collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burton 1-3 Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 7599 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Burton 1-3 Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2020, 09:52:11 PM »
What was the point of playing Ange and Jota? - really??!!
Ramsey looked good, Davis took his goal well, Watkins will just get better and better.

Defence ... worrying.

Don't forget that of the 6 deepest players (GK, defence and DM) in the only Mings is likely to start the next game. Them looking a bit out of sorts isn't much of a problem. Awful from Taylor and Elmo for the goal though.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2020, 09:52:20 PM »
This game might not have seemed all that important to us as a club, but it was massively emotional for me.  My brother, and very infrequent poster on here, passed away on the 28th.  This is the first game i've watched without at least being on the end of the phone.  When Grealish scored I broke down.  This was and is more than a football club to us both.  UTV.

Offline colin69

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2020, 09:52:51 PM »
Not the best of games but job done. Well taken goal by Jack and pleased for Keinan.
Looked much better when Doug came on.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2020, 09:53:18 PM »
Great interview from Jack post match.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2020, 09:55:14 PM »
Grealish was fantastic. Impressed with Watkins. Mings did a job. Most of the rest were fair to middling. Lansbury was a waste of space.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2020, 09:55:16 PM »
This game might not have seemed all that important to us as a club, but it was massively emotional for me.  My brother, and very infrequent poster on here, passed away on the 28th.  This is the first game i've watched without at least being on the end of the phone.  When Grealish scored I broke down.  This was and is more than a football club to us both.  UTV.

Extremely sorry to hear that TOBB, sincere condolences to you, your family and his friends.  Take care of yourself.

Offline WilliamStanding

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2020, 09:55:52 PM »
Very excited about Watkins, pleases for Davies, just needs to do it against teams two tiers higher and his potential may just be realised.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2020, 09:58:21 PM »
Very sorry to hear that. HEITS.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2020, 09:58:25 PM »
Happy enough, Grealish was brill, particularly first half.

Lansbury was chronic, Jota poor and the crossing suspect at times.

Watkins looked good, so did Ramsey.

Thought Jota was ok but Lansbury was a different level of awful. Walked around the pitch throughout, complete farce. Thought Smith was having a laugh giving him 90mins, trying to show him up perhaps. Ironic that he got an assist. Thought Nakamba was very average and AEG is fast running out of chances too.

Delighted for Davis and good for Watkins to get off the mark. Unbelievable from Jack again.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2020, 09:58:37 PM »
Two evenly matched sides, they made us work for the result but in the end over £200m spend and Jack came through. Really glad we had this game before we kick off the season, it was a real wake up call to the hard work that's needed for the season. Tonight was so much like last season but we have to hope we can step it up a gear or three with better players joining.

Delighted for Ollie and Davis to get off the mark. Ramsey impressed first half, Jack still playing like he doesn't trust anybody else in the team. Douglas looks like his form from end of season will carry through to the new one, love the way he floats around but there's plenty to do at BMH. Tactics would be a great place to start.

Overall, we played very much like we did last season, the good news is we have better players to come in. Sheff Utd will be another tough one.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2020, 09:59:14 PM »
Best wishes mate. Your bro would have loved Jacks goal.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2020, 09:59:22 PM »
Like Darren Bent as a pundit. Never seem him in that role before.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2020, 09:59:54 PM »

I can empathise having lost my brother (who didn't support Villa as it happened) 6 weeks ago.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 10:04:02 PM by rob_bridge »

Offline WilliamStanding

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2020, 10:00:01 PM »

Puts things into perspective, god bless to you and your family.HEITS

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2020, 10:00:31 PM »

Extremely sorry to hear that TOBB, sincere condolences to you, your family and his friends.  Take care of yourself.

echo that,  the first game following such a loss is really hard, not having that someone to bounce off with the highs and lows of the game .

Keep strong..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal