collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Newcastle Utd vs Aston Villa pre-match thread  (Read 14288 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Newcastle Utd vs Aston Villa pre-match thread
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2021, 12:02:21 PM »
Should really be winning this comfortably, with or without Jack.

Hello, Sheffield United match thread, old friend.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2021, 12:05:16 PM »
No Wilson, no ASM, no Almiron, and Bruce still in charge?

You'll not need a 'keeper on the pitch, let alone Grealish.

Honestly, we went to West Brom, who've the worst defence in the league, without a striker starting. We waited until deep into the second half before bringing on Gayle, then didn't play him as the striker, then gave Andy Carroll 180 seconds to magic something out his arse.

Bruce is without a doubt, the worst football manager I've seen at my club in over 30yrs watching them. Worse than Ardilles, Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, Roeder (RIP), Allardyce, Kinnear, Pardew, McClaren(FFS). He's maybe, MAYBE better than John Carver, but that's it.

We can't defend well, don't control the ball, and don't create chances as a team. We've relied on individuals way too much.

Of course, it's not Bruce's fault, what with self-inflicted injury crises, the press being negative by accurately reporting our malaise, the fans making St James' toxic by saying means things about him on twitter, the players fault for not being telepathic.

honestly, I've no idea what the profanity filter on here is like, but I swear I could break it.

Yeah, we're experts in all that. It's like Groundhog Day watching his post match comments after another dismal performance from your lot.  Nothing is ever his fault, and when he started his final season with us in the Championship, he effectively left us without a central defence to speak of. He'd played most of that pre-season "having a little bit of a go at" a back 5, before ditching it as soon as the season started then being surprised when we were rubbish up until the time he got sacked.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2021, 12:16:35 PM »

This.

I'm going to 1-0 to Newcastle with Martinez scoring a dreadful and completely avoidable own goal, 0 shots on target for them and whichever keeper they pick playing like Lev Yashin with 8 arms.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2021, 12:21:16 PM »
No Wilson, no ASM, no Almiron, and Bruce still in charge?

You'll not need a 'keeper on the pitch, let alone Grealish.

Honestly, we went to West Brom, who've the worst defence in the league, without a striker starting. We waited until deep into the second half before bringing on Gayle, then didn't play him as the striker, then gave Andy Carroll 180 seconds to magic something out his arse.

Bruce is without a doubt, the worst football manager I've seen at my club in over 30yrs watching them. Worse than Ardilles, Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, Roeder (RIP), Allardyce, Kinnear, Pardew, McClaren(FFS). He's maybe, MAYBE better than John Carver, but that's it.

We can't defend well, don't control the ball, and don't create chances as a team. We've relied on individuals way too much.

Of course, it's not Bruce's fault, what with self-inflicted injury crises, the press being negative by accurately reporting our malaise, the fans making St James' toxic by saying means things about him on twitter, the players fault for not being telepathic.

honestly, I've no idea what the profanity filter on here is like, but I swear I could break it.

Yeah, we're experts in all that. It's like Groundhog Day watching his post match comments after another dismal performance from your lot.  Nothing is ever his fault, and when he started his final season with us in the Championship, he effectively left us without a central defence to speak of. He'd played most of that pre-season "having a little bit of a go at" a back 5, before ditching it as soon as the season started then being surprised when we were rubbish up until the time he got sacked.

He even loaned out the young center backs. Didn't we manage one game where we played an entire back 4 of right backs? I also hold him accountable for finishing James Chester off physically as he played beyond the pain barrier to the detriment of his own health because of Bruce's defensive fuck up pre season.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2021, 12:28:40 PM »

After that abomination of a second half display against Wolves, I wouldn't be confident of beating anyone without Jack right now. It's all about the first goal, Newcastle get it and we will struggle.

I don't think this game will be one for the purists. Traore needs dropping anyway and Luiz was so bad I think Nakamba will have to come back in.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2021, 12:34:28 PM »

My thoughts exactly, been too many should win this games this season.
No idea which Villa will turn up.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2021, 12:44:14 PM »
I think we will nick a 1-0 win in a dog of a game that will have the neutrals changing channels before the final whistle.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2021, 01:08:06 PM »
We surely have to win this game, right? As others have said, they're bang out of form and seemingly a sitting duck, but of course we've said that before many times.

I'll say 0-2 away win.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2021, 01:44:30 PM »
0-1 and scrappy as hell, but a win non the less.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2021, 01:48:08 PM »
You just know Dwight Gayle will turn into a top striker for this one.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2021, 01:49:45 PM »
Score first and we will fine. Dean Smith has the
Indian sign over Brucie and I think that will continue.  2-1 to the Villa.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2021, 01:57:02 PM »
Other than West Brom at home this is on paper the best chance we have of a win of the games left.

Newcastle without their best 3 attacking players too.

We can't balls this up can we?

Sheff U says we can but 0-2.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2021, 02:02:39 PM »
0-3 Watkins x2 and Konsa

Offline The Fish

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2021, 02:19:34 PM »
You're preaching to the converted here pal, we've seen it all with him too. I genuinely do feel for you, especially when some areswipe from a club that hasn't had to suffer him say "What do Newcastle fans expect?"
The usual suspects have unsurprisingly gone quiet on that now.

Savage was banging the drum for Bruce earlier in the season "He's doing as good as Benitez", "They're 6pts off Europe", etc. When it was clear that our football was terrible and soon enough our luck would run out.

I think this season has broken a lot of pundits.
Deluded Geordies, yet only wanting better than relegation fights
Cockney haters, yet not wanting a 'local' man in charge
Only happy with a big name, clamouring for the ex-Luton manager to take control
etcetera

Offline The Fish

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2021, 02:25:45 PM »

He even loaned out the young center backs. Didn't we manage one game where we played an entire back 4 of right backs? I also hold him accountable for finishing James Chester off physically as he played beyond the pain barrier to the detriment of his own health because of Bruce's defensive fuck up pre season.
That all souds eerily familiar.

I just don't understand how these lumps keep getting gigs. I often wonder if the people who own football clubs have any idea about football outside the accountants meetings? Seems fairly simple to me; hire a DoF, get him to establish an ethos for the club and have every decision made with that in mind. From the way the youth teams play/train, the corporate deals you go after, to the managers that lead out the players you've signed. Gives you a the ability to plan years into the future, play a certain way and handle anything unexpected from a solid foundation.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal