collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Premier League season 21/22. What the media are saying on Villa  (Read 29058 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Premier League season 21/22. What the media are saying on Villa
« Reply #165 on: October 21, 2021, 03:39:53 PM »
You won't see me defending O'Neill. We all know his faults. My point was I am still shocked that the Aston Villa manager in 2011 sat down with one of our main players and basically helped sell the Liverpool move to him. I think that is an utter disgrace and surely unethical.

To you or I, yes. But if the club wanted the money, it wouldn't be a new phenomenon, plenty of players down the years have been told thanks and fuck off, we'd rather the money than you.
Brown envelopes

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2021, 08:16:40 AM »
Gary Neville after Arsenal match
" I do think there is a bedding in period and an element of settling down into a system and a way of playing
It was a disturbing first-half and those results we have seen there, there is nothing that stands out as being shocking.

You can get beat 3-0 by Chelsea, that is obviously the one that looks like a bad one.
I think Villa are fine, personally and I do not think it is time to panic.
I think those players on the pitch, when they got into a way of playing that was a lot more comfortable in the second half, they played a pretty decent game. I feel really comfortable with Villa in terms of what I am seeing."

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2021, 06:20:15 PM »
The Times
Five substitutions in football set to become permanent - proposed at International FA Board panel meeting today and strongly supported. Will put renewed pressure on Premier League to follow the rest of football from next season.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2021, 12:52:09 PM »
Ashley Preece comments on a Q& A
About Dean leaving
"It's conceivable but I've been told the board remain right behind the manager despite the run of results. It's the manner of Southampton on Friday which will point to which direction this ship turns. November is critical with Saints, Brighton and Palace. December starts off with Man City, Leicester and then Liverpool, for example.:

« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 12:57:44 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2021, 07:04:28 PM »
Where next for Aston Villa and Dean Smith after four straight defeats?

Villa knew they needed a defensive midfielder in the summer. Their failure to sign one has left them in a precarious position

By Martin Laurence for WhoScored

https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2021/nov/02/aston-villa-dean-smith-four-straight-defeats-premier-league

« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 07:06:56 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2021, 02:31:20 AM »
I don't know the journo but that article sums it up very well.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2022, 12:27:08 AM »
Sam Cummingham inews headline
"Jack Grealish gone, £200m+ spent and relegation not ruled out – Aston Villa’s great gamble"

Starts with
"Villa have spent big again as new boss Steven Gerrard is tasked with firing them up the Premier League table. Will it pay off?"
Ends with
"Time will tell if this is all shrewd business to restore the club’s place in the upper echelons of English football, or a great gamble that backfires"

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/aston-villa-steven-gerrard-philippe-coutinho-lucas-digne-signings-january-transfer-window-1402272
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 12:28:57 AM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2022, 11:21:09 AM »
Rio Ferdinand  BT Sport pundit believes Ramsey could become an incredible player in years to come

“The glimpses he’s showing us at the moment, for a kid so young, with the inexperience he’s got, the lack of exposure at this level, is beautiful to see. We love watching young players, you hear us here in the studio salivating over them and they’re the players we want to come to the stadium and watch.
He’s just another one who we’re sitting here going, ‘what’s that going to look like in two, three, four years? Where’s he going to be?’. Stevie will be hoping it’s here, but there’ll be big, big, big clubs, far bigger than Aston Villa, with all due respect, circling and wanting that type of talent in their team, I’m sure.”

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal