collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Premier League season 21/22. What the media are saying on Villa  (Read 29109 times)

Offline edgysatsuma89

Re: Premier League 20/21 What the pundits are saying on Villa
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2021, 01:08:58 AM »
Just listened to today’s Guardian Football Weekly. A bigger bunch of condescending ****** you will not hear especially some no name Arsenal fan called Jordan. Dean Smith is only doing an ok job. One of the questions asked of him was along the lines of if your house was on fire and inside was Dean Smith and a stick of butter what would you save. That while we have some good players basically Villa are lucky to be in the PL and should have gone down but for a scandalous decision (assume Sheff Utd). But it was more the stuff about Dean Smith that made my blood boil. And this wanker Jordan made out that Villa fans are needy because he’s being challenged on his hate of Villa.

To be fair I think both Max and Barry are generally fair about Villa. Jordan is the only one who is utterly unprofessional about it.

Strangely though Jordan has us to finish 6th along with Max this season. Really dislike the bloke but that surprised me.

Edit: Oh and he still says we are the worst fans in the country.

Not sure why Jordan has it in for us but it’s become a comedy thing on the pod now so he plays up to it - the rest of the panel are very reasonable on the whole.

I do laugh at a self-proclaimed ‘Gunner’ complaining about other fans being deluded. Someone call the irony police, I need to make an arrest…

Oh he definitely plays up to, it is just really tedious.

I think there would have been a lot of arrests last night.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Premier League season 21/22. What the media are saying on Villa
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2021, 10:48:26 PM »
Mark Lawrenson . Lawro's prediction: 2-0
Aston Villa v Newcastle
Both of these sides lost their opening games and I wonder if Newcastle will stick with the more attacking approach that saw them ship four goals at home to West Ham.

Aston Villa did not do too much better, conceding three at Watford and leaving their comeback too late, but I am expecting more from them this time, especially at Villa Park.

I am mentioning the crowd being back a lot in these early weeks of the season and I think they will make a huge difference to the home form of some sides, including Villa.

The other thing with Villa's fans is that they will be looking forward to seeing how their new-look side is shaping up. On that side of things, I think we will see Villa improving as their new faces bed in.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2021, 11:25:11 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/58295691

Match of the Day analysis: How Danny Ings scored his 'fabulous' bicycle kick for Aston Villa

Match of the Day analysis: How Danny Ings scored his 'fabulous' bicycle kick for Aston Villa

Match of the Day's Gary Lineker, Jermaine Jenas and Danny Murphy analyse Danny Ings' "fabulous" bicycle kick for Aston Villa in their 2-0 win over Newcastle United.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2021, 12:04:42 PM »
Thanks for all these links, Footy-Vill

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2021, 09:43:08 PM »
Aston Villa Vs Brentford is last on MOTD tonight.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2021, 09:52:36 AM »
Article titled by BBC Phil McNulty
Premier League: Who had the best transfer window?

Reading through it Villa aren't even mentioned?! Let alone business done
Poor.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2021, 11:42:25 AM »
On Football Focus Dion said Danny Ings was the best transfer of the summer and Lawro said Villa had done very good (possibly the best?) business this summer.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2021, 01:35:03 PM »

Poor.

Articles that steaming turd are why 6 of the clubs thought they could walk away and create their own little closed shop, supposed to be a review of the window and it just mentions the expected 6 and Everton and ignores everyone else, c**ts.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2021, 03:03:55 PM »

Poor.

Articles that steaming turd are why 6 of the clubs thought they could walk away and create their own little closed shop, supposed to be a review of the window and it just mentions the expected 6 and Everton and ignores everyone else, c**ts.

I live in France and the bias towards the Big, sorry Richest 3 of the Top 6 on the footy channel RMC is amazing and even quite funny. Wolves v Man U was just unbelievable - they were begging for Manure to score. They were biased towards Chelsea against Liverpool as well, but a bit less blatantly. It does make you wonder.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2021, 06:27:01 PM »
BBC football expert Mark Lawrenson prediction is 2-1 to Spurs but this so called expert reasoning as to why makes little sense from what he says:

"Aston Villa are ticking along nicely and got a great win at Old Trafford last time out. They played well, and stuck at it too - they were so determined, and it paid off.
The opposite was the case for Tottenham in their dismal derby defeat against Arsenal. That was a real worry - if you cannot get yourself motivated for a game like that one, then you have got serious problems.
Nuno Espirito Santo has to improve the mood and morale in his camp, but he also needs to get Harry Kane firing. I think that will happen soon, which is why I am backing Spurs here."

That Villa showed great character and determination n winning at Old Trafford however Spurs couldn't even raise themselves for the London derby?!

He should be calling a draw at best to Spurs based in current form and that Villa are settling while Spurs have not in recent matches shown much quality.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2021, 06:35:13 PM »
BBC football expert Mark Lawrenson prediction is 2-1 to Spurs but this so called expert reasoning as to why makes little sense from what he says:

"Aston Villa are ticking along nicely and got a great win at Old Trafford last time out. They played well, and stuck at it too - they were so determined, and it paid off.
The opposite was the case for Tottenham in their dismal derby defeat against Arsenal. That was a real worry - if you cannot get yourself motivated for a game like that one, then you have got serious problems.
Nuno Espirito Santo has to improve the mood and morale in his camp, but he also needs to get Harry Kane firing. I think that will happen soon, which is why I am backing Spurs here."

That Villa showed great character and determination n winning at Old Trafford however Spurs couldn't even raise themselves for the London derby?!

He should be calling a draw at best to Spurs based in current form and that Villa are settling while Spurs have not in recent matches shown much quality.
There for the taking - my faith in this team and management grows by the week.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2021, 06:45:26 PM »
BBC football expert Mark Lawrenson prediction is 2-1 to Spurs but this so called expert reasoning as to why makes little sense from what he says:
Lawrenson is sooooo past it.
I hope Deano shows this quote to the team; not that they will know who the f**k the idiot is.

All of which is not to say that we won't lose 2-1 on Sunday...  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2021, 07:32:06 PM »
Just listened to today’s Guardian Football Weekly. A bigger bunch of condescending ****** you will not hear especially some no name Arsenal fan called Jordan.

The Guardian's Chief Sports Writer Barney Ronay is a complete arse. During the Euro's he was slagging of Villa's Joe and was fully behind Southgate not starting him. Joe moves to Man City and Ronay thinks Joe's a genius and should be an England automatic starter. My guess is despite his job title he's new to football.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2021, 07:46:35 PM »
Just listened to today’s Guardian Football Weekly. A bigger bunch of condescending ****** you will not hear especially some no name Arsenal fan called Jordan.

The Guardian's Chief Sports Writer Barney Ronay is a complete arse. During the Euro's he was slagging of Villa's Joe and was fully behind Southgate not starting him. Joe moves to Man City and Ronay thinks Joe's a genius and should be an England automatic starter. My guess is despite his job title he's new to football.

And he's called Barney you say? I'm going to take a giant leap and file under twat.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2021, 08:56:35 PM »
MICAH RICHARDS: I would love to play - just once - for this ambitious Aston Villa team... my injury turmoil and struggles there reduced me to tears - and being unable to help broke my heart 

A significant anniversary in my life is approaching. A week on Friday, October 15, it will be five years since I played my last game in professional football.
I was substituted in the 66th minute of a 1-1 draw for Aston Villa at home against Wolves after I'd had what could kindly be described as a 'challenging' afternoon, trying to keep Helder Costa quiet. I'd had a lot of issues with my knee all through my career but little did I know the end was coming.

By the end of play that day, Villa were 20th in the Championship.
We'd only won one of our opening 12 fixtures and were a point above the relegation zone. Six months earlier we had dropped out of the Premier League, described by some as one of the worst teams to have played in the division.
When I signed for Villa, it felt like everything was coming together. I was born in Birmingham and my Dad always had a feeling that I'd play for them even when I was at Manchester City. Unfortunately – and this is something of an understatement – it turned out, football-wise, to be a disaster.

In the summer I arrived (2015), there was a lot of bold talk but then a lot of big players were sold.

Christian Benteke went to Liverpool; Fabian Delph went to City while Ron Vlaar went back to AZ Alkmaar. The spine of our team had disappeared and results suffered.

The biggest mistake of all, though, was the decision to sack Tim Sherwood three months into the campaign. We'd been playing good football and felt things would turn around but Remi Garde came in and the rest was history. I'll say it again: it was a disaster.

But it should never have been that way. I think back to some of the players who were there and wonder how things ended up as they did. We had really good players bursting with potential – look at Jack Grealish and Idrissa Gueye facing each other in the Champions League this week.

There were others such as Jordan Amavi, who ended up at Marseille; Jordan Veretout has played for France and is now doing well under Jose Mourinho at Roma. The talent was there, it just couldn't knit together as everyone hoped it would.

I often get criticised by a section of Villa fans, who claim that I didn't care about them when I was on the sidelines and all I was concerned about was getting paid. It's absolute nonsense. I've never really gone into detail about the two years I spent trying to get fit but I will now.
It broke my heart not being able to show what I could. People see me as a bubbly character but I had to continually put on a front when I was at Bodymoor Heath, the club's training ground, to mask the anguish I was feeling at not being able to contribute.

There were nights I would be at home in tears, wondering when the misery I was enduring would ever turn. All I wanted to do was help. Villa is one of the great clubs, with a stadium and fan-base that many could only dream about.

Thankfully there were some good people around to provide support, notably the physio John Hartley and Dr Ricky Shamji. Both told me there was a life after football and how you can never tell what the future holds. They kept me going at times when I felt helpless.

From my position on the sidelines – I spent three years trying to get back – I saw Villa experience wild ups and downs, the relentless fight to get the club back where it belonged. Losing the play-off final to Fulham in 2018 was an especially grim day as they had put so much into campaign.

I was there, too, for the big change when Dean Smith arrived on October 10, 2018. I hoped to convince him that I could play for him but he was very honest with me early on in his reign – he told me I wasn't fit enough and, in possession, I was going to slow his team down.

Those aren't words you want to hear but, in many ways, I respected the truth. Smith is a good manager, who lifted them out of the Championship and the stylish team he has built is thriving after beating Manchester United at Old Trafford, a result their bold approach fully deserved.

Villa's owners are ambitious and the way they conducted their business this summer after selling Jack for £100million shows how determined they are to make sustained progress. We have seen teams go backwards after cashing in on an exceptional talent but Villa have been smart.

So why shouldn't they be the team that emerges from the pack to put pressure on the top four? I'm not saying they will break in to it this season but why shouldn't they make that their ambition? John McGinn has stepped up, Ezri Konsa looks like he could play for England with Ollie Watkins.

Smith is getting Villa rolling and it is fantastic to see. If I had three wishes, one would be to play one game for him in peak physical condition. I watch Matty Cash flying up the pitch now and think how I'd love to do that, too. Here is a club moving forward. They won't take their eye off the ball.

Source Daily Mail

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal