collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 172312 times)

Offline robbo1874

Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #615 on: January 04, 2021, 04:18:50 AM »
I still think Davis is alright. Yes you’d rather the chance at the end of the Man U game fell to Watkins, but I think he has a bit of quality about him. Can’t argue with the scoring record -
It’s shite. But we need to persevere with him I reckon

Offline Luke8

« Reply #616 on: January 04, 2021, 08:07:06 AM »
I would rather of kept Samatta than Davis. He was much more likely to score goals. January 2017 Davis debuted and has never scored a premiership goal. Thats shocking .......

I mean, he didn’t played a premier league game until two and a half years after his debut. And must have played the equivalent of about six whole games in total I would guess, mostly as a sub. We all know his finishing needs to improve but it seems a bit harsh to judge him on not scoring a Premier League goal.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #617 on: January 04, 2021, 01:14:37 PM »
I would rather of kept Samatta than Davis. He was much more likely to score goals. January 2017 Davis debuted and has never scored a premiership goal. Thats shocking .......

I mean, he didn’t played a premier league game until two and a half years after his debut. And must have played the equivalent of about six whole games in total I would guess, mostly as a sub. We all know his finishing needs to improve but it seems a bit harsh to judge him on not scoring a Premier League goal.

Take out the words "Premier League" then and the same more or less still applies. He isn't going to get anywhere if he doesn't play regularly, so either sell him or loan him out somewhere.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #618 on: January 04, 2021, 01:32:17 PM »
Maybe Ross Barkley will go back to Chelsea
And Tammy Abraham comes in on loan instead

Suits both parties i would say.

Given Chelsea's two main problems are mis-firing strikers and trying to work out how they fit their half dozen attacking midfielders into their team, how does it help them?

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #619 on: January 04, 2021, 01:47:59 PM »
Think with Chelsea it's team selection. Gironde and Tammy have scored and done well when they are played. Y-day Fwank didn't start with neither.
I would prefer Barkley (if he can stay fit) and go for another striker

Online Dave

« Reply #620 on: January 04, 2021, 02:19:24 PM »
Certainly Barkley would be in Chelsea team in midfield and  should be on recent showing as Abraham would be striker for Villa in recent showing.

If Abraham were outperforming Watkins to the extent that he's keeping Watkins out of the Villa side and starting for Villa, he'd be starting for Chelsea anyway.

And if Chelsea are playing with one central attacking midfielder, I don't really see them writing  off Ziyech, Havertz AND Mount (or shunting one of the first two out wide) just to squeeze Barkley back in.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #621 on: January 04, 2021, 02:25:51 PM »
Think Tammy will be available for transfer in the summer so always suspected we're playing the long game there.

Think striker on loan for six months makes sense this window.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #622 on: January 04, 2021, 02:31:32 PM »
Certainly Barkley would be in Chelsea team in midfield and  should be on recent showing as Abraham would be striker for Villa in recent showing.

If Abraham were outperforming Watkins to the extent that he's keeping Watkins out of the Villa side and starting for Villa, he'd be starting for Chelsea anyway.

And if Chelsea are playing with one central attacking midfielder, I don't really see them writing  off Ziyech, Havertz AND Mount (or shunting one of the first two out wide) just to squeeze Barkley back in.

Ziyech is the best player in that group by a very wide margin so anyone playing attacking midfield for Chelsea is behind him once he can get properly fit.

Online Dave

« Reply #623 on: January 04, 2021, 02:59:33 PM »

Ziyech is the best player in that group by a very wide margin so anyone playing attacking midfield for Chelsea is behind him once he can get properly fit.

Certainly on what he's shown so far. And also while Havertz has looked a bit lost, they are not going to write off a 21 year old who cost them £70m after half a season just to put Barkley back in.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #624 on: January 04, 2021, 03:15:07 PM »

Certainly on what he's shown so far. And also while Havertz has looked a bit lost, they are not going to write off a 21 year old who cost them £70m after half a season just to put Barkley back in.

Agreed, I doubt Barkley will play for them again and think everyone knows that

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #625 on: January 04, 2021, 08:30:32 PM »
Havertz has been suffering with long covid and struggled to get back to full fitness.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #626 on: January 04, 2021, 08:33:32 PM »
Havertz has been suffering with long covid and struggled to get back to full fitness.

Yup good luck to him.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #627 on: January 05, 2021, 12:01:48 PM »
Kienan Davis to Stoke link looks strong as they've lost Tyrese Campbell with season ending injury and Fletcher is also regularly injured.

Surely we'd get in a new striker in that case as our bench options would be even less if Traore is also starting.

Potentially 7 more games before Jan 31st aswell so not sure we can wait until last minute. Samatta came in around the 25th last January IIRC.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #628 on: January 05, 2021, 12:35:39 PM »
I think that would be an excellent move for Kienan, but surely it would be absolutely madness for us to let him go before we've signed another striker?  I presume the decision has probably already been made that Traore is our back up to Watkins, but I don't see why we would reduce are already limited options right now.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #629 on: January 05, 2021, 12:40:09 PM »
Kienan Davis to Stoke link looks strong as they've lost Tyrese Campbell with season ending injury and Fletcher is also regularly injured....
They've got to do this. He needs to be given the chance to prove himself with a run of games. Excellent opportunity for him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal