collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

June 23, 2021, 06:40:04 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 210 | Comments: 1

Having a total aversion to Sub...
June 15, 2021, 06:18:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 488 | Comments: 2

It is not unknown for us to le...
June 07, 2021, 11:24:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 644 | Comments: 3

The money had almost run out b...
May 13, 2021, 11:54:37 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1339 | Comments: 10

Itís forever been a myst...
May 11, 2021, 12:03:49 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1090 | Comments: 4

I was not at all surprised whe...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ross Barkley - signed  (Read 104552 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Ross Barkley - signed
« Reply #1485 on: April 13, 2021, 04:31:15 PM »
Moyes will have him at West Ham for £15-£20m.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1486 on: April 13, 2021, 05:13:52 PM »
he looks so unfit - that's how I'd look on the pitch.
He looks bollixed.

He's been on the Guinness since Christmas.

Online Mister E

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #1487 on: April 13, 2021, 05:22:20 PM »
Moyes will have him at West Ham for £15-£20m.
Here's hoping ...

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1488 on: April 13, 2021, 05:34:48 PM »
He looks bollixed.

can't we just furlough the fucker?

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #1489 on: April 13, 2021, 06:08:36 PM »
I really am struggling to understand why Barkley's struggling so badly.

Given that he's out of the picture at Chelsea and his move to Villa was his big chance to either persuade Smith to sign him fulltime or get a move to another club.

Although he wasn't exactly superfit when he joined us, but put in some performances that gave us a glimpse of the player that we all thought he could become.

Covid and his hamstring seem to have knocked him back to the point that he seems completely devoid of fitness and at the same time his football brain has gone for a walk.

But what's he been doing since he came back? Given his situation, I'd have thought he'd be busting a gut to get properly fit so he can show us how good he can be.

Instead he just doesn't seem interested.

I'm sure that behind the scenes he's been getting every assistance possible.

It looks to me as if he's given up and can't be arsed. Something he'll live to regret?

Online Drummond

• GM : 12.10.2021
« Reply #1490 on: April 13, 2021, 06:26:19 PM »
I'm sure I read that 10 of our first team squad had Covid-19, perhaps it's affecting him. Because I'm amazed that a professional could seem to perform so badly without a good reason.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1491 on: April 13, 2021, 06:39:17 PM »
Because I'm amazed that a professional could seem to perform so badly without a good reason.
we've had plenty over the years

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #1492 on: April 13, 2021, 07:07:04 PM »
I'm sure I read that 10 of our first team squad had Covid-19, perhaps it's affecting him. Because I'm amazed that a professional could seem to perform so badly without a good reason.
If it is affecting him, you would like to think that the manager would keep him out of the team. I think he's just N'Zogbia'd or Irelanded, or worse, McCormacked!

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #1493 on: April 13, 2021, 07:07:42 PM »
He looks bollixed.

That would make 2 of us!

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 12.03.2022
« Reply #1494 on: April 13, 2021, 07:12:43 PM »
Itís disappointing how itís ended up. He was excellent in those first few games.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2022
« Reply #1495 on: April 13, 2021, 07:14:07 PM »
Itís disappointing how itís ended up. He was excellent in those first few games.

Itís like he did his hamstring and then lost all his mojo. Like he was scared to test or extend himself again.

Offline The Edge

• GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #1496 on: April 13, 2021, 07:54:23 PM »

Itís like he did his hamstring and then lost all his mojo. Like he was scared to test or extend himself again.
I agree with that. I have never seen a players form drop off so rapidly. It's either what you suggest or there's some huge bust up gone on and he's stopped even trying as a form of protest. That's pure speculation from me but I'm baffled by what I'm witnessing from him. One things for sure they can't keep giving him a shirt while he's under performing so massively. It would be great if he could snap out of it but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 11.09.2021
« Reply #1497 on: April 13, 2021, 08:05:47 PM »

I think he had a big impact but I donít think his form was that impressive.  Or in XG terms he was achieving well above his average based on general performances.  From memory there were some deflected goals, an excellent cross and a winning header in a match where Iíd been previously moaning how shit he was playing. 

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #1498 on: April 13, 2021, 09:16:37 PM »
That clip is pretty tough viewing. Iíd be really annoyed if my 11 year old or any of his teamates did that. But to me it indicates his head is very far from being right. That huffing and and throwing his arms about, is all about Ramsey getting in his way for a potential shot (as he would of seen it) just before the clip. Itís childish behaviour, throwing a sulk, the sort of behaviour you might expect from a younger child, not a grown man never mind a professional sportsman. There is something very wrong with him.
Even with Trez and Grealish injured, I donít think he should be anywhere near the side now until he leaves, potentially toxic. Itís a shame for him, but it canít be our problem.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2022
« Reply #1499 on: April 13, 2021, 10:22:59 PM »
In that clip he looks like he's arguing with himself, or at least talking to himself. I reckon he is not in the right head space at the moment, a bit like Ross McCormack/Stephen Ireland/Drinkwater.

This is his last chance, if he doesn't turn himself around between now and the end of the season, no PL club will take the chance on him, and his career will dwindle into obscurity.
I really want him to succeed, but it looks like he wont.

I'm sure a few PL sides will still take a chance on him.

He looked bright (play wise) during the first part of the season and was a big factor in our early results. Talk of getting into the England squad (which is how Deano sold the loan to him) didn't look outlandish back then.

But if he's not getting in our team he won't be in contention for his parent club, I'd have thought.

Yet the likes of Palace or Newcastle may bite.  Or Burnleh. A little closer to home and with cash on the hip now after their recent takeover.

If he tried those antics at Burnley, Dyche wouldn't be long getting rid of him like he did with his mate Drinky. Bruce already has Shelvey taking up the Barkley role at Newcastle.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal