collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1123824 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #3405 on: June 23, 2021, 01:56:48 PM »
You wonder why Arsenal are vulnerable.

Arsenal looking at cumulative losses of circa £250m over the last three seasons. Stadium debt and other structual debt has increased from £175m to £350m. Total debt including player monies owed and Barclays approaching £500m.

Makes your eyes water

Lets keep this in mind when we start clammering to build a mega stadium - Spurs in the same boat as well

I suspect our stadium development will be fully funded and baked in to the value of the club not loans like those 2. I also suspect we're looking at a significantly less extravagant budget for it the London effect works negatively for clubs sometimes.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3406 on: June 23, 2021, 02:30:12 PM »
Tottenham got loads of it paid by taxpayers, didn't they?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3407 on: June 23, 2021, 02:42:57 PM »

Arsenal looking at cumulative losses of circa £250m over the last three seasons. Stadium debt and other structual debt has increased from £175m to £350m. Total debt including player monies owed and Barclays approaching £500m.

Makes your eyes water

Lets keep this in mind when we start clammering to build a mega stadium - Spurs in the same boat as well

I suspect our stadium development will be fully funded and baked in to the value of the club not loans like those 2. I also suspect we're looking at a significantly less extravagant budget for it the London effect works negatively for clubs sometimes.

There's was a complete knockdown and rebuild though.  Can't see us ever doing that, I reckon North Stand gets done in the next five years, then the Witton after that.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #3408 on: June 23, 2021, 02:50:01 PM »
Yep. I'm not even sure if they'll do the Witton, it's hard to see what they can do to increase the capacity with the space they've got to work with.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3409 on: June 23, 2021, 02:52:04 PM »

Yet they’re still likely to spend a fortune. Heavily linked to various players and may be spending £50m on Ben White.

You start to realise why the ESL interested them.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3410 on: June 23, 2021, 04:42:32 PM »

I wonder if the credit card is maxed out yet

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3411 on: June 23, 2021, 07:27:05 PM »

Makes your eyes water

There's was a complete knockdown and rebuild though.  Can't see us ever doing that, I reckon North Stand gets done in the next five years, then the Witton after that.

Yep, there's plenty of reasons why the work on our ground won't cost anything like the same as those 2.

Offline Rodders

• GM : 30.08.2024
« Reply #3412 on: June 23, 2021, 07:45:24 PM »
Let us not forget that Sawaris has a substantial stake in Lafarge (cement producer) and owns a construction and engineering firm.

Those pulling the purse strings on the eventual B6 redevelopment have more than an inkling about what they're doing - more, say, than their  shiny-shoed, emoji loving, smart city-toting shyster predecessor.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #3413 on: June 23, 2021, 07:46:31 PM »
What about Ward-Prowse, is that dead? And, apols if i missed it, but is Douggeee definitely not going back to Citeh?

If half of these players join, I can see Sanson quickly departing, Ramsey going out on-loan for a year and Hourihane given a season loan somewhere while we pay most of the last 12 months of his wages.

Have we given up on Sanson already? Smith was suggesting when we bought him that the club had been tracking him for some time...

I'd read he was 'difficult to manage' whatever that means.

Any quotes or other information?

His family are Portsmouth supporters and want him out.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #3414 on: June 23, 2021, 09:54:50 PM »
Sanson's family are Portsmouth supporters? =O  I'm still expecting CB and DM...  All well and good getting these here Fancy Dans in but we still looked flakey at the back last year.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #3415 on: June 23, 2021, 10:02:36 PM »
Sanson's family are Portsmouth supporters? =O  I'm still expecting CB and DM...  All well and good getting these here Fancy Dans in but we still looked flakey at the back last year.

I want a DM AND more FDs.

I think we’re all right for CBs.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #3416 on: June 23, 2021, 10:30:09 PM »

I want a DM AND more FDs.

I think we’re all right for CBs.

One DM is no good, you need a pair.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #3417 on: June 23, 2021, 10:31:41 PM »
Three if you are 1-0 up.

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #3418 on: June 23, 2021, 11:00:10 PM »

I think Arsenal and Spurs are there for the taking. They can't afford to put up a fight. I think all they're doing is moving the deckchairs to make it look like nothings changing. That the old order is still in tact. I hope that's the case anyway. I'm wondering if our owners have smelt blood and are looking to gatecrash the party. I certainly hope so 😁

Utv.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3419 on: June 23, 2021, 11:26:42 PM »
With managerial uncertainty at Spurs and Everton, Arteta always being on the edge of crisis, it remains to be seen of Moyes can repeat at West Ham or was it just an anomaly given his more recent PL record, and if Bielsa can elevate Leeds, we have a legitimate chance to attack the top 6.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal