collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 173484 times)

Online tomd2103

Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #600 on: January 02, 2021, 05:53:21 PM »
I really like the idea of Costa coming in on a short term contract. Still like the thought of Eduard or Abraham coming in too, on a longer term contract. Not sure any other additions required.

I just don't think we will make many if any signings in this window, though agree that bringing in a big name striker like Costa or Mandzukic to the end of the season would create a bit of a buzz. 

Think we will see a busier summer though, as a number of players are out of contract and the squad will need strengthening. 

Offline nigel

« Reply #601 on: January 02, 2021, 08:12:52 PM »
Engels going back to Belgium according to transfer gossip on the BBC app

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #602 on: January 02, 2021, 08:56:01 PM »
He only had a few minutes yesterday but looked good in that time. I would love to have seen where his injury time shot was going before it was blocked by Bailly. A fair few of the current squad have been written off and come good so it wouldn't be a total shock if he came good.

Getting Wesley, Barkley and Trezeguet back would be like having new signings. It would be really interesting if we could add them to what we currently have.

it is a fine line; add players and Trez/El Ghazi/Davis become largely redundant and they lose interest/value.  Ironically it might be a good opportunity to sell one of el ghazi/Trez as their value is likely to be near its ceiling.   Then add real quality to replace them. 

Getting the sequence right would be crucial and something I’d like to think they could get right.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #603 on: January 02, 2021, 09:05:21 PM »
There’s writing off and writing off. I agree writing Wesley off is far too soon, but Davis has what 2 league goals in his career for us? He shouldn’t be in a Premier League squad. He should get a shot at a loan in the Championship and hopefully it kick starts his career and you never know. But he just doesn’t really look to have what he needs.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #604 on: January 03, 2021, 09:42:58 AM »
I'm still waiting to see Olly & Wesley playing together.

IF (and a big if), Wesley regains the form he had just before his injury, it would be a grand combination.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #605 on: January 03, 2021, 10:48:04 AM »

IF (and a big if), Wesley regains the form he had just before his injury, it would be a grand combination.

One goal in 13 games?

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #606 on: January 03, 2021, 11:07:30 AM »

One goal in 13 games?

The preceding 44 minutes.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #607 on: January 03, 2021, 11:28:06 AM »
44 minutes isn't really 'form' though is it?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #608 on: January 03, 2021, 11:49:34 AM »
I want Tammy back.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #609 on: January 03, 2021, 11:51:44 AM »
44 minutes isn't really 'form' though is it?
Jack Wilshere nearly made a career playing that much football.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #610 on: January 03, 2021, 12:11:32 PM »
I want Tammy back.

He would be the ideal striker to add to the squad if we could take our pick. He can play wide, start the press in the way that Watkins does and has an affinity with the club and many of the players. It's just hoping that Chelsea get bored and want a new toy to play with.

Offline nigel

« Reply #611 on: January 03, 2021, 12:28:03 PM »
There’s writing off and writing off. I agree writing Wesley off is far too soon, but Davis has what 2 league goals in his career for us? He shouldn’t be in a Premier League squad. He should get a shot at a loan in the Championship and hopefully it kick starts his career and you never know. But he just doesn’t really look to have what he needs.

The thing is, for me anyway, he does seem to have what it takes, he just can’t seem to score.
Which, for a striker, is a huge thing.
I do think he would benefit a season at a top half championship club, or even a top 6 league one club.
Somewhere where there is an air of confidence about the place

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #612 on: January 03, 2021, 01:17:26 PM »

The thing is, for me anyway, he does seem to have what it takes, he just can’t seem to score.
Which, for a striker, is a huge thing.
I do think he would benefit a season at a top half championship club, or even a top 6 league one club.
Somewhere where there is an air of confidence about the place

See I think one of his major flaws, which impacts his goal scoring, is he just doesn’t have the instincts/movement of a striker. He ends up in very strange positions and always appears to be on his heels.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #613 on: January 03, 2021, 01:31:36 PM »
Interesting that DS wanted to loan out Samatta instead of Davis.

Samatta was rubbish aswell in his post lockdown games but in his early ones I thought he showed a bit of potential and might've been another who could've contributed a bit as back up this season in a more confident team.

Davis certainly needed a loan but he was always going to be kept once we didn't sign two strikers in the summer. Not really sure what our long term plan is really, probably don't have one with him.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #614 on: January 04, 2021, 03:50:49 AM »
I would rather of kept Samatta than Davis. He was much more likely to score goals. January 2017 Davis debuted and has never scored a premiership goal. Thats shocking .......

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal