collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1124086 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #3015 on: June 16, 2021, 04:31:36 PM »
Yessss! Can dig out my old white away shirt with Young 7 on the back. Not so young to wear it now...maybe ironically.

Seriously, is he someone Jack would have looked up to at the time? I imagine so. Wonder if they ever met.

Offline ExclDawg

« Reply #3016 on: June 16, 2021, 04:34:25 PM »
Holy cow! Just saw the Young rumors and hoping that one comes through.  Started watching Villa since 2006 and Young was a big part of the reason we finished 6th those few years.  As soon as we sold him, we started circling the drain.  We absolutely could use an old-hat like that, that's been through trophy wins and knows what it takes.  Setting the example for the younger kids.

I think you're the only H&Ver from the Cleveland Browns fan-exchange programme we have (presumably VillaDawg is on a Browns forum arguing the toss over the draft's salary-cap), much respect for hanging around for 15 years! ;D
Stuck through thick and thin with both teams.  Funny how they've sort of mirrored each other too.  A few years ago, the Browns were going 0-16 while Villa was getting relegated, and now both look to be on the cusp of something great!

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #3017 on: June 16, 2021, 04:35:24 PM »
Ashley Young hat trick against Watford in the opening game.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3018 on: June 16, 2021, 04:36:56 PM »
Very unlikely to happen, but absolutely hilarious that we snuck over a bid. The utter cheek.

Same, love it that we had the gall to have a go at one of their brightest talents

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3019 on: June 16, 2021, 04:40:32 PM »
If Vinnie says it is nearly over the line that’s good enough for me.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3020 on: June 16, 2021, 04:41:06 PM »
Holy cow! Just saw the Young rumors and hoping that one comes through.  Started watching Villa since 2006 and Young was a big part of the reason we finished 6th those few years.  As soon as we sold him, we started circling the drain.  We absolutely could use an old-hat like that, that's been through trophy wins and knows what it takes.  Setting the example for the younger kids.

I think you're the only H&Ver from the Cleveland Browns fan-exchange programme we have (presumably VillaDawg is on a Browns forum arguing the toss over the draft's salary-cap), much respect for hanging around for 15 years! ;D
Stuck through thick and thin with both teams.  Funny how they've sort of mirrored each other too.  A few years ago, the Browns were going 0-16 while Villa was getting relegated, and now both look to be on the cusp of something great!

Delighted for you, pal!

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #3021 on: June 16, 2021, 04:41:37 PM »
Very unlikely to happen, but absolutely hilarious that we snuck over a bid. The utter cheek.

Same, love it that we had the gall to have a go at one of their brightest talents

It’s double meltdown time as they’ve had a bid rejected by Brighton for Ben White.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3022 on: June 16, 2021, 04:44:32 PM »

Yes I too remember you first appearing back in the old Learner days
and I’m happy to see you’re still about, one of the Chosen as we like to say

Good to see Pelty still posts as well from that era,
 And he probably had more reason than most not to have stuck around

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3023 on: June 16, 2021, 04:46:19 PM »

And John Percy....

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3024 on: June 16, 2021, 04:47:00 PM »

And John Percy....

Quite. Which is why I have no idea why the thread just got locked.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #3025 on: June 16, 2021, 04:54:22 PM »
Sure, but if we really bid £25m I don't think that our valuation is going to get near theirs. He's only 20, was one of their bright sparks last season and is regarded as the future. It would take a LOT of money to persuade them, and probably a club that's in a clearly better situation than Arsenal.

Nevertheless, like I say, fucking hilarious.

I thought he only had a year left on his contract but it turns out to be two. I'm sure our bid was just to take the piss.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3026 on: June 16, 2021, 04:54:42 PM »
I thought Smith-Rowe's best position was a number 10? That's where he seemed to play before they signed Odegaard on loan.

Couple of thoughts...smart getting Buendia done early if we were going to go back for ESR. Interesting that we still want someone for that position (as above, a number 10?).

Let's see if the Young deal materialises first. We already had a Youth team with Barry and Young playing in it, we might have another Young! The first team might become full of Emi's, Young's and double barrelled surnames!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3027 on: June 16, 2021, 04:55:18 PM »
Trevor Sinclair is a bit thick. Apparently our bid for Smith-Rowe is a sure sign Grealish is off. No you plank, it’s a sign our gazillionaire owners are going to start taking the piss iut of skint pricks like Arsenal and take their upcoming talent to play WITH Grealish.

Offline Martin Carruthers

« Reply #3028 on: June 16, 2021, 04:57:53 PM »
Trevor Sinclair is a bit thick. Apparently our bid for Smith-Rowe is a sure sign Grealish is off. No you plank, it’s a sign our gazillionaire owners are going to start taking the piss iut of skint pricks like Arsenal and take their upcoming talent to play WITH Grealish.

Us being minted seems to have passed most people by. Which is fine by me.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3029 on: June 16, 2021, 04:59:08 PM »
Yeah, if we were looking to replace Jack with the money in advance, so to speak, I don't think we'd be pissing about with £25m bids. You'd have thought people would've noticed the Buendia thing, but apparently not.

By the way, did I miss something, or has John Percy not actually said anything?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 05:03:57 PM by Monty »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal