collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa V Wolves - Post Match Thread  (Read 12027 times)

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
Re: Aston Villa V Wolves - Post Match Thread
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2021, 11:15:23 AM »
Best 1st half display since the Burnley match, followed by one of the poorest 2nd halves. Yes Wolves improved but they're still a very average side this season, the only Wolves player from yesterday, who would improve us would be Neto, which makes our 2nd half display even more baffling.

Great credit again to Emi, Tyrone and Ezri apart from Man City, those 3 are as good as any in the league, Sanson also did well on his first start, hope he'll be ok for Friday. One of the most concerning aspects of our display was the number of needless free kicks we gave away, particularly on the edge of our box, a better team would have made us pay.

Bigger picture 40 points after 26 games is a great effort, the last time we achieved that this stage of the season would be in the Martin O'Neill days.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2021, 11:20:53 AM »
Referred to as Roadrunner on here when he was with us.

He doesn't even do much running these days.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2021, 11:27:33 AM »
Every week Sky ask how can you stop Adama Traore . It seems to me most teams already have.

Even his lubricated arms couldn't help him yesterday. There are no awards for being the most slippery player in the league.

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2021, 11:34:49 AM »
Lol.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2021, 11:42:37 AM »
He's now a no trick pony

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2021, 11:49:50 AM »
0 league goals and assists in the past 12 months proves to me that Traore has had his best days

He hit a tremendous shot against Leeds the other week that hit the bar, then off the keeper's arse and in. Pretty harsh he didn't get a credit for the goal or the assist!

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2021, 11:51:14 AM »
Best 1st half display since the Burnley match, followeid by one of the poorest 2nd halves. Yes Wolves improved but they're still a very average side this season, the only Wolves player from yesterday, who would improve us would be Neto, which makes our 2nd half display even more baffling.

Great credit again to Emi, Tyrone and Ezri apart from Man City, those 3 are as good as any in the league, Sanson also did well on his first start, hope he'll be ok for Friday. One of the most concerning aspects of our display was the number of needless free kicks we gave away, particularly on the edge of our box, a better team would have made us pay.

Bigger picture 40 points after 26 games is a great effort, the last time we achieved that this stage of the season would be in the Martin O'Neill days.

Agree Lew.  We look a far more defensively solid side this season, which is reflected in the number of clean sheets we have kept.  I still think we could just do with a solid central midfielder with a bit of height to help at set pieces, and then we can focus on adding real quality in the final third in the summer. 

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2021, 11:55:57 AM »
The energy rates were high first half yesterday. Wolves were faster to everything after the break and their passing was better - and once Barkley was on the pace from Villa never picked up. If we’d have put Ramsey on earlier instead it might have made the difference.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2021, 12:19:32 PM »
They are absolutely excruciating to watch though.

And what's with Neto? Angry, angry young man.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2021, 12:52:51 PM »
I think this is the least frustrating year in 11 seasons.

*late reply alert* Ha, point taken. Still a marvellous season. Jesus though, yesterday was an absolute torment.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2021, 01:53:55 PM »
They are absolutely excruciating to watch though.

And what's with Neto? Angry, angry young man.

Clearly realised he'd joined the wrong club.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2021, 02:21:07 PM »
Second half wasn’t great which clouds the first half where I thought we were pretty decent, probably the best attacking play we’ve managed without Jack. Our defensive progression remains remarkable.

If you’d offered me 40 points with 12 games to go back at the start of the season I’d have ripped your arm off. Easy to get frustrated with the inconsistency but second year back and we already look like a decent mid-table side. Play the market well in the summer and we can kick on again.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #147 on: March 07, 2021, 02:24:12 PM »
While we won’t finish the season with 76 points if we get half of the remaining 36 on offer to get to 58 or so it will have been a tremendous campaign. And even that will be a tall order with us still having to play Spurs and Everton twice, Liverpool, Man City and Man U. I can see us finishing with 52 or 53.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2021, 02:34:41 PM »
While we won’t finish the season with 76 points if we get half of the remaining 36 on offer to get to 58 or so it will have been a tremendous campaign. And even that will be a tall order with us still having to play Spurs and Everton twice, Liverpool, Man City and Man U. I can see us finishing with 52 or 53.

That's like 3 wins in 12! I'd hope we get more than that.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2021, 02:39:59 PM »

That's like 3 wins in 12! I'd hope we get more than that.

Oh so do I. I was just being typical Villa fan. But I’m sure we will win a few, draw some and lose a couple in that. High 50’s would be great if we can get there. It just concerns me that the goals have really dried up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal