collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 173593 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2020, 12:19:46 PM »
We'll likely only be playing one game a week and numerically we already have a squad of 25 so players would have to be moved on first so I'm not sure how essential it is to be bringing players in. Quality is still what counts and over time, we should start to see 16 quality players with youth filling in the rest of the squad.
Davis ought to go out on loan, making space for another striker in the squad. Obviously, he needs to get fit first!!

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2020, 02:30:12 PM »
We'll likely only be playing one game a week and numerically we already have a squad of 25 so players would have to be moved on first so I'm not sure how essential it is to be bringing players in. Quality is still what counts and over time, we should start to see 16 quality players with youth filling in the rest of the squad.
Davis ought to go out on loan, making space for another striker in the squad. Obviously, he needs to get fit first!!
Yes, there must be a Champioship club with a spare treatment table.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #167 on: December 14, 2020, 02:39:29 PM »
Yes, there must be a Champioship club with a spare treatment table.
Hence my second sentence. And, if we can't get him fit, get him out of the 25 for the second half of the season.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2020, 02:53:06 PM »
It's unlikely we will do a huge amount of business in this window, but there is an argument to say this is the time to take a couple of calculated risks.  Unlike in the last couple of seasons we are not in a position of having to get players in out of desperation, but what we do have is a potential opportunity to really kick our development on - have a strong run of results over the next 5-6 games and there is a realistic possibility of challenging for Europe.  Anyone we do sign then needs to be a realistic improvement on what we have in the squad currently.

By order of priority we should be looking at more competition up front (and I would still be inclined to have a go at getting Edouard from Celtic), better cover at centre-back and then maybe someone who can do a job across midfield as cover.  Other than the centre-forward, however, I have no idea who the other players might be.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2020, 03:11:01 PM »
Our status has no doubt increased. Players will know that we have another season at least in the Premier League ahead of us, which they may not have thought in the last window.

Given our backing, given how well we've recruited and how players are performing, I'd like to think we'll be viewed as a great place to come now. Someone like Rashica will have seen Grealish and Barkley, Luiz and McGinn, along with Watkins doing well and fancy being a part of it. That and playing in front of capacity crowds every week.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2020, 03:15:13 PM »
Our owners are worth a combined 10billion

so instead of listening to where Jack Grealish might be off to all the time why don’t we put the cat amonst the pigeons if ffp is relaxed
unlikely it they would ever come off but would make headlines and if it did happen we’d be taken seriously for champs league football

100mill for Son
80 mill for Greenwood

FTF

« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 03:16:54 PM by john e »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #171 on: December 14, 2020, 03:23:35 PM »
I think ideally we need another defender and another striker. But I also think we have the luxury of not being desperate. We have a number of players who can chip in with a few goals.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #172 on: December 14, 2020, 03:44:40 PM »
Our owners are worth a combined 10billion

so instead of listening to where Jack Grealish might be off to all the time why don’t we put the cat amonst the pigeons if ffp is relaxed
unlikely it they would ever come off but would make headlines and if it did happen we’d be taken seriously for champs league football

100mill for Son

Or £3m and Henri Lansbury.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #173 on: December 14, 2020, 03:47:19 PM »
I would like us to sign a couple of players in the January window.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #174 on: December 14, 2020, 04:04:57 PM »
I wouldn't be at all surprised if we are in or around the European spots come January the owners make a large amount available.
My preference would be to try and get Danny Ings who is yet to sign a new contract that has been offered to him. Failing that, a big dollop of wedge to bring back Tammy.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #175 on: December 14, 2020, 04:07:50 PM »
Barcelona are short of cash. Anyone there we could use?

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #176 on: December 14, 2020, 04:27:00 PM »
Tammy or Eduard should be get able. Plus a centre half and a midfield 'presence'. Luckily left back is not such a problem now as Targett has improved so much.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #177 on: December 14, 2020, 04:30:53 PM »
Barcelona are short of cash. Anyone there we could use?

No, we're only interested in players who would improve our squad.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #178 on: December 14, 2020, 05:02:37 PM »
I see Dele Ali was put in the shop window on Sunday.
Winks looking for a move aswell.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #179 on: December 14, 2020, 05:08:23 PM »
I see Dele Ali was put in the shop window on Sunday.
Winks looking for a move aswell.

Not really in the areas of the pitch we are looking to improve. Alli's career has gone into freefall quite quickly. We desperately need cover for Watkins and a bruiser in midfield.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal