collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by cdward
[Today at 03:31:31 PM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 03:30:50 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 03:18:52 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:16:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 172338 times)

Offline exigo

Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #435 on: December 28, 2020, 10:58:32 AM »
Much as I hope Dougie stays, it's a rare feeling to think that if he doesn't, the recruitment team will probably know who to replace him with already.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #436 on: December 28, 2020, 11:13:12 AM »
I have to say I like the look of Gallagher on loan at the bogeyes, could see him fitting in, and from what I’ve seen of him the lad up front, Grant looks a decent player.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #437 on: December 28, 2020, 11:22:14 AM »
Grant ? Shudders at the memory of Holt on-loan. Doubt Schapps would be much better.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #438 on: December 28, 2020, 01:33:59 PM »
I have to say I like the look of Gallagher on loan at the bogeyes, could see him fitting in, and from what I’ve seen of him the lad up front, Grant looks a decent player.
Grant looks very Championship.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #439 on: December 28, 2020, 01:36:58 PM »
What about Phil Foden?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #440 on: December 28, 2020, 01:51:46 PM »
What about Phil Foden?

I would sign him up on a permanent in a flash. Forget any loan deal though.

Offline nigel

« Reply #441 on: December 28, 2020, 02:49:28 PM »
What about Phil Foden?

Apparently he’s frustrated at lack of game time according to a Manchester paper.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #442 on: December 28, 2020, 03:29:10 PM »
Yeah that's why I mentioned him. This year was supposed to be the time where he became undroppable first 11 player yet he's hardly started a league game in two months so can see why he's becoming frustrated at things.

It reminds me of Real Madrid with Martin Odegaard who joined Real Sociedad on years loan and helped them finish 6th and make the cup final.

Or we could sell him vision of playing with Grealish next 5 years for club and country and he'd come permanently and we'd then sell him back to Man. City for 150m in 2026....

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #443 on: December 28, 2020, 04:06:23 PM »
Yeah that's why I mentioned him. This year was supposed to be the time where he became undroppable first 11 player yet he's hardly started a league game in two months so can see why he's becoming frustrated at things.

It reminds me of Real Madrid with Martin Odegaard who joined Real Sociedad on years loan and helped them finish 6th and make the cup final.

Or we could sell him vision of playing with Grealish next 5 years for club and country and he'd come permanently and we'd then sell him back to Man. City for 150m in 2026....
Yeah, I'd be going down the lines of pointing at the league table, pointing at a big pile of gold bars that NSWE own, showing a 5min Jack highlight reel, then asking him what he thinks about plying his trade in B6.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #444 on: December 28, 2020, 04:09:35 PM »
Grant looks very Championship.

I'd written him off as such, but he's in a shit team, and when I have seen him he's very quick, has a decent touch and looks bright and strong. Not saying he's good enough for us right now but I'd keep an eye on him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #445 on: December 28, 2020, 04:10:44 PM »
Foden, Barkley and Grealish in the same team would make for some interesting erm "team bonding" sessions.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #446 on: December 28, 2020, 04:26:00 PM »
Yeah but imagine those three playing for us week in, week out.

Offline IFWaters

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #447 on: December 28, 2020, 06:27:22 PM »
when you see that finish from Giroud thats the difference we are missing to finish all the good build up play. All credit to Watkins but Keinan off the bench isnt good enough for where we want to be, nor Wesley. We just need an experienced striker in my book to be able to bring in and complement the younger players especially in games like this.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #448 on: December 28, 2020, 08:16:03 PM »
So, a replacement for Engels, preferably a youngster that'd be willing to be the long term answer but could fill in when necessary/playing The Boggies etc. 

A younger version of Elmo (although one that would be, given time could develop into the next Cafu).

A replacement for Taylor.

Maybe an attacking midfielder. 

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #449 on: December 28, 2020, 08:44:06 PM »
So, a replacement for Engels, preferably a youngster that'd be willing to be the long term answer but could fill in when necessary/playing The Boggies etc. 

A younger version of Elmo (although one that would be, given time could develop into the next Cafu).

A replacement for Taylor.

Maybe an attacking midfielder. 

Out of that list I reckon the Taylor replacement is most likely. I think he is out of  contract at the end of the season, so we must be already a long way down the road of looking  at a replacement. Targett has been hugely better this season, but a young talented player that can challenge him or fill in if he  gets injured  would be great.

We have a younger Elmo replacement already - Guilbert is a bloody good player.

For me the priority is still someone to compete with Ollie, as if he gets injured we have no similar player up front. Neither Wesley nor Keinan can fill that role without us changing the way we play to suit their (inferior) skill set.

What really excites me with our current recruitment set up is that they seem completely unafraid to go and recruit good players
 in positions we are already  blessed in. Cash came in when we had two decent right backs, Martinez  came in when we  had a great (albeit injured) GK in Heaton and  umpteen backups.  So I would not be surprised  to see us go and get a world class player somewhere unexpected should the chance occur.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal