collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 172310 times)

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #810 on: January 15, 2021, 08:17:52 AM »
I've put the relevant part on the Youth and Reserves thread.

Oh right, would have paid me to look there first I suppose! Thanks

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #811 on: January 15, 2021, 09:09:12 AM »
There’s an article on The Athletic saying that Blose are having a shake up of their youth system and releasing most of their top talent. Apparently Villa are naturally taking note. I can copy and paste the article if anyone is interested?   
   is that the first time that Blose and 'top talent' have been used in the same sentence.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #812 on: January 15, 2021, 09:20:43 AM »
There’s an article on The Athletic saying that Blose are having a shake up of their youth system and releasing most of their top talent. Apparently Villa are naturally taking note. I can copy and paste the article if anyone is interested?   
   is that the first time that Blose and 'top talent' have been used in the same sentence.
My boss (a top doctor) in work once told me "In the real world, everything is relative".  Always taken that as being sage philosophical advice - good/bad, healthy/ill, rich/poor, ...

It's their top talent.  All relative.  Their definition of a "good" stand is one that's not been condemned, after all.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 09:22:22 AM by algy »

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #813 on: January 15, 2021, 09:22:19 AM »
Blues have a long and admirable history of bringing through talent, before he wanted to leave for Dortmund after about 6 games.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #814 on: January 15, 2021, 09:31:07 AM »
#RetireTheShirt

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #815 on: January 15, 2021, 09:51:23 AM »
Blues have a long and admirable history of bringing through talent, before he wanted to leave for Dortmund after about 6 games.

That’s a little unfair, he’s in a long line stretching back to Trevor Francis in the 70s. Admittedly there was nothing in between but if they’re still in existence in another 50 years there might be another.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #816 on: January 15, 2021, 10:11:44 AM »
Conor was a great fit for the perfect time - he is not a Premiership player i am afraid. He has good technique and a great shot as we know but in this division and where we want to go you need to be more than a one / two trick pony.

The midfield especially you have to be so mobile and physically fit and strong that if you are not the game passes you by

This has been evident each time Conor has played

I wish him well

Freddie - i liked but Cash is clearly the better player and has the shirt - i think it is only fair that he gets a chance elsewhere

I think next season when it is assumed Elmo leaves that one of the youth players can make the step up as Cash's understudy

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #817 on: January 15, 2021, 10:13:01 AM »

That’s a little unfair, he’s in a long line stretching back to Trevor Francis in the 70s. Admittedly there was nothing in between but if they’re still in existence in another 50 years there might be another.

Has everyone forgotten Darren Carter already?

For shame.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #818 on: January 15, 2021, 10:39:39 AM »
Wasn't he a little brother of a Backstreet Boy ?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #819 on: January 15, 2021, 11:31:52 AM »
Rivalry aside, if Birmingham do have one or more promising kids coming through then we should be all over it like we should be with any promising local talent. I've read that article in the Athletic and apparently Liverpool have already snapped up one promising kid.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #820 on: January 15, 2021, 12:12:55 PM »

Have to chuckle given their financial issues the ones they've produced in last decade will hardly bring in anything for thme now given Butland is stuck on Palace subs bench and seems Demiairi Gray is leaving Leicester on a free.

I bet they were gambling a few years back that at least one would be sold for 15m + and they'd get a nice sell on fee especially as Butland was being linked to us for that sort of fee two summers back.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #821 on: January 15, 2021, 12:29:02 PM »
Rivalry aside, if Birmingham do have one or more promising kids coming through then we should be all over it like we should be with any promising local talent. I've read that article in the Athletic and apparently Liverpool have already snapped up one promising kid.

I've heard that the lad who's gone to Liverpool is pretty special but that there's 2 others that are a little younger but just as well rated and we're looking at them closely.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #822 on: January 15, 2021, 05:33:42 PM »
WEYMOUTH have signed Aston Villa centre-back Dominic Revan on loan – one week after he made his senior debut against Liverpool.

https://uptheterras.co.uk/2021/01/15/revan-joins-from-aston-villa/

Hopefully, he will be in the first-team squad next season

But does this mean Björn Engels stays as our number 4 centre back?

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #823 on: January 15, 2021, 06:02:24 PM »
Swansea City are targeting loan moves for Aston Villa's Conor Hourihane and Seattle Sounders frontman Jordan Morris.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-transfer-headlines-stance-19632302

Nooooooooooo.........still think he has a part to play this season

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #824 on: January 16, 2021, 06:00:56 PM »
Julien Maynard saying Villa are after Morgan Sanson of OM.  Looks a strong rumour.  Fabrizio Romano confirms Villa's interest, too, on Twitter.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 06:03:41 PM by Billy Walker »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal