collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 10 Man Sheffield United 1 Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread  (Read 14878 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: 10 Man Sheffield United 1 Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread
« Reply #180 on: March 04, 2021, 05:22:04 PM »
A bit dramatic isn't?

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #181 on: March 04, 2021, 05:24:39 PM »
The Edge fancies us for a good end to the season: I'm inclined to agree, despite me being so pissed off about last night. Under Deano, there's been a pattern of us generally improving  in the last stages in a season after having a dodgy patch, hasn't there?

Fingers crossed folks and get well soon everyone!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 05:30:50 PM by Behind Bluenose Lines »

Online john e

« Reply #182 on: March 04, 2021, 05:27:57 PM »
A bit dramatic isn't?

Yeah well I’m still fuming about last night fuck up
And it was a fuck up
Smith has no excuses

Then you get the news that Gilbert has scored the winner for his new team and he’s got into every team of the week since he’s been there and we are still fumbling about with ‘he can do a job’ Elmo

i’m sorry It just does my head in

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #183 on: March 04, 2021, 05:49:21 PM »
It’s no good battering the door down in the last 10 minutes
We should have been doing that since the man got sent off and we were one nil down

Whats a defensive midfielder not known for creating danger doing on the pitch in the 67th minute
67 minutes !
why did we start him in the first place against Sheffield United (not jumping on the bandwagon I said this in the Nakamba thread before the game)

I sell lorries for a living and even I know Luiz is twice the footballer Nakamba is
He’s a class player Sheffield United would’ve been a good game for him to regain his confidence
It’s pretty basic stuff really

So basic it’s worrying really

67 minutes ffs
Marvellous was excellent against Leeds and earned his start last night. Luiz lost his place after some really poor performances. Marv repaid the managers faith in him with a poor performance. His ball distribution was awful at times. Deano has learned something. Marv is probably never going to cut it on a regular basis and Elmo is another one who proved the same point. It was his absolute brain fart that cost us at least a draw. They were galvanised by it and had something to defend which they did gallantly. Something they're excellent at which they've rarely had chance to prove this season. They got their noses in front at Old Trafford and held on to the points. It's what they're good at.Without Jack we lacked the guile and genuine star quality to break them down. We learn. We move on. We improve. That's the way it's going to be for some time. Once we get everyone back fit I fancy us for a barnstorming end to the season.

He was excellent against Leeds
But he was there to do a specific job which he did

Saying he earned his place in the next game is exactly the problem
It’s championship manager thinking it’s small time

Play The best players you have to fit your tactics against what ever opposition you face
Simple as that
You'd soon end up with a very pissed off group of players if you adopted that stance. There has to be reward for players who play well for you or they'd soon get the attitude of "fuck it  why should I bother?"

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #184 on: March 04, 2021, 05:56:16 PM »
A bit dramatic isn't?

Yeah well I’m still fuming about last night fuck up
And it was a fuck up
Smith has no excuses

Then you get the news that Gilbert has scored the winner for his new team and he’s got into every team of the week since he’s been there and we are still fumbling about with ‘he can do a job’ Elmo

i’m sorry It just does my head in

I know, I get you and everytime I think about it it grinds my guts.

But you can feel annoyed and angry without it spiralling out of context. This isn't our last shot at the top 4. We will be closer to it next year.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #185 on: March 04, 2021, 05:59:32 PM »
We should have been doing that since the man got sent off and we were one nil down

Whats a defensive midfielder not known for creating danger doing on the pitch in the 67th minute
67 minutes !
why did we start him in the first place against Sheffield United (not jumping on the bandwagon I said this in the Nakamba thread before the game)

I sell lorries for a living and even I know Luiz is twice the footballer Nakamba is
He’s a class player Sheffield United would’ve been a good game for him to regain his confidence

67 minutes ffs
Agree

Online john e

« Reply #186 on: March 04, 2021, 06:39:36 PM »

67 minutes !

67 minutes ffs
Marvellous was excellent against Leeds and earned his start last night. Luiz lost his place after some really poor performances. Marv repaid the managers faith in him with a poor performance. His ball distribution was awful at times. Deano has learned something. Marv is probably never going to cut it on a regular basis and Elmo is another one who proved the same point. It was his absolute brain fart that cost us at least a draw. They were galvanised by it and had something to defend which they did gallantly. Something they're excellent at which they've rarely had chance to prove this season. They got their noses in front at Old Trafford and held on to the points. It's what they're good at.Without Jack we lacked the guile and genuine star quality to break them down. We learn. We move on. We improve. That's the way it's going to be for some time. Once we get everyone back fit I fancy us for a barnstorming end to the season.

Play The best players you have to fit your tactics against what ever opposition you face
Simple as that
You'd soon end up with a very pissed off group of players if you adopted that stance. There has to be reward for players who play well for you or they'd soon get the attitude of "fuck it  why should I bother?"

You’ll also end up mid table with all your best players fucked off to teams who want to play at the highest level

while you end up with those who you’ve bent over backwards to not piss off

Online The Edge

« Reply #187 on: March 04, 2021, 06:55:13 PM »

67 minutes !

67 minutes ffs

Simple as that

You’ll also end up mid table with all your best players fucked off to teams who want to play at the highest level

while you end up with those who you’ve bent over backwards to not piss off
How would that work? All your best players would be still at the club because they would be getting picked for playing well. Players in form get picked players out of form get dropped. That's how it works.

Offline JuanMartinez

« Reply #188 on: March 04, 2021, 06:59:19 PM »
I think what’s he’s trying to say is that for example, Luiz is a better all round player In that role that Marvellous, however as Marvellous had a good game at Leeds that the “in form” player will always get the nod.

I personally don’t think that theory has been applied consistently this season by DS.

Online john e

« Reply #189 on: March 04, 2021, 07:07:00 PM »
I think what’s he’s trying to say is that for example, Luiz is a better all round player In that role that Marvellous, however as Marvellous had a good game at Leeds that the “in form” player will always get the nod.

I personally don’t think that theory has been applied consistently this season by DS.

whether he was right to start him or not the fact is he was still on the pitch in the 67th minute when they were down to 10 men and we were one nil behind
Explain that one

67th minute

Online The Edge

« Reply #190 on: March 04, 2021, 07:10:35 PM »

whether he was right to start him or not the fact is he was still on the pitch in the 67th minute when they were down to 10 men and we were one nil behind
Explain that one

67th minute
We have an annoying habit of leaving it far too late to make changes. I'm a big fan of Dean and his staff but it's one area where they definitely need to wise up.

Offline JuanMartinez

« Reply #191 on: March 04, 2021, 07:11:45 PM »

Explain that one

67th minute

I actually agree with that point.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #192 on: March 04, 2021, 07:34:24 PM »
For me, we have (so far) exceeded expectations at the start of the season.
A good point Legion .....our expectations were raised following  the great start we had ....nevertheless us seasoned Villa veterans are accustomed to the " after the Lord mayors show"type performances ....just when we are in touching distance  of mixing with the so called "big six" we "bottle it" and we are forced to accept that we are not as big/successful as we like think we are ......yes historically we are a " big club" but our successes happened a long time ago ......are we " getting there" again under Smith? Only time will tell

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #193 on: March 04, 2021, 08:21:05 PM »
I sell lorries for a living
Red lorries? Yellow lorries?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #194 on: March 04, 2021, 08:23:30 PM »

Explain that one

67th minute

Dean Smith's subs nearly always follow the same blueprint, no matter the actual situation on the pitch.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal