collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread - Jan 20th - 6.00pm  (Read 15002 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread - Jan 20th - 6.00pm
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2021, 01:24:14 PM »
I never fancy us against this lot ,even before they came into all this money we had a awful record against them .I have just discovered who the referee is tonight and we have no chance That idiot Johnathan Moss is the referee. This bloke along with Kevin Friend seems to dislike the Villa and either gives us nothing or as like against Arsenal last season just to name one  instance seems to favour the other team 

He gave the penalty against Konsa for allowing his shin to be stamped on against Man U as well.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2021, 01:47:12 PM »
I wonder if we’ll be slightly stripped back tonight, considering the circumstances and then go full throttle for Newcastle at the weekend.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2021, 01:58:27 PM »
I wonder if we’ll be slightly stripped back tonight, considering the circumstances and then go full throttle for Newcastle at the weekend.

Na let’s put a marker down

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2021, 02:04:16 PM »
Weather reports now saying it will be torrential at kick off,contrary to previous forecasts.

A cold, wet and windy Manchester on a Tuesday night. What players would you say are better suited to the conditions?

Charlie Athersmith.

A league match in November 1894 against Sheffield United at Perry Barr was played in driving freezing rain. Villa's players had dry clothes available, and were given hot drinks, a courtesy apparently not extended to the visitors. The Sheffield players were worse affected, several – including goalkeeper Willie Foulke – needing treatment for exposure, and by the end of the match only six were still on the field. Villa's Jack Devey put on an overcoat, and Athersmith played under an umbrella borrowed from a spectator.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Athersmith

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2021, 02:18:42 PM »
The beauty of working from home is I can take my jeans off. Absolutely howling out there with wind and rain.

Local park area flooded, lawns in gardens have really obvious standing water and it is just torrential.

They did have a game in the CL called off recently. Their drainage system will be tested today. I'm sure it will go ahead, but it is canoe weather.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2021, 02:27:45 PM »
Weather reports now saying it will be torrential at kick off,contrary to previous forecasts.

A cold, wet and windy Manchester on a Tuesday night. What players would you say are better suited to the conditions?

The ones who play in Manchester weather every week?!

Pep, Aguero et al. deserve all the money they get for relocating to such a miserable environment.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2021, 02:28:05 PM »
I never fancy us against this lot ,even before they came into all this money we had a awful record against them .I have just discovered who the referee is tonight and we have no chance That idiot Johnathan Moss is the referee. This bloke along with Kevin Friend seems to dislike the Villa and either gives us nothing or as like against Arsenal last season just to name one  instance seems to favour the other team
absoloute bag of shit

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2021, 02:47:19 PM »
Did we win?

Haha! Yes, Marty! 19 - 88
Bloody days all seem the same with this lockdown!
Know what you mean - the unremitting vanilla of lockdown England..
First time I've been called Marty - that's a differentiator for today!

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2021, 03:16:15 PM »
Desmond.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2021, 03:24:52 PM »

The ones who play in Manchester weather every week?!

Pep, Aguero et al. deserve all the money they get for relocating to such a miserable environment.

Kun cruising round the Trafford Centre by sounds of it.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aguero-onliving-manchester-avoiding-united-8001075

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2021, 03:55:05 PM »
absoloute bag of shit

I didn't have a clue who John Moss was, other than Culture Club's drummer, until he reffed us in the Cup Final. Everyone said he was a shit ref, not just our fans, before the game. Now I know who he is, he's always terrible when I watch a game with him reffing.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2021, 04:16:38 PM »
Always amazed me how he passed the fitness test as he always looks over weight and watch him closely when a team breaks he is always lagging behind and not up with play

Although he can see a United penalty from the opposite end of the pitch

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2021, 04:29:37 PM »
Always amazed me how he passed the fitness test as he always looks over weight and watch him closely when a team breaks he is always lagging behind and not up with play

I was going to say that aswell.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2021, 04:37:15 PM »
It's the black kit, footy.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2021, 04:44:41 PM »
It's the black kit, footy.
Galoshers souwesters