jack will leave but if he does I agree that the sort of statement signings I'd like are youngsters, even if that means setting us back slightly. Pape Sarr, Jeremy Doku, Jude Bellingham, etc.

It might mean a step back for a little while as they get up to speed but added to our own youngsters I think we could end up with a fantastic young squad.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #5710 on: July 30, 2021, 10:51:14 PM »

then why sell him

I don’t think we have a choice, everything points towards a release clause or agreement in place when he signed last year.

Obviously this is all guesswork until we actually hear from Villa

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #5711 on: July 30, 2021, 10:53:16 PM »

then why sell him

I don’t think we have a choice, everything points towards a release clause or agreement in place when he signed last year.

Obviously this is all guesswork until we actually hear from Villa

Nothing points to either.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #5712 on: July 30, 2021, 10:53:39 PM »
Ismael Sarr would be a cracking signing. Bellingham, whilst young, isn’t a “youngster” statement signing. He’s already established at a big European club.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #5713 on: July 30, 2021, 10:56:43 PM »
Calling him JWP makes me think he's probably another bland, overhyped English player.

Not that I've seen him play, other than against Villa.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #5714 on: July 30, 2021, 10:56:57 PM »
I still don't think Jack will leave but if he does I agree that the sort of statement signings I'd like are youngsters, even if that means setting us back slightly. Pape Sarr, Jeremy Doku, Jude Bellingham, etc.

It might mean a step back for a little while as they get up to speed but added to our own youngsters I think we could end up with a fantastic young squad.
This.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal