collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 172346 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #405 on: December 25, 2020, 11:03:57 PM »
I can't see Dele Alli going to anyone outside regular CL teams, whether here or abroad.

Good opportunity for him to get ahead of the game with us early on then.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #406 on: December 26, 2020, 12:46:14 AM »
I can't see Dele Alli going to anyone outside regular CL teams, whether here or abroad.

Good opportunity for him to get ahead of the game with us early on then.

I'd like to think so Risso but can't see it.  Yet.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #407 on: December 26, 2020, 05:55:58 PM »
Keep playing like this between now and the end of the season and players will be lining up to sign for us.

Online nigel

« Reply #408 on: December 26, 2020, 06:04:01 PM »
Keep playing like this between now and the end of the season and players will be lining up to sign for us.

Agree.
I think Rashica saw where we finished last season and decided against the move.
It’s no surprise that all of a sudden (according to some) he seems interested now.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #409 on: December 27, 2020, 01:14:31 AM »

Agree.
I think Rashica saw where we finished last season and decided against the move.
It’s no surprise that all of a sudden (according to some) he seems interested now.

I don't fault him for that, he'd just come out of a season similar to ours and didn't fancy moving just to be in a battle again. That's why it's so important for us to finish top half this year and show we're moving in the right direction.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #410 on: December 27, 2020, 01:17:56 AM »
We need to be consistently challenging for European competition places to attract the types of player that will vault us to the next level. There’s absolutely no reason to feel aggrieved that certain players won’t or didn’t join us. We have to earn that right to get better players and we are well on the way to doing that. And having one of Europe’s best as captain certainly helps.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #411 on: December 27, 2020, 10:14:52 AM »
I would certainly like to think that we're shopping in a different store to the one that has Christian Benteke in it these days.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #412 on: December 27, 2020, 10:15:59 AM »
I would certainly like to think that we're shopping in a different store to the one that has Christian Benteke in it these days.

I can’t. Especially at Christmas!

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #413 on: December 27, 2020, 10:45:50 AM »
Get in someone like Will Hughes to cover for the risk that Dougie may be leaving at the end of the season.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #414 on: December 27, 2020, 11:02:58 AM »
Get in someone like Will Hughes to cover for the risk that Dougie may be leaving at the end of the season.

I wouldn’t sign Will Hughes to chauffeur Dougie, let alone replace him in the team FFS.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #415 on: December 27, 2020, 11:04:17 AM »

I was under the impression he was a different type, more box to box than a sitter and several rungs below Dougie’s level.
I’ve been thinking about Luiz’ replacement and Sander Berge was highly rated when Sheff U picked him up but again is he like for like?

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #416 on: December 27, 2020, 11:20:11 AM »
Further to both the Villa 3-0 Palace and Watkins performance. And as well the Villa 2-0 Palace both matches featuring  Benteke performances and what he pitifully offered across those two games should see him never evere mentioned or enter our thought ever again in any transfer window.
Good luck to him but he's certainly no addition to the Villa squad and pleased with have Watkins when 10 men and not Benteke leading the line.
What Benteke has consistently done is be offside but his name should never be considered again,  he was great back in the day but now we all move on from him

It’s unfathomable how good he was in that one season for us and how bad he has been in the last 5 seasons. Injuries, attitude or something else?

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #417 on: December 27, 2020, 11:20:57 AM »

I wouldn’t sign Will Hughes to chauffeur Dougie, let alone replace him in the team FFS.

Agreed. Hughes isn’t the answer. Any signings must improve the squad. Hughes doesn’t

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #418 on: December 27, 2020, 12:05:12 PM »
This is what I'd like us to do over the January and summer transfer windows:

Sign Barkley permanently - providing he maintains form and proves he is fully fit.
Deli Alli on a loan with a buy option
Defensive midfield cover for Douglas/McGinniesta
Left back to push Targett
Goal scoring forward

Suspect that Dele Alli will be one of the names at the top of Pochettino's shopping list if he takes over at PSG and wecall know that they spend silly money to sign thei targets

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #419 on: December 27, 2020, 03:05:32 PM »
We absolutely need another forward that plays in a similar fashion to Ollie but also provides genuine competition for him. The drop off in ability of the current back ups is huge and if we lost Ollie for any length of time we would be in trouble. Wes isn’t back yet for a bit and just doesn’t provide what Ollie does in terms of running and pressing. And the less said about Davis the better.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal