collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: So, who would you choose?  (Read 3703 times)

Offline eddiemunster

Re: So, who would you choose?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2021, 04:22:23 PM »

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2021, 04:37:20 PM »
None of them.
This!!!
But purely for a bit of fun, if you had to pick 2 players from each of the current bottom six teams...
... I'm not necessarily promoting any of the players listed - although some could do a job for our squad - I was just  reflecting on the range of possible transfer candidates from lower-placed clubs.

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2021, 04:46:55 PM »
None of them.
This!!!
But purely for a bit of fun, if you had to pick 2 players from each of the current bottom six teams...
... I'm not necessarily promoting any of the players listed - although some could do a job for our squad - I was just  reflecting on the range of possible transfer candidates from lower-placed clubs.

I'd prefer to look at the younger 1st teamers of the top six in the Championship, rather than players from the bottom six in the Premiership. After all, apart from Jack, who else was chased from our bottom six squad of last season, and also do you think any of the players from the current bottom six would really enhance our squad?

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2021, 05:40:47 PM »
I was gutted we couldn't keep Sam Johnstone at the time as he impressed me in his spell with us. However he hasn't kicked on and become the player I thought he would be.

He was in the England squad only last week! Brilliant shot stopper still. There are some very good players in those teams. McNeill would be a no brainer and maybe Egan at Sheff Utd. Bissouma at Brighton too.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2021, 05:56:20 PM »
I was gutted we couldn't keep Sam Johnstone at the time as he impressed me in his spell with us. However he hasn't kicked on and become the player I thought he would be.

He was in the England squad only last week! Brilliant shot stopper still. There are some very good players in those teams. McNeill would be a no brainer and maybe Egan at Sheff Utd. Bissouma at Brighton too.

Pretty much all premier league goalkeepers are brilliant shotstoppers, distribution and command of the area are far more important qualities to look at at this level and Johnstone isn't great at either, which is a big part of why the Baggies have the worst defensive record in the league.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2021, 06:35:06 PM »

Pretty much all premier league goalkeepers are brilliant shotstoppers, distribution and command of the area are far more important qualities to look at at this level and Johnstone isn't great at either, which is a big part of why the Baggies have the worst defensive record in the league.
see also Pope's piss-poor distribution for England.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2021, 10:50:42 PM »
I'd go for Saint-Maximin even if the Barcodes stay up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal