collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Academy v Liverpool All Stars FA Cup 3rd Rd post match thread  (Read 19774 times)

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Aston Villa Academy v Liverpool All Stars FA Cup 3rd Rd post match thread
« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2021, 12:16:18 PM »
I can't pretend as far as stand alone results go I am not pissed off that once again we are out of the FA cup very early. However when I think about all the humiliations in this competition, the horrible losses to lower division opposition and feeble efforts against better teams not leaving out the stench of numerous  defeats against manure, including the 2-0 to 2-3 on a terrible Sunday evening, I feel this is the one I can take with pride. If there is such a thing as honourable loss, not that I believe in that and when it comes to Villa I would rather we were the luckiest team on earth in a win, this is the one.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #211 on: January 10, 2021, 12:19:59 PM »
Woman beater, racist and all round ****** Rod Liddle having a go at Aston Villa for fielding a weakened team in the FA cup and not treating it with respect.

The ****** is ‘supposed’ to be a journalist.

And he’s a Brexiter (of bourse he is).

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2021, 12:22:25 PM »
Us, not taking it seriously? For years now, Liverpool's attitude towards domestic competition has been nothing short of contemptuous. They're this supposed global powerhouse of a club, but in the last fourteen seasons they've gone further than the 5th round twice.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #213 on: January 10, 2021, 12:23:28 PM »
Yes i remember us having to play in our white away shirts against  Wet Spam as the referee  which may have been that idiot Mike Riley said that the Wet Spam away kit was to much like our home kit and he would postpone the game .Of course our club just got on with it like they did Friday and agreed to wear our away kit

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2021, 12:25:35 PM »
Woman beater, racist and all round ****** Rod Liddle having a go at Aston Villa for fielding a weakened team in the FA cup and not treating it with respect.

Wtaf? How could we NOT field a weakened team in the circumstances? Does anyone have a link?

I was wondering about this. Is the angle that we won't countenance postponing a league game but we are willing to do it for a cup game? Which is sort of true but has far more to do with the structure of the competitions than us.
No. He’s talking (out of his cock) about not treating the cup with respect.

https://twitter.com/BenTrenchard/status/1348225603862994944?s=20

That's so bad. Completely uninformed

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2021, 12:34:01 PM »
Yes i remember us having to play in our white away shirts against  Wet Spam as the referee  which may have been that idiot Mike Riley said that the Wet Spam away kit was to much like our home kit and he would postpone the game .Of course our club just got on with it like they did Friday and agreed to wear our away kit
It was Mark Halsey wasn't it?  TC was on holiday so I took a mate who'd not seen us play for a couple of seasons.  In the first half the shirts had no names on them so she hadn't a clue who anyone was!

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2021, 12:51:39 PM »
Just checked on the match and it was 18th April 2009  .The referee was none other than one of the worst referee's to ever been seen in the Premier  Rob Styles He insisted that unless Villa wore their away strip he would call the match off  Just to upset Villa even more he refused in the last minute to give a penalty for a blatant handball by Tomkins   Anyone who can remember the idiot will agree he was the Kevin Friend of the day

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #217 on: January 10, 2021, 12:55:22 PM »

Wtaf? How could we NOT field a weakened team in the circumstances? Does anyone have a link?

I was wondering about this. Is the angle that we won't countenance postponing a league game but we are willing to do it for a cup game? Which is sort of true but has far more to do with the structure of the competitions than us.

He also mentions the Chorley-Derby 'cup upset' without realising that Derby also had to put together a makeshift U23 side made mostly of U18's like we had to. You would think that someone who makes a living out of writing about football would have the first clue about what was going on.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2021, 01:07:29 PM »

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #219 on: January 10, 2021, 01:54:59 PM »
Just checked on the match and it was 18th April 2009  .The referee was none other than one of the worst referee's to ever been seen in the Premier  Rob Styles He insisted that unless Villa wore their away strip he would call the match off  Just to upset Villa even more he refused in the last minute to give a penalty for a blatant handball by Tomkins   Anyone who can remember the idiot will agree he was the Kevin Friend of the day
Remember it well in our run at the end of that season where we didn't win for about 11 games after the Moscow / Stoke debacles.

Online The Edge

« Reply #220 on: January 10, 2021, 02:20:19 PM »

As the Sun is such a bastion of virtue, morality and top notch journalism I fully expect this journalist to be fired for such an ill informed lazy and spiteful comment.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 02:36:56 PM by The Edge »

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2021, 06:19:35 PM »
Back to Friday:

« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 06:21:24 PM by dave shelley »

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #222 on: January 10, 2021, 06:24:02 PM »
All of them: