collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: (Another) New Villa book - the first 150 years  (Read 1371 times)

Offline robbo1874

(Another) New Villa book - the first 150 years
« on: December 17, 2020, 08:27:25 AM »
Anyone seen it yet? Watched a Claret and Blue podcast with Kendrick; the publisher and one of the co-authors today. Thinking of investing. Just wondered if anyone’s already seen it. Evidently it comes in 2 volumes- first one is out now and Vol 2 will come out on the anniversary in 2024. Published in Landscape to maximise the photographic impact they say.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 08:59:15 AM by robbo1874 »

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: (Another) New Villa book - the first 150 years
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 09:38:11 AM »
Anyone seen it yet? Watched a Claret and Blue podcast with Kendrick; the publisher and one of the co-authors today. Thinking of investing. Just wondered if anyone’s already seen it. Evidently it comes in 2 volumes- first one is out now and Vol 2 will come out on the anniversary in 2024. Published in Landscape to maximise the photographic impact they say.

Looks great. Who was the co-author on the podcast? Was it notorious memorabilia collector and all-round good egg Jon ‘Fingers’ Farrelly?

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 01:13:34 AM »
Anyone else got got this book?

It is a two part book written by Jon Farrelly, Colin Abbot and of course John Russell.

I have received the first book, which covers the founding of Villa until 1949. It is very interesting and has some great historic reports in it.

Well worth getting.     

Online FatSam

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 01:43:55 AM »
It sounded interesting from the podcast interviews, but I haven’t ordered it because I wanted to actually see what a copy looked like as a physical object.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 12:20:44 PM »
Anyone else got got this book?

It is a two part book written by Jon Farrelly, Colin Abbot and of course John Russell.

I have received the first book, which covers the founding of Villa until 1949. It is very interesting and has some great historic reports in it.

Well worth getting.   

Yeah I’ve got a copy and I’m half way through. Wasn’t sure if I’d enjoy reading the early years, but I find it fascinating and really enlightening. I love the rivalry that was around then between the usual suspects (West Brom and Wolves) but also with Preston. Amazing how much Scotland was involved in the early days.

Well worth the money and looking forward to the second volume.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal