collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Champions League restructuring  (Read 117209 times)

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
Re: Champions League restructuring
« Reply #1800 on: May 25, 2021, 10:18:17 PM »
The naughty 9 should perhaps get banned from Europe for a year and a point deducted for every team in their domestic league's they were prepared to shit on. So the scab six would lose 14 points for Prem League teams + 1 point for each team in the Championship, div1 & div 2. That's about 80 odd point each. This in turn would start an exodus of their best players who would generally be distributed throughout their opponents. This would simultaneously weaken them while making their opponents stronger 😊.

The other 3 should be expelled from European competition until they apologise and the longer it takes them the stronger the penalty levied against them would be.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1801 on: May 25, 2021, 10:18:59 PM »
The FA have not yet got around to punishing the six clubs yet have they? 

What would the FA punish them for?

Their plan was to swap the Champions League for the Super League. They wanted to carry on with the Premier League and FA Cup, ie the FA's competitions.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #1802 on: May 25, 2021, 10:22:39 PM »
Setting up the competition was a breach of Premier League rules.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1803 on: May 25, 2021, 10:26:29 PM »
Yeah. Serie A have threatened to throw Juve out if they don't withdraw from the ESL before the start of next season.

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #1804 on: May 25, 2021, 10:27:38 PM »
The UEFA president came out with the below guff, so pretty safe to assume there will be no punishment for the teams who "pulled out"

"I said at the UEFA Congress two weeks ago that it takes a strong organisation to admit making a mistake especially in these days of trial by social media. These clubs have done just that."

"In accepting their commitments and willingness to repair the disruption they caused, UEFA wants to put this chapter behind it and move forward in a positive spirit."

"These clubs recognised their mistakes quickly and have taken action to demonstrate their contrition and future commitment to European football."

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1805 on: May 25, 2021, 11:19:21 PM »
I know it's frustrating, but if it means Real, Barca and Juve are thrown out of the CL for a year, I will be laughing quite contentedly.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #1806 on: May 26, 2021, 11:54:30 PM »
 “FC Barcelona, Juventus FC and Real Madrid CF wish to express their absolute rejection of the insistent coercion that Uefa has been maintaining towards three of the most relevant institutions in the history of football.“

Pricks.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1807 on: May 26, 2021, 11:56:18 PM »
I hope no Barcelona fan is ever going to come out with any "People's Club" bollocks, ever again.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1808 on: May 27, 2021, 07:44:58 AM »
“FC Barcelona, Juventus FC and Real Madrid CF wish to express their absolute rejection of the insistent coercion that Uefa has been maintaining towards three of the most relevant institutions in the history of football.“

Pricks.

All clubs are equal, but some clubs are more equal than others.

Online aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #1809 on: May 27, 2021, 07:54:12 AM »

Pricks.

All clubs are equal, but some clubs are more equal than others.

I reckon we have had a few Mr. Joneses at B6.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1810 on: May 27, 2021, 08:59:46 AM »
The arrogance of those three is staggering. And the more they do to piss UEFA off the more likely it is they'll get banned from the Champions League, making their financial situation worse.

Online AllanW

« Reply #1811 on: May 27, 2021, 09:32:57 AM »
Do you remember when UEFA banned English clubs from European competitions for 5 years on the basis that 'they needed to send a strong enough message to everyone else that this hooligan behaviour will not be accepted in any way'?

That's the least I would think should be done to the 9 ESL clubs. The very least. For exactly the same reasons; 'pour encourager les autres'.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1812 on: May 27, 2021, 09:59:15 AM »
I agree Allan, to do absolutely nothing enforces what all fans think about football's governing body, toothless and no bollocks, pandering the the bigger clubs, reinforcing the bias towards those clubs.  Some of the clubs have already been fined a paltry amount but there needs to be a collective punishment which really should include a ban from competition.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1813 on: May 27, 2021, 10:09:15 AM »
No point in throwing out clubs who've already recommitted, and probably no legal basis either. The fact that Juve, Real and Barca are still clinging onto this competition means that there's something for UEFA to use to throw them out.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1814 on: May 27, 2021, 10:09:53 AM »
If they try to ban them for any period of time it gives them all the more incentive to crack on with an ESL.  Their fans would have more sympathy with it this time as they will understand they've been backed into a corner.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see the clubs get huge punishments to really shake up the current monopoly of the haves and have nots, but I just can't see it happening.

What I would like to see it the changes to the current CL reversed - more clubs, wildcard entry etc

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal