collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Demitri_C
[Today at 12:51:31 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 12:46:44 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

Gordon Cowans by devilla
[Today at 12:43:32 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:42:22 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Demitri_C
[Today at 12:51:31 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 12:48:46 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 12:46:44 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by devilla
[Today at 12:43:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:42:22 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:40:33 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 12:38:12 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 172476 times)

Offline Londonvilla

Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #1140 on: January 29, 2021, 01:04:30 AM »
Aston Villa midfielder set for exit as Bristol City circle

Bristol City are attempting to sign Aston Villa midfielder Henri Lansbury before the transfer window closes next Monday.

The former Nottingham Forest midfielder was left out of the club's Premier League squad and is now tipped to return to the Championship as he looks to reignite his career

Nooooooooooo Henri must stay let start a campaign to keep him. Words that have been said by nobody

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #1141 on: January 29, 2021, 03:03:51 AM »
Got that feeling of a quiet window for us. The Sanson signing looks quality. I reckon they’ll probably gamble that Watkins will mostly stay fit and Wes to come back for the run in as cover. If there’s no good value strikers available, I’ll accept that, but we’ll probably need to upgrade a few positions in the summer window.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1142 on: January 29, 2021, 05:48:32 AM »
Got that feeling of a quiet window for us. The Sanson signing looks quality. I reckon they’ll probably gamble that Watkins will mostly stay fit and Wes to come back for the run in as cover. If there’s no good value strikers available, I’ll accept that, but we’ll probably need to upgrade a few positions in the summer window.

Tammy might become available then.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #1143 on: January 29, 2021, 07:28:33 AM »
I don't get this obsession with trying to sign Tammy - did well for us in the Championship - surely we are now looking at other forwards

With the way that Dean sets up his team can't see us spending £50 million + £100k a week in salary on a centre forward to sit on the bench

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1144 on: January 29, 2021, 07:49:44 AM »
I don't get this obsession with trying to sign Tammy - did well for us in the Championship - surely we are now looking at other forwards

With the way that Dean sets up his team can't see us spending £50 million + £100k a week in salary on a centre forward to sit on the bench

It's probbaly because he's proved he can score goals in the Premier League as well as the Championship.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #1145 on: January 29, 2021, 08:07:20 AM »
But would Tammy sign to sit on our bench - he can stop at Chelsea and sit on theirs?

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1146 on: January 29, 2021, 08:45:17 AM »
But would Tammy sign to sit on our bench - he can stop at Chelsea and sit on theirs?

Depends-if in the next 3/4 months he doesn’t get much game time he will have to do the Chelsea thing of gambling how long Tuchel gets...if he plays a part in most games he will stay out.

We have to get out of this mindset of striker for the bench....if we bring one in it is to heap pressure on Ollie and the wide players as don’t forget Ollie can play wide also

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1147 on: January 29, 2021, 11:32:31 AM »
Thing is Tammy can play in any of the positions across the front 3 and could start the press, like how Watkins does while also having proven that he's got goals in him. There may be others who can do this but he's got an affinity with us and our club and he would be a natural fit if Chelsea were prepared to sell him while pursuing the next big thing (already linked with Haaland).

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #1148 on: January 29, 2021, 11:50:26 AM »
I must say that the noises around Davis not going out on loan don't fill me with any kind of confidence that there's much of a desire to find a backup striker. Davis seems, in some ways, to be a footballer's footballer. Fans can't see the point but players and managers love him. But I think Watkins exposes that theory - he may not be on for the Golden Boot but his work rate and intelligence is vital to our way of playing. Davis is just a bloke who comes on when somebody's knackered.

Point is, if we can't do better than Davis as a forward option by 11pm Monday, I think it'll be a huge opportunity to kick on missed.

Online j66acd

« Reply #1149 on: January 29, 2021, 12:02:25 PM »
A bit like the window we should have signed Bent but signed Heskey. The only problem this window is there doesn’t seem to be an obvious target or player we could get.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #1150 on: January 29, 2021, 12:08:57 PM »
Watkins is a better player than Tammy full stop.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1151 on: January 29, 2021, 12:14:01 PM »

Since leaving us Tammy scored about 30 odd goals in premier league, the odd goal for England and 3-4 in CL against likes of Bayern Munich. Albeit v Luton but scored a nice hat trick the other day

I've enjoyed watching Ollie so far this season and he's scored some lovely goals but I'm not sure he'll ever develop into the ruthless finisher we want to fire us eventually int top 6.

Probably the other night a good example, scored a typical box striker goal in anticipating the cross. The best then go on to score at least another in that type of game but the chance he was through on goal he couldn't get the right sort of touch when running and so Pope came out to smother it.

If we signed a Tammy type there's then good potential to shift Ollie a little wider so he then becomes a Son, Mane or Rashford type e.g. can do a job no problem centrally but also very effective out wide with more space to run into.

Half this forum probably still want Jack to play in number 10 position but his productivity has probably been even better since we permanently moved him to the left so sometimes you have to think outside the box a little with players.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1152 on: January 29, 2021, 12:16:21 PM »
I must say that the noises around Davis not going out on loan don't fill me with any kind of confidence that there's much of a desire to find a backup striker. Davis seems, in some ways, to be a footballer's footballer. Fans can't see the point but players and managers love him. But I think Watkins exposes that theory - he may not be on for the Golden Boot but his work rate and intelligence is vital to our way of playing. Davis is just a bloke who comes on when somebody's knackered.

Point is, if we can't do better than Davis as a forward option by 11pm Monday, I think it'll be a huge opportunity to kick on missed.

Also based on his current rate of scoring it’d take Davis about 15 years to get the number of goals Ollie has scored this year.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1153 on: January 29, 2021, 12:18:26 PM »

Have to question Davis mentality a bit aswell. I thought given he'd done the non league route he'd be like a Vardy or Kane knocking on DS door every transfer window and demanding to go out on loan  to start games every week which ain't happening anytime soon here.

It would do his career some good but seems it's a bit too comfortable here, getting contract extensions every other year when he strings 5 games together. Perhaps he thinks this is as good as his career will get (backup at top 10 club) so perhaps you don't blame him for hanging on a bit longer.

Going a decade back and the Fonz was never loaned out and looked a bit out of his depth when we started giving him starts in 10-11 period while someone like Weimann did get loans to Watford and he at least hit the ground running when he broke into the team at end of 11-12 and quickly surpassed Fonz.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1154 on: January 29, 2021, 12:32:03 PM »

Have to question Davis mentality a bit aswell. I thought given he'd done the non league route he'd be like a Vardy or Kane knocking on DS door every transfer window and demanding to go out on loan  to start games every week which ain't happening anytime soon here.

It would do his career some good but seems it's a bit too comfortable here, getting contract extensions every other year when he strings 5 games together. Perhaps he thinks this is as good as his career will get (backup at top 10 club) so perhaps you don't blame him for hanging on a bit longer.

Going a decade back and the Fonz was never loaned out and looked a bit out of his depth when we started giving him starts in 10-11 period while someone like Weimann did get loans to Watford and he at least hit the ground running when he broke into the team at end of 11-12 and quickly surpassed Fonz.
As has been said, on Wednesday he looked unfit and sluggish.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal