collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 173687 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2020, 06:36:55 PM »
Can see us targeting Lookman end of season. He's only on loan at Fulham from Leipzig and they won't be able to get him full time if they're back in championship.

Another to keep off penalties but impressed by the spark he's given them in final third and he fits the profile of what we've been signing in last two years so could do much worse.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2020, 06:41:37 PM »
Lookman is very good indeed. And I doubt he's doing that again on his next penalty if he ever again gets the opportunity.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2020, 06:44:57 PM »
Lookman is very good indeed. And I doubt he's doing that again on his next penalty if he ever again gets the opportunity.

Just watching Leipzig v bayern Munich which is a brilliant game and he's getting nowhere near their side given the front 3 they have out and likes of Poulsen on bench ahead of Man. United game.

Think they signed him for about 20m from Everton so will probably be in 25-30m range so certainly gettable.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2020, 07:35:55 PM »

we don’t need him to take penalties as we already have our own super heroes in that department  😀

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2020, 07:41:57 PM »

we don’t need him to take penalties as we already have our own super heroes in that department  😀

LOL don't we just. I felt bad for Ollie the other day. He hit it well enough but just leaned back too much.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2020, 08:37:55 PM »
Is Jedinak still at the club, coaching the kids? Maybe have him re-registered as a player just to come on for pens.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2020, 02:22:46 PM »
Wouldn't be the worse bit of business to sell Nakamba and replace him with Oliver Norwood.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2020, 02:58:27 PM »
Wouldn't be the worse bit of business to sell Nakamba and replace him with Oliver Norwood.

Not for me.  Think we need someone who is going to come into the midfield alongside Luiz and to be making real statement signings in positions where we need starters. 

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2020, 03:15:08 PM »
Statement signings in January are very hard to make. Or they are very expensive. I don’t think we need a statement signing as such, more add players that mean the drop off from say a Barkley or Konsa doesn’t mean Hourihane or Elmo. We have to keep adding quality depth and one or two serious injuries we are in a pickle again.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2020, 08:34:56 PM »
Statement signings in January are very hard to make. Or they are very expensive. I don’t think we need a statement signing as such, more add players that mean the drop off from say a Barkley or Konsa doesn’t mean Hourihane or Elmo. We have to keep adding quality depth and one or two serious injuries we are in a pickle again.

Adding at last a couple of players shouldn't be beyond us.  We're an injury or two away from getting sucked back into life at the bottom end of the table, there's no strength in depth whatsoever.

Offline OCD

« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2020, 11:02:34 AM »
Has anyone seen Michael Olise play? Is he the real deal?

Have we been linked with him?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2020, 11:29:18 AM »

Statement signings might be the wrong phrase I suppose TV, but I think we should be looking at bringing in players who are pretty much guaranteed starters if we are going to bring anyone in. 

The two key areas I think we need to address are s physical central midfielder and a right sided attacking player.  I still think, however, that we might not see anyone coming in until we shift some off the wage bill. 

Offline OCD

« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2020, 11:35:47 AM »
The January window is always a tough one to do business in. The summer should be more interesting. The new recruitment team will have had a year analysing targets and we'll be in a stronger position with FFP in order to be able to offer higher wages and if we maintain our start throughout the season, we'll be viewed differently to the summer when we had barely survived.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2020, 11:41:35 AM »

Statement signings might be the wrong phrase I suppose TV, but I think we should be looking at bringing in players who are pretty much guaranteed starters if we are going to bring anyone in. 

The two key areas I think we need to address are s physical central midfielder and a right sided attacking player.  I still think, however, that we might not see anyone coming in until we shift some off the wage bill. 

Apart from the wage bill, we have a full squad so need to move someone on just to make room in the registrations. Lansbury is already being paid without any prospect of playing him, can't be having any more added to that. I reckon at least Kalinic, Guilbert and El Ghazi will all go in January either on loan or permanantly.

Completely agree about the physical central midfielder. We have enough squad player midfielders,we need someone at least at an equivalent standard to Luiz and McGinn, not to Nakamba and Hourihane.

I wonder if we'll revisit the alleged summer interest in the striker from Celtic - Eduoard, with the likelihood they are out of Europe . It would give us the option of playing him and Watkins as a two, or playing him centrally and Watkins wider, or just switching one of them from the bench.

I think a replacement for Taylor will probably wait until the summer when he's out of contract unless there's a Matty Cash type situation where they've identified someone and need to move or lose out, and another centre half probably dependent on Hause or more likely Engels shipping out.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2020, 11:58:46 AM »
I reckon FFP will be abandoned or massively watered down for the next couple of years, how can you impose a regulation like that when matchday income has been reduced to nothing?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal