collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 172374 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2020, 12:57:58 PM »
I reckon FFP will be abandoned or massively watered down for the next couple of years, how can you impose a regulation like that when matchday income has been reduced to nothing?

Even if it isn't I can see any attempt to uphold it being challenged in court and I doubt anyone wants that.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2020, 01:02:35 PM »
Can see Will Hughes being a target in January.

Only played his first game of season on Saturday so reckoned we enquired in the summer but were told his level of fitness and so held off.

DS's type of midfielder and worked with Shakey last season so seems a pretty obvious target in 10-15m range.

Only 25 but already played over 250 games in his career.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2020, 01:39:08 PM »
FFP is just an effort by the big spending clubs to stop newcomers from spending big in an attempt to catch up. It would be interesting to see if our owners would act any differently if they weren't trying to follow the FFP rules.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2020, 01:46:24 PM »
Only played his first game of season on Saturday so reckoned we enquired in the summer but were told his level of fitness and so held off.
DS's type of midfielder and worked with Shakey last season so seems a pretty obvious target in 10-15m range.
Good shout, that.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2020, 01:48:57 PM »
The two key areas I think we need to address are s physical central midfielder and a right sided attacking player.  I still think, however, that we might not see anyone coming in until we shift some off the wage bill. 
Don't we have options already, in front of Cash: Trez, Elmo and Guilbert.
I'd love to see Guilbert given a lash in midfield: strong, quick, sees a pass. Not going to happen, though.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2020, 02:19:31 PM »

Is he actually any good, though? I know there was a big fuss over him when he was breaking through, but i'll be honest, he's totally passed me by in the past few years.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2020, 02:37:16 PM »
A no from me.  If we are going for somebody in the middle I hope it's some big, strapping, overtly physical, box to box sort of player.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2020, 02:39:07 PM »

Is he actually any good, though? I know there was a big fuss over him when he was breaking through, but i'll be honest, he's totally passed me by in the past few years.

Watford fans on one of their forums had him as POTY last season....but at same time were mentioning he offered little in attacking sense with only 1 or 2 assists. He's not a DM either. Just one of those inbetween/continuity midfielders to keep the play ticking over.

Just thought I'd throw him into the mix given half of Sheffield United's midfield are being mentioned as possible signings! And the Shakespeare link.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2020, 04:17:50 PM »
has Lingard been linked yet

I’ve said before he is nailed on to play for us at some time

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2020, 04:21:50 PM »
He's been linked.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2020, 04:24:37 PM »
has Lingard been linked yet

I’ve said before he is nailed on to play for us at some time
WhY?

Offline luke:lamf

« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2020, 04:33:41 PM »
Jesus, I forgot Lingard existed. Which is quite impressive considering he was pretty much my least favourite player (through very little fault of his own, but he's just nowhere near as good or young as pundits have been saying for about the last decade).

I'd make CB the absolute priority. Get in a big,strapping, no-nonsense Terry-type. Shit football skills are acceptable, as long as he knows where to be at all times. Somebody similar to what Robert Huth (and Wes Morgan actually, for that matter) was for Leicester the year they won the title.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2020, 04:37:00 PM »
Can’t believe he’s now 28 which would make him one of our oldest players! Ain’t gonna happen

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2020, 04:46:08 PM »
Another mate of Jacks, Dele Ali.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2020, 05:00:46 PM »
{alt}
The two key areas I think we need to address are s physical central midfielder and a right sided attacking player.  I still think, however, that we might not see anyone coming in until we shift some off the wage bill. 
Don't we have options already, in front of Cash: Trez, Elmo and Guilbert.
I'd love to see Guilbert given a lash in midfield: strong, quick, sees a pass. Not going to happen, though.

We do, but in my humble opinion, I don't think any of those listed have the kind of quality we will need to move forward.  Again, think some of those will have to go before anyone comes in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal