collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Baldy
[Today at 02:59:36 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 02:54:38 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 02:45:28 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Demitri_C
[Today at 02:25:16 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burnley v Aston Villa pre-match thread - Wednesday, January 27th, 6pm  (Read 12148 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Burnley vs Aston Villa pre match thread - Wednesday, Jan 27th - 6pm
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2021, 02:58:12 PM »
Some lovely people in Burnley. A place that voted 2/3rds leave, a place where any UKIP/BNP chancer can count their votes in thousands not hundreds. Over the years I've gone to watch the Villa in some right shit hole towns, but Burnley takes the prize for ticking the most boxes for shit hole place with shit house people. From 1974 and an FA Cup defeat when it was run like a totalitarian regime by the anti-semite Bob Lord to a 2004 DOL surrender in the league cup it's always been shit in Burnley. Generally speaking I've always preferred away days north rather than south but in the case of this bunch of kit stealing oiks I'll make an exception. The foods shit and the pubs are dire if you make it out of them alive. If we ever get back to being able to watch football live it wont be on my list for a re-visit. John Cooper Clarke was right. l'll tell you now and I'll tell you firmly, I don't ever want to go to Burnley !

UTV and FTF. 3 points any way you like.
Sort of Ironic as you have taken the of one of its most famous Sons. He was not born there but did retire there and as far as I know stilll lives there.

He's never lived in Burnley as far as I know. Manchester, Dorset, Chickentown, Colchester.

When I met him in about 2005 he lived there.

It must have been there or not far away, because I saw him a couple of times in the early 2000s at the football club when I used to go there with work.

Offline Astnor

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2021, 03:05:07 PM »
Some lovely people in Burnley. A place that voted 2/3rds leave, a place where any UKIP/BNP chancer can count their votes in thousands not hundreds. Over the years I've gone to watch the Villa in some right shit hole towns, but Burnley takes the prize for ticking the most boxes for shit hole place with shit house people. From 1974 and an FA Cup defeat when it was run like a totalitarian regime by the anti-semite Bob Lord to a 2004 DOL surrender in the league cup it's always been shit in Burnley. Generally speaking I've always preferred away days north rather than south but in the case of this bunch of kit stealing oiks I'll make an exception. The foods shit and the pubs are dire if you make it out of them alive. If we ever get back to being able to watch football live it wont be on my list for a re-visit. John Cooper Clarke was right. l'll tell you now and I'll tell you firmly, I don't ever want to go to Burnley !

On one of their forums they have a thread called "nice places to visit in Burnley" ...

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2021, 03:08:04 PM »
Burnley nil please Villa.

a good friend of mine is from Burnley and he is a throughly lovely decent chap,but I still hope he is feeling miserable by 8pm on Weds :)

UTV
The Doc

Offline Risso

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2021, 03:13:16 PM »
To be fair, Burnley isn't far from some lovely scenery in Pendle and the Forest of Bowland. They're not far from the Yorkshire Dales either, but they can be touchy when you remind them of that.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2021, 03:13:59 PM »
I'll forgive Burnley for a lot, just because of this bloke

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2021, 03:16:17 PM »
To be fair, Burnley isn't far from some lovely scenery in Pendle and the Forest of Bowland. They're not far from the Yorkshire Dales either, but they can be touchy when you remind them of that.

oh yes my mate Andy gets very upset at the mere mention of Yorkshire...

UTV
The Doc

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2021, 03:33:41 PM »
I used to know quite a few Burnley lads, they even took me on a football tour to Belgium with them once - they were good guys.

Anyway, hopefully we’ll smash them into next week, and while I would never normally wish an injury to a player, I’ll make an exception with Ben Mee who’s enjoyed the last 13 months of his career , while the player he knobbled hasn’t even got back on the pitch yet.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2021, 03:58:41 PM »
I was chatting to my dad the other week and in a general conversation about football it came up about an old mate of his who had tipped him off a few years ago about his grandson who was about to turn professional with Man City. Turned out the player was Ben Mee but I didn’t have the heart to tell him my views of the player.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2021, 03:58:52 PM »
0-2

Offline steamer

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2021, 04:06:03 PM »
I have been to Blackburn, Blackpool, Bolton, Liverpool, Everton, Manure, Citeh, Oldham, Preston and Wigan but never Burnley.
You have never lived
Get it on bucket list

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2021, 04:28:07 PM »

John Cooper Clarke was the first person to congratulate me on getting engaged to Mrs SE. Long story!

Were you the winner in a bizarre love triangle?

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2021, 04:34:52 PM »
No that was Barney Sumner.

Offline Risso

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2021, 04:39:21 PM »
I have been to Blackburn, Blackpool, Bolton, Liverpool, Everton, Manure, Citeh, Oldham, Preston and Wigan but never Burnley.

It's grim up north

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2021, 04:44:32 PM »
I can see the game being very tight and decided by a late goal. To the Villa of course.

0-1

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2021, 05:02:57 PM »
Surely they will have to attempt to cross the halfway line this time, being the home team?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal