collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Premier League season 21/22. What the media are saying on Villa  (Read 29060 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Premier League 20/21 What the pundits are saying on Villa
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2020, 02:36:26 AM »
It’s the biggest management job he ever had, and likely will ever have and I genuinely think he feels great pride in that irrespective of how it ended. I think the size of the club struck him once he got here and certainly as part of the run to the cup final. The following summer and season was a disaster, but we clearly had an impact on him as he rarely ever has a bad word to say about us. Always very complimentary.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2020, 10:09:11 AM »
Jim Beglin on commentary last night vs Chelsea
Jack Grealish
"He’s an absolutely fabulous footballer and he’s going to go on to great things - but at times he doesn’t even try to stay on his feet.”

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2020, 10:13:32 AM »
Our first game is upon us!
This thread here is to give comment, discussion and debate to what is being said about us the mighty Aston Villa this season.

For me I think we'll surprise a few people and receive plenty of positive noise . At this moment as we haven't kicked off yet the comments on Aston Villa seem to suggest we'll be battling relegation again.

Gary Neville
"I’m going to say West Brom and Fulham [for relegation],” says Neville. “And I’m also going to say Villa, because I said it a couple of weeks ago, even though I don’t want them to. I just think they’re going to struggle"

Robbie Savage
Says Aston Villa will finish 18th and be relegated
I came here to watch the match analysis by Ian Wright and Tim Sherwood. Both have really caught on to the idea that we are a serious club with serious intentions. However I felt the need put up the OP and show up Robbie Savage for what he is. A nasty little ex bluenose who is clueless about football and steals a living as a pundit.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2020, 10:36:11 AM »
Just watching the football show on sky. Danny Mills is another one who seems to have issues with us. Talking about our equaliser last night he is convinced Jack fouled Christensen and wouldn't accept that the Chelsea player was equally guilty of fouling Jack. The ref saw it as 50/50 and I agree. The difference being Jack got up and played a pivotal part in the goal. The Chelsea player decided to feign an injury and it cost them.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2020, 10:39:04 AM »
Just watching the football show on sky. Danny Mills is another one who seems to have issues with us. Talking about our equaliser last night he is convinced Jack fouled Christensen and wouldn't accept that the Chelsea player was equally guilty of fouling Jack. The ref saw it as 50/50 and I agree. The difference being Jack got up and played a pivotal part in the goal. The Chelsea player decided to feign an injury and it cost them.

I've come to a now conclusion for whatever reason Mills chap is bias against Villa

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2020, 10:42:11 AM »
Danny Mills is not a very good pundit.

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2020, 10:48:12 AM »
Christensen did what many other players have done before him.  Not able to deal with Grealish, he puts his body in his way to check his run.  In my book, that would usually be a foul on Grealish but as Jack had managed to release the ball, the ref quite rightly allowed play to continue.

I’m struggling to understand why anyone sees it differently.  Perhaps its my claret and blue tinted glasses, but suspect its more likely Mills’ shit tinted glasses as that is normally the sum of what he spouts off.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2020, 11:52:46 AM »
On the commentary last night, just after they showed a stats box with Grealish at the top for chances created this season, Beglin and the commentator discussed how JG might soon be 'one of the best players in the country'.
Which I thought was rather odd, and not a little unintelligent.

There seems to be a reluctance amongst some pundits to acknowledge the unique capabilities that JG has; in contrast to the growing recognition amongst opposition fans that JG is indeed incredibly skillful.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2020, 12:45:06 PM »
Jim Bogglin made even less sense last night than he does on Pro Evo.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2020, 01:04:35 PM »
Danny Mills is not a very good pundit.

I agree.
He's trying to make up for this by going against the tide and hooking himself onto the minority opinion.
It gets him noticed I suppose.
He's the pundit equivalent of Katie Hopkins.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2020, 12:09:19 PM »
I honestly couldn’t give a flying fcuk what Danny Fcukin Mills, Savage or any of the ill informed, ill researched pundits think about us (and I include Agbonlahor in that lot).  Except to say that if it’s pissing a few of them off then we’re obviously doing something right as there’s a lot of jealousy out there.  What would we actually miss if any of this lot disappeared from our screens/airwaves overnight.  I was sad when Dimbleby called it a day.  Less so when Beglin does.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2020, 01:06:24 PM »
Good research in that article.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal