collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 173635 times)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #1155 on: January 29, 2021, 12:38:01 PM »
It's a bit harsh to think that Watkins can't kick on and go and start scoring more goals in future years when this is his first year in the Premier League.

I was one who thought Jack's best position would be as a 10 but seeing him play there when Barkley was out injured, I've gone away from that. I think he looked good there Wednesday but that was after having had a great first half starting on the left. I would keep him on the left and have Barkley or another proven 10 playing alongside him.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1156 on: January 29, 2021, 12:53:48 PM »
Is Josh King out of contract in the summer?? presuming he isn’t gonna sign a new deal at Bournemouth you wouldn’t be surprised if he is loaned out on deadline day for as much of a loan fee as Bournemouth can get....guess it depends if he is just sitting out his deal for a big contract elsewhere or whether he wants to play game

Would be ideal if they wanted to take & actually play Keinan for rest of season.

Been the obvious option for a while now.  Similar sort of style to Watkins and probably wouldn't be too put off by starting on the bench.  Gambling on one striker staying fit for the second season in a row seems unnecessary.

I read he was asking for £100k a week.  That’s a lot of money sat on the bench.

Well yes and think he will have a long wait if that is the case.    Can't imagine he would be on anywhere near that at Bournemouth though? 

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #1157 on: January 29, 2021, 01:51:33 PM »
Smith is happy with the progress of the squad and the season, he feels disappointed by a couple of defeats and the ref in 4 of those games.  However we've added quality and are heading in the right direction. Paraphasing his statement via the PA.
 On the whole I agree.  Window over, move along folks, nothing more to see here!

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1158 on: January 29, 2021, 01:57:08 PM »
I'm one of the seemingly few people who like Davis and think he has a future here but he didn't do himself any favours at Burnley. I know it was only a few minutes but I would have expected his concentration levels to be right and they weren't.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1159 on: January 29, 2021, 02:00:17 PM »
Any promising 21/22 year old strikers in the championship we should be looking at?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1160 on: January 29, 2021, 02:07:17 PM »
I agree with you Peter.  Davis is a hard working journeyman player we paid half a million quid for.  He owes us nothing.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1161 on: January 29, 2021, 02:09:47 PM »
I'm one of the seemingly few people who like Davis and think he has a future here but he didn't do himself any favours at Burnley. I know it was only a few minutes but I would have expected his concentration levels to be right and they weren't.

I am too, but I'm a bit concerned that he has looked sluggish as that was something that wasn't the case previously, he always seemed bright when coming on, usually in stark contrast to the player he'd replaced.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1162 on: January 29, 2021, 02:11:35 PM »
I agree with you Peter.  Davis is a hard working journeyman player we paid half a million quid for.  He owes us nothing.

I thought it was one zero less than that Brian, which only further underlines your point.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1163 on: January 29, 2021, 02:17:30 PM »
It is the sum we could have/should have bought Watkins for from Exeter City.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #1164 on: January 29, 2021, 02:22:39 PM »
As has been alluded to earlier, Smith seems to be happy with the squad as is, which many are talking to mean that Wesley is close to full fitness. What with him having been out for over a year and not exactly the answer to a prayer before that, I don't take the comfort in that news that others seem to be taking.

Online Duncan Shaw

« Reply #1165 on: January 29, 2021, 04:11:57 PM »
Any promising 21/22 year old strikers in the championship we should be looking at?
Well we could/should have cut out the middleman and bought Ivan Toney from Peterborough and the LOANED him to Brentford!

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1166 on: January 29, 2021, 04:35:17 PM »
I cannot believe we are going to risk the 2nd half of the season with just one decent striker again.  It’s madness.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1167 on: January 29, 2021, 05:09:03 PM »
I’m not sure Davis fits in the “journeyman” bracket now - although he may be that by the end of his career. I do think it is a flaw to have him as our second choice striker, he definitely isn’t good enough now and may never be. I could accept a  journeyman as a short term solution for the next 6 months.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1168 on: January 29, 2021, 05:23:07 PM »
Harry Kane could be described as a journeyman, I wouldn't mind having the option of him up front.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #1169 on: January 29, 2021, 05:41:50 PM »
STOKE & WATFORD JOIN CHAMPIONSHIP RIVALS IN RACE FOR MIDFIELDER

Watford, Reading, Bristol City and Stoke City are all looking to sign Henri Lansbury from Aston Villa before the transfer window shuts.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal