collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: I hate Maths  (Read 25602 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Champions League Maths
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2020, 12:03:02 AM »
So tempting....

Normally you need 70 + points as we got 62 points in the infamous 08/09 season and were miles off Arsenal in the end.

Were closer the next season as think it would've gone to final weekend if we'd drawn with Man. City and we finished on 64 points that season losing our last two games.

Given quite a few teams have nearly played half the season now and they're not close to 30 points yet could be a low 60s season which would make it very exciting as you'd assume clubs in europe will continue to drop points. Man. City will have a mad backlog of games to fit in if the Chelsea game at weekend also gets cancelled.

Just playing once a week from middle of Feb should be a huge advantage.

Online Mellin

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2020, 12:41:13 AM »
Fucking hell. I mean, I've been thinking it, but for the love of God don't talk about it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2020, 01:13:53 AM »
Fucking hell. I mean, I've been thinking it, but for the love of God don't talk about it.

This.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2020, 01:28:09 AM »
No way man. Just enjoy it, every single second of it. We probably won’t come close in the end, but I expect us to be top 8 at minimum now. But while we are in or around those places, in a year where literally anything can happen why not hope for it and just enjoy a ride no one expected to be on. We have the best player in the league, the best keeper and a number of other very talented players. It’s great what we are doing right now.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2020, 02:38:38 AM »
It’s great to be able to set points targets higher than however many are needed to avoid relegation. We’re on course for 70 at the moment on a points per game basis, but I can’t see us maintaining this over a whole season. To get to 60 points would be an amazing achievement, the first time since MON, and not something we have done many times in the EPL era. To beat MON’s highest tally of 64 would be immensely cathartic. As TV has said, the main thing is to enjoy the ride. It’s nice to be relevant again.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2020, 07:52:24 AM »
I put after the Leicester game that we could have 30 points by the turn of the year. Someone on here said if we did, then we’d be in the title race. We have 26 having had a very winnable game postponed.

Are we in the title race?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2020, 08:09:21 AM »
Right now you would get about 10/1 from the bookies on us finishing top 4.
It's not impossible of course, but I won't be putting a tenner on it.

Online Dick Edwards

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2020, 08:20:34 AM »
The foundations have been set and I'm sure the owners will be well aware of the possibilities. Let's see what business we do in the transfer window.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2020, 09:12:20 AM »
The foundations have been set and I'm sure the owners will be well aware of the possibilities. Let's see what business we do in the transfer window.

Tammy and Ross B. Job done.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2020, 09:33:29 AM »
This thread is asking for a 10 game losing streak. I'm half expecting it anyway.

Don't mind anyone getting carried away,  mind, even Real Wolverhampticos fans. It's all part of the fun,  and I expect, like us, predictions of Champions League domination are done with memories of trips to Rotherham still fresh in the mind.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2020, 09:40:07 AM »
We have had a great start but we still have to play Spuds Manure Man Citeh and Everton of the other contenders so let's see how we look after that set.

We are definitely in a purple patch but we lost in 4 in 5 before the last 5 where we won 3 and drew 2

I would be more than happy with 60+ points and a 7th/9th place based on potential injuries suspensions and in return fixtures some teams will have worked us out.

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2020, 02:13:07 PM »
It's nice to have something to aim for.

I'm in.

In my opinion, if we win on Friday it's on. It would be 3 wins and one draw vs the Sky Six this season and two wins vs Leicester and Wolves who are also challengers for the European places.

Why can't we dream? Stranger things have happened!

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2020, 04:39:28 PM »
Nice to not be doing relegation maths for a change. Feel that the squad isn't large enough in terms of quality to sustain a challenge, but who knows.

I'm just happy to see us back in the Prem, not shitting the bin and claiming a few scalps tbh.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2020, 05:33:17 PM »
Nice to not be doing relegation maths for a change. Feel that the squad isn't large enough in terms of quality to sustain a challenge, but who knows.
I'm just happy to see us back in the Prem, not shitting the bin and claiming a few scalps tbh.
I'd prefer to do the maths after we hit 38 points!!

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2020, 06:09:03 PM »
Don't want to get too carried away and I know it doesn't quite work out like this, but if you look back over our results so far, we could have quite easily been top at this point.  A draw at West Ham and wins over Burnley and Newcastle (if it had gone ahead) would have seen us top with the extra goal difference we would have had.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal